Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
short again at 3510 s/l 20 and targets around the 3460 mark..
i think it willrally but it will start at a round 3450

i personally don't pay any attention to the news my friend because I am a technical analyst who trades using historical chart patterns........

but everybody has a different method of trading and we should all use what brings us the greatest rewards

keep going my friend

i work on news as i thought it had massive impacts on the market but might change my game plan now as it seem to giving me see-saw results sometime up sometimes down.
Thinking off pulling out now n takin a loss as its (the ftse) cheesin me off a bit lol

Interesting how Gold is respecting the channel.........

I need to see that break as part of my puzzle in order to go long..........

Attachments

• 9th march 9.00.png
    9th march 9.00.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 187
all the hype on Lloyds deal i was following it over the weekend and i thought it would bring the ftse up but ...(n)
i was in b4 the market opened and was up but then it all crashed and my stop loss was below my average so i just let it roll.

Trading before market open can be very risky, I have had my fingers burnt with limit orders many times. I prefer to wait and see how market reacts to news or events first, and then jump into the trend.

I think the big losses in the overnight Asian session were a red flag to opening a long position pre-market.

short again at 3510 s/l 20 and targets around the 3460 mark..
i think it willrally but it will start at a round 3450

made 24 points..
now up 4 points for the day..
come on WS whats going on?
no real direction yet:sleep:

i work on news as i thought it had massive impacts on the market

Well sometimes it does, but the thing about the market is that it sometimes moves in one direction even though it will eventually move iun the other direction. Make sense?

Take a look at Friday's session in the US markets. The US jobs report comes out pre-market, redundancies are worse than expected, unemployment is the highest since whenever, pretty much all bad news. So you would expect the market to fall, right?

Well it did, eventually. But only after it had rallied for a bit first. Why? Well, this is the market makers and institutional traders manipulating the market in order to position themselves better for the eventual sell off. They move the market around, take out the stops and then off we go. It happens a lot. Best thing to do is to wait until you see the market move and then join in with the trend.

I am long FTSE 3470 .........stop loss 3440 - target scalp 10-20 , may be more

can i amend the target to a little bit more with a possibility of just a little bit more again ..haha!!

i will keep trailing stop loss

Last edited:
Morning all, mind if i join in?
I just found this website yesterday so im finding the posts quite intersting.
Ive drawn a channel on my 5 minute chart on the FTSE across the two highs 3589 friday and 3551 today then the bottom of the channel touching the low at 3505 on friday and also 3465 on friday. that gives me a nice channel, and it looks like from the high of 3550 this morning there is a small continuation pattern at around 3500 for half an hour. its now making up the continuation down to the channel bottom.

cheers, BW

S&p

The S&P bounced Friday at a key level.
If you draw a fib from the 1982 low of 101.44 to the high last year of 1570.09 then the 61.8 Fib retracement level is 664.76 (see attached)
We seem to be getting sucked back there this morning so lets see what happens when we touch it again.

Nicola

Attachments

• S&P 27 year.png
    S&P 27 year.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 209
FWIW you might like to try a drawing a fib on the Dax from the 2000 highs to the 2003 lows. You'll notice that the level we are currently at might provide some support....

I am long FTSE 3470 .........stop loss 3440 - target scalp 10-20 , may be more

can i amend the target to a little bit more with a possibility of just a little bit more again ..haha!!

i will keep trailing stop loss

stop loss 3430

I have decided to widen my stop loss on this trade using my profit from the previous trade due to volatility from fridays........

VOLUME............anybody have access to it on FTSE?

stop loss 3430

I have decided to widen my stop loss on this trade using my profit from the previous trade due to volatility from fridays........

VOLUME............anybody have access to it on FTSE?

i have FTSE future volume, what do you need ?

we seem to be having a floor put in to the sell off on the banking index

Attachments

• UK banking Index.png
    UK banking Index.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 223
We are looking bullish - pin bar from support on the 10 min chart and an outside bar after a break of the lower bollinger band on the 5min chart.

I am long at 3480 - s/l 3445.

Edit - target 3520

Status
Not open for further replies.