VSAtrader / Socrates discussion

oatman said:
I've enjoyed all this :LOL: It would have been better across a pit though :cheesy:
I agree with you that it is funny. It is a classic case of what is known as Dramatic Irony.

The great majority are laughing, because they are laughing.

But a small few are laughing for a very good reason that the great majority are not allowed to understand.

And another small few who ought not to be laughing at all, appear to be laughing

So everybody is laughing.:LOL: But for different reasons, and one of these laughing groups has the last laugh in the final analysis.:LOL:

As I've only just joined I'm having the last laugh.

As an aside, and without intending offence to anyone, can I ask if SOCRATES enjoys a privileged position within the trade2win site administration or corporate structure? Part owner perhaps?

Or is The Foyer open season on and for all members?

It's just that he appears to be quite rude to so many members and yet does not appear to be cautioned or in any way taken to task by the moderators of this site. Looking at recent history, the latitude he seems to enjoy does not appear to be so liberally extended to other members.

I only ask so as not to tread on anyone's toes in the future or to queer my own pitch.

Did anyone else go through the Mike Corley saga, years ago? This is going the same way.

Over the Top said:
As I've only just joined I'm having the last laugh.

As an aside, and without intending offence to anyone, can I ask if SOCRATES enjoys a privileged position within the trade2win site administration or corporate structure? Part owner perhaps?

Or is The Foyer open season on and for all members?

It's just that he appears to be quite rude to so many members and yet does not appear to be cautioned or in any way taken to task by the moderators of this site. Looking at recent history, the latitude he seems to enjoy does not appear to be so liberally extended to other members.

I only ask so as not to tread on anyone's toes in the future or to queer my own pitch.
He is never rude in the way understood in common parlance, that is rude using bad language, swearing, and so on, but he is capable of being deliciously rude in the politest possible way when prodded by creatures that come out from underneath the stones they normally inhabit into an arena with which they are not familiar and insist on imposing their own values, which very frequently, happen to be the wrong ones.

This form of extremely polite rudeness a lot of people cannot cope with. it throws them. This is because they are not used to being put in their places with aplomb. They are accustomed to settling things by brawling, vociferating, insulting, cat calling and swearing. This is not an elegant way of dealilng with things, especially when considering that this is not exactly a website for hooligans but to cater for the needs and interests of civilised people interested in trading and investing.

You have not asked him directly if he has a commercial interest in the site. If you were to ask him directly he would directly tell you he has not.

I concur, Soc.

i'd also like to say that some of your posts have been deleted because they've been a bit too blunt, but I'm sure you're aware of that. We're not a police state so some things slide by, others (and other members) cause too much trouble to let slide for ever.

(although I have just been through this thread and deleted a few responses by other members that I feel were OTT - thanks for reporting them, you know who you are...)

rossored said:
I concur, Soc.

i'd also like to say that some of your posts have been deleted because they've been a bit too blunt, but I'm sure you're aware of that. We're not a police state so some things slide by, others (and other members) cause too much trouble to let slide for ever.

(although I have just been through this thread and deleted a few responses by other members that I feel were OTT - thanks for reporting them, you know who you are...)
That is perfectly OK. You have your moderating to do. But you will find always my posts not to contain any swearing or bad language or blasphemies of any sort. My reponses to personal attacks from people who do not even know me or have met me face to face, in person, are justified. I recognise that this infuriates a lot of people, who, try as they might, can never get the upper hand.

You must admit that many of the attacks are in very bad taste.

It is a bit late in the day for you to allow what you have allowed so far to go unpunished.

I will continue to defend my posture resolutely and with vigour.

I am being very prudent in not revealing what I could reveal should I decide to.

The tragedy is that is is a website so to speak for intelligent people whose interest is focused on trading and investing. It is allowed to develop into a never ending bunfight.

I am learning a lot from this.

What I have already learnt causes me not to be generous in the way many members would like and hope for.

dbphoenix said:
Oh, God, no. No more PMs from Socrates.

It's all ashes. ashes . . . :cry:
Listen dbphoenix, don't say these things publicly just to give the impression that I PM you.

This implies that I confer in private and confide in you.

This is a similar ill jugded, ill considered stunt similar to the one Bramble attempted, and look what happened to him.

Notwithstanding the previous, and no malice intended, but you would be the very last person on earth I would choose to confide in.

And while we are at it, it is better if you stick to baseball, as you know nothing of the game of cricket, either.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Blackcab

Mike Corley saga - is this the chap who thought everything that happend in the world was in someway conected with him

dc2000 said:
Blackcab

Mike Corley saga - is this the chap who thought everything that happend in the world was in someway conected with him
How very perceptive of you.

You mean in a similar way that everything that happens in price behaviour across different markets is related to what you show in your website ? :LOL:

Thanks for your replies SOCRATES and rossored.

This is certainly a strange thread. What is it about then? Nautical metaphors? Ownership of rights to trading software or opportunity for public displays of ability with the English language?

I'm not planning on looking at all 2000+ of your posts SOCRATES, but if this thread is a genuine reflection of your normal content I just wonder what your purpose here really is. That was deliberately not a question.

SOCRATES said:
u c ?....easy to tease...

This is an example of real rudeness, recorded here for everybody to see.:rolleyes:

And on a thread that has nothing to do with him either.

As indeed you are easy to tease. BTW I am still waiting for a response to my post yesterday from you and your "pity" - I am available, push the button!.

I think Soc, whilst if one is prepared to trawl through your verbiage you do sometimes have something useful to say, it is rather like a diamond in a goat's **** - although of value it is perhaps unpalatable to most to suffer the unpleasantries needed to extract it.

This is not intended to rude, but no doubt you will perceive it that way.

Crazies are a fact of life, and one needn't go to message boards to find them. Socrates is simply one of the more blatant examples. If you can't view him at least as comic relief, best to put him on Ignore.

dbphoenix said:
Crazies are a fact of life, and one needn't go to message boards to find them. Socrates is simply one of the more blatant examples. If you can't view him at least as comic relief, best to put him on Ignore.
....Not difficult to tease you either is it ?:LOL:

....And when you do not get your own way, all the toys get thrown out of the pram ! :LOL:

Gentle Readers:
Discussion boards are for expounding and defending information, opinions, etc.. There is no room here for direct insulting commands, such as, "shut the __ up." Also, name calling just initiates the downward spiral which leads to multiple posts being deleted. You are free to impune one another's ideas, or to say an action of theirs is without merit, etc... but in order to avoid your post being deleted it is best to avoid directly insulting the object of your scorn.

JO
P.S. you may find this surprising, but we moderators do have other things to do besides cleaning up these threads. There is a market moving somewhere at most times of the day, and we often do not have time to tend to thread maintenance until the off hours.

Socrates,

You have been rude to me. You said I had been on an updata course when I have never been on a trading course. The post was full of false information about my level of knowledge and I found that post rude. Rather than apologise, you made up something about a person impersonating me. You might not swear but I find some of your behaviour rude.

I also find it ironic that you seem to get on with two people who have no self control and have posted lots of abuse and have been temporarily and possibly permanently banned.

jimbo57 said:
As indeed you are easy to tease. BTW I am still waiting for a response to my post yesterday from you and your "pity" - I am available, push the button!.

I think Soc, whilst if one is prepared to trawl through your verbiage you do sometimes have something useful to say, it is rather like a diamond in a goat's **** - although of value it is perhaps unpalatable to most to suffer the unpleasantries needed to extract it.

This is not intended to rude, but no doubt you will perceive it that way.
No, jimbo it is a great compliment.

The fact is, I do drop diamonds, and not synthetic ones either, but real ones, some of them are priceless, but I drop them in places in such a way as to make people WORK in order for them to find them and get them.

When a post of mine gets deleted, for example, it is of great amusement to me, because often, the very post that gets deleted is the one that contains the hidden diamond.

And then, nobody benefits.

Now isn't that really really funny ?You may or may not but I don't just think so, I know so.

That is the difference, and this is what serves to tease and aggravate all those with the wrong intent, and precisely the wrong viewpoint, and it amuses me no end, I can tell you :LOL:

Now, for example there is in the middle of all this silly arguing going on, a very fat diamond to be picked up. As everybody is very busy arguing and being stupid its significance is overlooked. As Tom Williams himself is apt to say "but it is obvious...look at it...it is SCREAMING at you"., etcetera..... See if you can find it....When and if you do find it I will be very pleased for you to keep it and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Bigbusiness said:
Socrates,

You have been rude to me. You said I had been on an updata course when I have never been on a trading course. The post was full of false information about my level of knowledge and I found that post rude. Rather than apologise, you made up something about a person impersonating me. You might not swear but I find some of your behaviour rude.

I also find it ironic that you seem to get on with two people who have no self control and have posted lots of abuse and have been temporarily and possibly permanently banned.
Yes but you started it ~ not me.

So, if it is an apoolgy you are seeking, it is for you to apologise to me first and then I will be happy to apologise to you in return.

However, and not withstanding the previous, all the members on this site can observe that anyone who starts on me gets more than they bargain for or can cope with.

I don't know about the other one, but if you are referring to Bulldozer I will agree his departure is a relief, but then not for the reasons you might think. The real reason is that he was on the brink of spilling all the beans about his methods and how it is he arrives at the correct consclusion with deadly accuracy which is what everyone and his kat wants to know but is not entilted to, Bigbusiness please.

And so the brain drain continues on this site.

In my case, I remain here, but my brain is not for picking but for me to enjoy a bit of fun with all of you. Long may the mirth continue.

Last edited: