Vendor Live Trades

At this stage we will allow vendors post any trade, live or sim, for it will get the discussion going.

There are a good few of us here that are not easily led, as we have already acted foolishly in the past, and at this stage know how to easily differentiate between a genuine person and someone who is just out to make a quick $.

As I keep saying, a genuine vendor has nothing to worry about, and should look at this as free advertising.

I have also been a bit too soft with some vendors, so 2016 will see a more harsh approach, and this is an example, so do not take it personally dbhoenix.

Dbphoenix mentioned in this thread that he sells a pdf book for $30 or so, and that he summed up his 20 to 30 years experience, but if someone wants to go and trawl thru a lod of his posts to get the information they can do that, instead of paying the $30.

This to me is a bit silly.

First, and not picking on Db, just using him as an example, as he is a vendor, who really cares what Db has, or has not done, for, the real truth is that it does not matter one little bit, for Db, and every other vendor are just a little drop in the vast ocean of the financial markets, and one does not need DB's pdf, or any vendor's methods, systems, courses, books, monthly subs, proprietary software, or any other stuff that they might come up with to sell - in order to make money trading.

Wealth accumulation, no matter what level you are at, requires some very basic rules to keep you on the right track, as it can take years to acquire the required mindset and skills that will enable you to accumulate wealth, no matter what vehicle you decide to use, but, the one common aspect to all vehicles is risk, for, no matter what way you accumulate wealth there is always some risk involved - enough said, you know the rest.

I use some very basic rules for trading, and in my case, mostly daytrading, but not all of the time.

1. Never put all of your eggs in one basket.

2. Never give your hard earned money to anyone else, no matter what they offer you - NEVER EVER.

3. Never risk more than 1% of your available trading capital on any one trade - not including leverage.

4. Never be in a hurry to make money, as it can cost you a lot more than you might make.

5. Never get greedy - 100 pennies make a pound.

At this stage we will allow vendors post any trade, live or sim, for it will get the discussion going.

There are a good few of us here that are not easily led, as we have already acted foolishly in the past, and at this stage know how to easily differentiate between a genuine person and someone who is just out to make a quick $.

As I keep saying, a genuine vendor has nothing to worry about, and should look at this as free advertising.

I have also been a bit too soft with some vendors, so 2016 will see a more harsh approach, and this is an example, so do not take it personally dbhoenix.

Dbphoenix mentioned in this thread that he sells a pdf book for $30 or so, and that he summed up his 20 to 30 years experience, but if someone wants to go and trawl thru a lod of his posts to get the information they can do that, instead of paying the $30.

This to me is a bit silly.

First, and not picking on Db, just using him as an example, as he is a vendor, who really cares what Db has, or has not done, for, the real truth is that it does not matter one little bit, for Db, and every other vendor are just a little drop in the vast ocean of the financial markets, and one does not need DB's pdf, or any vendor's methods, systems, courses, books, monthly subs, proprietary software, or any other stuff that they might come up with to sell - in order to make money trading.

Wealth accumulation, no matter what level you are at, requires some very basic rules to keep you on the right track, as it can take years to acquire the required mindset and skills that will enable you to accumulate wealth, no matter what vehicle you decide to use, but, the one common aspect to all vehicles is risk, for, no matter what way you accumulate wealth there is always some risk involved - enough said, you know the rest.

I use some very basic rules for trading, and in my case, mostly daytrading, but not all of the time.

1. Never put all of your eggs in one basket.

2. Never give your hard earned money to anyone else, no matter what they offer you - NEVER EVER.

3. Never risk more than 1% of your available trading capital on any one trade - not including leverage.

4. Never be in a hurry to make money, as it can cost you a lot more than you might make.

5. Never get greedy - 100 pennies make a pound.

Yes, I sell a book for $35, and, yes, the bulk of the content can be found for free if one cares to read my posts. If one wants the jist of the approach, the pdf posted in the first link below my name is also free.

And, no, no one needs my rules, or Wyckoff's, or Douglas's, or Raschke's, or anyone else's. They can instead just read the usual boilerplate rules such as those you've posted and get nowhere, like virtually everyone else, because no one, including you, will explain how to implement them.

Those who are too lazy, as you were, to study the market and learn how it works and develop thoroughly-tested and consistently-profitable trading plans but prefer instead to hand over their money, voluntarily, to anonymous vendors and end up with nothing have only themselves to blame for not having exercised the most basic due diligence.

These threads show up regularly, like crocuses, or the lady who's collecting for the United Way. If you have something of value to post, post it. Otherwise, knock off the cheap shots.

Db

I disagree about using Zulutrade , that shouldn't be a requirement IMO ...

I gave one quick look at the website and I agree, it is not required, in fact, i think it could do one more harm than good to get involved in such websites.

Speaking from experience, and looking back, and noting that it really does not matter what I done, or did not do :) I wasted years jumping from stocks to index futures, to commodities, back to index options, then to fx, then to etf's, and so and so, such that I became "jack of all trades and master of none".

I will not lie, as they experiences were required in order for me to change my way of thinking, and what i discovered is that my very first interest, daytrading US blue chip stocks, was the one i could relate to better, and thus trade better, resulting in positive results.

But, overall, my results did not start to change until I stopped risking too much at one time, meaning having too many positions open at the one time. As soon as I started to trade less, I started to make more, and my concentration went from looking to make money - to looking for low risk entries.

I am small bit off topic, but I think it is relevant, as when a person posts a live trade, you need to know where that person is coming from, otherwise you will not understand why the person took the trade.

Of course one can learn from others, but I think it is far more important to try and understand the way the trader thinks, more so than the way the trader trades.

Yes, I sell a book for $35, and, yes, the bulk of the content can be found for free if one cares to read my posts. If one wants the jist of the approach, the pdf posted in the first link below my name is also free.

And, no, no one needs my rules, or Wyckoff's, or Douglas's, or Raschke's, or anyone else's. They can instead just read the usual boilerplate rules such as those you've posted and get nowhere, like virtually everyone else, because no one, including you, will explain how to implement them.

Those who are too lazy, as you were, to study the market and learn how it works and develop thoroughly-tested and consistently-profitable trading plans but prefer instead to hand over their money, voluntarily, to anonymous vendors and end up with nothing have only themselves to blame for not having exercised the most basic due diligence.

These threads show up regularly, like crocuses, or the lady who's collecting for the United Way. If you have something of value to post, post it. Otherwise, knock off the cheap shots.

Db

Let us recap, in case I am getting Alzheimer's already!

I have posted several live trades, with positive and negative results, you, and all other vendor's here, have posted zilch but links to something that you are trying to sell.

Now, who is the real fool here, and i don't mean which one of us!

Btw, I am far from lazy, silly and stupid, YES, but not lazy - and I intend to show some others (a very small few at that)how they can be less silly and stupid, and use their time more productively for certain types of trading, without costing them a single cent - why you say, well, because I can, that's why!

Also, the vendors with whom I dealt with when I WAS silly and stupid, were far from anonymous, and I will gladly post their names, cost, and what I learned, as I have nothing to hide from anyone.

Last edited:
Let us recap, in case I am getting Alzheimer's already!

I have posted several live trades, with positive and negative results, you, and all other vendor's here, have posted zilch but links to something that you are trying to sell.

Now, who is the real fool here, and i don't mean which one of us!

As I've said, repeatedly, it's free. If you want to discuss my plan and "how I think", fine, though you will of course have to read the material. If 30p is too much, even though half of it is charts, read p. 29.

Or you can whine.

Db

As I've said, repeatedly, it's free. If you want to discuss my plan and "how I think", fine, though you will of course have to read the material. If 30p is too much, even though half of it is charts, read p. 29.

Or you can whine.

Db

I dont get it : Is it free or for $35 ?

I will also now issue a challenge to any vendor here, and be grown up enough to accept the challenge or not, and not try and twist things to suit yourself, or what you are trying to sell.

The challenge is very simple, and the answer is also very simple, if you know it of course!

Challenge:

What, to you, is the most important aspect/s of reading charts.

If you care to take the challenge, then please reply accordingly, starting with the following...

Reply from Vendor:

To me, the most important aspect of reading chart/s is/are......

Or you can whine.

Db

I have absolutely no interest in your pdf, even for free, but I have interest in your reply to my simple challenge, as to me, and a small few others, it will sum up your 20 to 30 years experience in a few lines!

I have absolutely no interest in your pdf, even for free, but I have interest in your reply to my simple challenge, as to me, and a small few others, it will sum up your 20 to 30 years experience in a few lines!

I'm not surprised that you have no interest in it. Nor do I have any interest in your alleged "live trades" that are taken, if they in fact are, without AFAIK any thoroughly-tested and consistently-profitable trading plan to support them.

Be that as it may, the ability to read charts is not particularly important, especially for one who's trading longer-term. What matters most to everyone, chart-reader and non-chart-reader alike, is managing risk. But if you want to limit this to chart readers, the most important aspect of reading them is the ability to distinguish between up and down.

Db

My silly and stupid times:mad:.

Before these there was the usual silly books on TA, psychology, self improvement, etc, etc

David Nassar - How to get started in electronic daytrading - approx $200

conclusion = rubbish, all common daytrading stuff readily available for free - david is a poor salesman

Tod Mitchell - MFAM Trading Course + free commodities course - approx $600

conclusion = Market Flow Analysis Method is valid (ABC123) but his keltner bands and other lagging indicators are pure rubbish - todd is a good salesman

Ken Calhoun - so called "Professional Daytrading Course" - approx $600

ken Calhoun - 4 month live trading room - approx $400

conclusion - Ken is a master salesman, who learned his internet skills from a top marketing professional called Corey Rudl who died in a car crash in 2005
http://www.remembercorey.com/
Ken's live trading room was a joke, as no members were allowed to chat to each other to discuss the approach and what we thought of his methods - i complained and got no joy, so I left after 3 weeks and got no money back. His methods are based on the way institutional traders trade - top down approach, and again, all his stuff is common knowledge and readily available.

Larry Levin - ES Daytrading Course - approx $1,000 after special offer from his sidekick Dan, as original price was close to $3K, but I got the course at a discount as they had not finished the video tapes and sent me the a raw copie of the video without the editing:rolleyes:

conclusion - Larry is a total joke..his market profile, 10 min candle engulfments, and One Time Framing techniques are antiques at this stage, and the videos showed what a joke the trading setups are in some of these big players rooms.

These are the main ones I spent money on, the rest was small money on books, but I still bought a lot of books when starting out, which looking back now were all just the same old stuff rehashed.

Was I lazy, NO, far from it, was I stupid, YES - I was to most thickest, stupid, idiotic, dumb ass, Irish Paddy there was, and it was only after my overtrading that it really sunk in, and I put the whole lot away in a box and done my own thing - I have not looked back since that day.

I'm not surprised that you have no interest in it. Nor do I have any interest in your alleged "live trades" that are taken, if they in fact are, without AFAIK any thoroughly-tested and consistently-profitable trading plan to support them.

Be that as it may, the ability to read charts is not particularly important, especially for one who's trading longer-term. What matters most to everyone, chart-reader and non-chart-reader alike, is managing risk. But if you want to limit this to chart readers, the most important aspect of reading them is the ability to distinguish between up and down.

Db

Why do your replies always state the same thing - you remind me of a politician, keep saying it no matter what and enough people will believe what you say to get enough votes - doesn't cut here, sorry!

I was sort of expecting your reply in relation to charts - what your answer shows..

You are a mediocre trader, who has survived for years by following text book stuff with low risk (which will work for anyone over a long time period). You have no clue about extracting money from the markets in a very short time period, and as such will not engage in any conversation regarding such trading, as you are not willing to say you know nothing about short term trading.

Was I lazy, NO, far from it, was I stupid, YES - I was to most thickest, stupid, idiotic, dumb ass, Irish Paddy there was, and it was only after my overtrading that it really sunk in, and I put the whole lot away in a box and done my own thing - I have not looked back since that day.

Spending money on courses and DVDs and trading rooms and so forth is a lot lazier than developing one's own trading plan based on his observations and testing. It's good that you eventually moved on, but don't kid yourself that resorting to all of the above was not the result of wanting to take an easier way.

But then you have an awful lot of company.

Db

Why do your replies always state the same thing - you remind me of a politician, keep saying it no matter what and enough people will believe what you say to get enough votes - doesn't cut here, sorry!

I was sort of expecting your reply in relation to charts - what your answer shows..

You are a mediocre trader, who has survived for years by following text book stuff with low risk (which will work for anyone over a long time period). You have no clue about extracting money from the markets in a very short time period, and as such will not engage in any conversation regarding such trading, as you are not willing to say you know nothing about short term trading.

And I was expecting your reply as well.

If challenges are your thing, how about posting your trading plan?

Db

Spending money on courses and DVDs and trading rooms and so forth is a lot lazier than developing one's own trading plan based on his observations and testing. It's good that you eventually moved on, but don't kid yourself that resorting to all of the above was not the result of wanting to take an easier way.

Db

Can you please tell me if you are consistently profitable ?

I asked Luidin this question & his answer was honest (as was mine)

This is not a confrontational question, I am simply curious to know the answer to a simple question.

And I was expecting your reply as well.

If challenges are your thing, how about posting your trading plan?

Db

The best plan is the one that you can keep in your head, which is where mine is, at all times - I do not have to write it down, as i am not a politician!

My preferred trading is daytrading the US open - keep an eye on my thread in the stocks section and you will see how I operate - you might even learn something new, unless you think you know everything already that is!

Db

I was a fool..full stop, and I am not afraid to admit it.

Also, I will not treat people as being stupid, as of course I learned things, some useful, but most a total waste of time and effort - which is my whole point to others - you will waste so much time until you realize the answers to your trading do not lie with others, but with yourself, and with a little shove in the right direction, any person can become profitable trading - providing they can relate and trade the way mentioned - if not they must move on and find a way that does suit them, but then you have to find someone with the right experience in relation to that approach, which you might never find.

So, it is wise to think about what you want to do, and if it is possible for you to achieve it.

The best plan is the one that you can keep in your head, which is where mine is, at all times - I do not have to write it down, as i am not a politician!

My preferred trading is daytrading the US open - keep an eye on my thread in the stocks section and you will see how I operate - you might even learn something new, unless you think you know everything already that is!

You've made some good points about vendors. Unfortunately, you've used vendor tricks to make them.

Have yourself a great trading day! :)

Db

Can you please tell me if you are consistently profitable ?

I asked Luidin this question & his answer was honest (as was mine)

This is not a confrontational question, I am simply curious to know the answer to a simple question.

Every trade? Of course not. If you want to know why, my approach is freely available for you to examine.

Db

Db

If you have no interest in live trades, why are you on this thread? A trading plan is like a business plan and it is bit outdated. I am not syaing that you should not have one altogether; however, it should be more of a mindset than anything.

Banks are interested in how well your theories work when put into practice, not just your theories. What I am saying here is that, I want to see your trades more than a book of rules. Do you know how many investors there are that write fluff pieces for publishers to sell to the gullible. It is just like those seminars where people try to sell you on how to flip homes. It boils down to "let me show you how I made all my money and charge you for it". :LOL:

The only thing(s) I want to see from a vendor is a trade confirmation from their broker posted here. All brokerage firms give you trade confirmations like the one I posted. Additionally, I might like to see .pdf or .ps or .xlsx document with brokerage letterhead. No broker is going to miss out on the opportunity for advertising. Moreover, one month is not sufficient. If you went to a bank, you would show them or have to show them more than that. I want monthly statements going back to at least January 2015.

If you cannot provide these things, then don't bother. This is not just in respone to you @dbphoenix but to everyone.

Last edited: