VSAtrader / Socrates discussion

This would have to be one of the pointless threads I've ever seen on this site, what was the point?

"fireworks on 6/11 again" ..transposition error or freudian slip ;) (well I never liked Buffalo Bill anyway)

Timaru..not all BB behaviour has a point in the way you think just has market action does not have a point that you think..for the most part they both just churn fulfilling a core need ..queries for clarification to anyone but me please.

Over the Top said:
SOCRATES - you mention you have bought the rights to VSA. Is this what you now market as TradeGuider?
I do not market anything. I have no connection with Tradeguider at all.

timaru69 said:
This would have to be one of the pointless threads I've ever seen on this site, what was the point?

That is the point you see, no point at all, all wind and puff as per usual.

Cannon balls, more like Cannon and Ball !
( sorry fettered lol )

ho hum , back to something constructive

CV

Hmm Idea for a new board called " The steam room" members can go there and blow off at each other, or just have a rant about the markets, politicians etc

Actually I am finding this thread interesting simply because I admire Tom Williams and think that his book is one of the few essential reads in this business. I do agree with someone's else comment about the quality (I am speaking of the first edition) - I went to the trouble of practically writing my own version of it, in order to understand what Tom was trying to say.

Anyway, I am trying to pull together the few scant facts that we can glean from this strange thread. This is my take on it. VSATrader is clearly a friend of Tom Williams. He speaks of going to his home and he quotes Tom's home page as his own in his profile.

These days, Tom's ideas are incorporated into the software offered by Tradeguider. VSATrader has said somewhere that he helps them out on occasions with their seminars. They have also rewritten Tom's book. On their web page you can read an extract of it. I note that it is plastered throughout with references to their software, so clearly they are using the book as a selling tool for the software. Pity.

So far all of this seems fine, reasonable and quite un-newsworthy. What throws a spanner in the works is VSATrader's opening remarks in this thread, which refer to the fact that Socrates bought the rights to version 4. Yet Socrates says he has no affiliation with Tradeguider.

The only conclusion I can reach is that Socrates bought the rights to Tom's OLD software, which has now been superceded by Tradeguider.

I would be curious to know if this is correct. If it is, I would love to know what Socrates is going to do with the software he now has the rights to, given that (a) it was crap anyway and (b) there is a much flashier product available that does the same thing.

Just my thoughts.

What throws a spanner in the works is VSATrader's opening remarks in this thread, which refer to the fact that Socrates bought the rights to version 4. Yet Socrates says he has no affiliation with Tradeguider.

I believe the rights to later versions of VSA were sold to the developers of Tradeguider by way of a transaction that did not involve Socrates in any way.

The only conclusion I can reach is that Socrates bought the rights to Tom's OLD software, which has now been superceded by Tradeguider.

I think that is so, although supersede somehow implies improvement :)

I would be curious to know if this is correct. If it is, I would love to know what Socrates is going to do with the software he now has the rights to, given that (a) it was crap anyway and (b) there is a much flashier product available that does the same thing.

He has, I believe, held the rights for a number of years and having exercised them some time ago has little interest in them now.

Also :~

a. Though perhaps useful in context?
b. Spot on. And considerably more expensive.

All imho and ignorance, of course.

frugi said:
I believe the rights to later versions of VSA were sold to the developers of Tradeguider by way of a transaction that did not involve Socrates in any way.

I think that is so, although supersede somehow implies improvement :)

He has, I believe, held the rights for a number of years and having exercised them some time ago has little interest in them now.

Also :~

a. Though perhaps useful in context?
b. Spot on. And considerably more expensive.
Even Funnier....HA HA HA

I must explain, I am not laughing at you, Frugi, honest. So please do not interpret it personally.

It is a huge joke I am enjoying with others outside the forum at the moment, that has us all in stitches.

Glad I could provide sufficient thread that all might stitch :)

Please forgive my ignorance of the situation too.

SOCRATES said:
It is a huge joke I am enjoying with others outside the forum at the moment, that has us all in stitches.
I used to think you were funny Socrates, a bit long winded and with difficulty letting go, but funny.

I now suspect that you are sadly mad. The "I know the secret and I'm not going to share it", "I am better than all these other people", and now the "I am having a joke with (mythical) people outside this sad group" are things that I have only ever seen before in people who are more than a little barking.

You are clearly posting to make yourself feel important, possibly because as VSA trader says you are not important in real life. Why don't you seek help? It would at least give us a break from the never ending stream of:
"I'm so clever"
"I'm so clever I will never share with the plebes"
etc etc etc.

I used to think dbPhoenix was arrogant but that at least he shared something of value to readers of his post but compared with you he is the epitome of humility.

PS. dB, you know our history so please don't take this as either an insult or a complement (that wouldn't be in character).
PPS. Yes I am asking myself why I bother to post this even as I click Submit Reply.

SOCRATES said:

You laugh at us; we laugh at you. What a happy little bunch we are . . . :)

dbphoenix said:
You laugh at us; we laugh at you. What a happy little bunch we are . . . :)
Ha ha Ha , Yes db. We all laugh, but the difference is we know what it is we have cause to laugh about, whereas you are just laughing for the sake of laughing.:cheesy:

But you are in the dark about the fun, and there, in the dark you remain, and I am not going to PM you to let you in. So carry on laughing, on your own, without knowing why.:LOL:

Kiwi said:
I used to think you were funny Socrates, a bit long winded and with difficulty letting go, but funny.

I now suspect that you are sadly mad. The "I know the secret and I'm not going to share it", "I am better than all these other people", and now the "I am having a joke with (mythical) people outside this sad group" are things that I have only ever seen before in people who are more than a little barking.

You are clearly posting to make yourself feel important, possibly because as VSA trader says you are not important in real life. Why don't you seek help? It would at least give us a break from the never ending stream of:
"I'm so clever"
"I'm so clever I will never share with the plebes"
etc etc etc.

I used to think dbPhoenix was arrogant but that at least he shared something of value to readers of his post but compared with you he is the epitome of humility.

PS. dB, you know our history so please don't take this as either an insult or a complement (that wouldn't be in character).
PPS. Yes I am asking myself why I bother to post this even as I click Submit Reply.
I am sorry you are miffed at a joke we cannot share with you. Just relax and everything will be alright. Don't get uptight, it has nothing to do with you either. I will tell you though, I have always held you in high regard, so I hope you will not spoil the fun.

SOCRATES said:
But you are in the dark about the fun, and there, in the dark you remain, and I am not going to PM you to let you in.

Oh, God, no. No more PMs from Socrates.

It's all ashes. ashes . . . :cry:

SOCRATES said:
I will tell you though, I have always held you in high regard, so I hope you will not spoil the fun.
You b'stard ... attacking my weakness.