Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spanner in the Works?

Anyone think the US are going to upset the short play on the FTSE?

Anyone think the US are going to upset the short play on the FTSE?

I hope they drive it up so we can continue our short plays, if thats what you mean :)

Not very often you get opportunities to sell at the top end of a channel line and a key resistance level like the 4300's, so yeah lets hope it gets a bit higher so we have more space on the short side to make the risk/reward worth it.

I hope they drive it up so we can continue our short plays, if thats what you mean :)

Not very often you get opportunities to sell at the top end of a channel line and a key resistance level like the 4300's, so yeah lets hope it gets a bit higher so we have more space on the short side to make the risk/reward worth it.

No higher than 4285 I hope lol.

buy ftse100 daily sep now at 4208 sl 4180 tgt 4234-4260
to knw abt me, private message me :)

trend is still -ve w.r.t to todays high. iexpecta quick move up. place bu as close to stoploss as possiblen hold with strict stoploss

edit>>its june contract.

Last edited:
long FTSE 4239 target 4277

EDIT: i'm experimenting with longer TF's, that's my excuse for opening another position :whistling

EDIT: 4hr, 1hr and 15 min...and i've made myself a lovely aesthetically pleasing advanced chart...i may post a picture if you've all been good boys and girls :)

Last edited:
big flared trousers...it looks like it's struggling with one of the floors of my channel (now acting as res).

i think i'm doing this wrong too...is it right i should have waited for the 4hr or 1hr bar to close and the next bar to open before opening a position anyone?

Out @ 4238 for 32 pts, 2 wins out of 2 for 70 pts.
Lets see what the big bad US session can do.

Good luck everyone.

Out @ 4238 for 32 pts, 2 wins out of 2 for 70 pts.
Lets see what the big bad US session can do.

Good luck everyone.

Very, very nice work mate - I especially enjoyed that 4270 short

Think you are right to get out now rather than wait for 4220 as you initially posted, US opening is upon us

Very, very nice work mate - I especially enjoyed that 4270 short

Think you are right to get out now rather than wait for 4220 as you initially posted, US opening is upon us

Thanks lapalabra, watch it go now mate.:)

i think i'm doing this wrong too...is it right i should have waited for the 4hr or 1hr bar to close and the next bar to open before opening a position anyone?

FWIW, I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to that - you can trade H1 with M15 entries before a bar closes IMHO. Though I guess the price action within that hourly period should also confirm the direction you wish to trade on H1, if that makes sense?

Just my 2p

long FTSE 4239 target 4277

EDIT: i'm experimenting with longer TF's, that's my excuse for opening another position :whistling

EDIT: 4hr, 1hr and 15 min...and i've made myself a lovely aesthetically pleasing advanced chart...i may post a picture if you've all been good boys and girls :)

Dont forget to manage your stop Dr B!!! You are in profit now.

FTSE & S&P VOLUME CHARTS, 60min TF, 9p MA on the FTSE vol; it's not on the S&P as its traded 24hrs

Attachments

• ftse vol.JPG
    ftse vol.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 98
  • sp vol.JPG
    sp vol.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.