Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Lapa, I am looking for a short entry. Do you think we will move up short term forming a bear flag before coming down further?

Hey kaisen. I don't think anything and have absolutely no opinion :) I am just acting on my signals and a smattering of other stuff to keep me out of trades rather than get me into them.

I expect the trend to be downward, and I expect congestion around this 4270 - 4280, but as to whether there is another pullback I would not know.

Normally I would consider that moment past as we make lower highs and lower lows, but there seems to be a determination to keep testing this top of the channel - how much strength it has I don't know.

Hey kaisen. I don't think anything and have absolutely no opinion :) I am just acting on my signals and a smattering of other stuff to keep me out of trades rather than get me into them.

I expect the trend to be downward, and I expect congestion around this 4270 - 4280, but as to whether there is another pullback I would not know.

Normally I would consider that moment past as we make lower highs and lower lows, but there seems to be a determination to keep testing this top of the channel - how much strength it has I don't know.

Thanks Lapa.

You sound much better, this morning! :D

Oh I still feel rubbish.

I've got a friend of mine who calls it Man Flu - she says its like normal flu except that it only affects men and whereas with normal flu there is sniffiling and aches with Man Flu you are literally in the final painful throes before death and you need all the attention in the world.

Felt like that yesterday :)

There's your short entry....if you still want one! :rolleyes:

Cheers Lapa - went short at 4290 - just trying to figure out whether we are headed a little further north and whether to take another short there.

Did I miss Reza posting his analysis? Would be quite useful right now methinks.

:confused:

Closed 4278 - for +12 pnts.

(Paper traded short from 4294 so would have been a nice 16pnts more - nice one noobie!)

Last edited:
I'm glad that I did not hang on to that one. Didn't go long, though. Difficult to make a crust, sometimes!

I use a Bollinger to tell me when it is oversold/overbought. That got me out of my short, this morning. Got to be careful, though, about using them for entry signals as they can, either, be showing you a bounce, or the start of a trend.

Cheers Lapa - went short at 4290 - just trying to figure out whether we are headed a little further north and whether to take another short there.

Did I miss Reza posting his analysis? Would be quite useful right now methinks.

:confused:

Look back at Traceyjc's post from yesterday afternoon around 4pmish re: volatility and Q2 reporting- I think that applies right now.

I am uncomfortable when I do not know the overall direction, especially after a certain time in the morning when I would expect it to be clear.

Stopped out of last short trade @ -4pts

broadening formation on the 60m TF, may blow out the top ? I'm more interested in the downside though.

Other news that may partley explain the US run yesterday , FED announced an extension of its special liquidity schemes to 2010.

How's you guess Sudden???!!!

The september FTSE futures contract, I think you guys watch the cash/rolling contract. To the best of my knowledge, the september contract runs at a 23pt discount

Me too. We should go up the pub aand commiserate. :)

Lunchtime, for me, anyway. The whipsaw period. Have a nice weekend.

Split

With big moves like we saw in the morning, there aint no whipsaws around, theres big money out there moving things!

And as I write that, here we go...I take it you are in this one Split?

Status
Not open for further replies.