Technical Trading - my 2 cents !!!!

Frank

For what its worth, I am totally sure that the vast majority of us really do very much appreciate what you are posting and the way you are trying to help us. Please, please, please continue to do so.

With thanks,

Steve

Hi Jason,

I assume you are calling me now a 'spoilt child'. Well, okay, that is fine and of course, your opinion. There is no point in arguing.

Can we please now stop this. I really don't have the inclination in arguing via posts.

I am very frustrated, disappointed and sad that this thread has now gone down this road, I am sure you will have more to say.

I truely have tried my best.

Thank you.

don't try and turn it around, you choose this path by ignoring me, i never chose to ignore anyone....................look i can't be bothered to keep up with the 'jones' so just get on and ill learn without asking ok.

im really am done now from this thread now but never from tt, so please carry on so i can learn from the sidelines. I promise not to make any more comments and i now know its best to keep my opinions from others.

thankyou and all the best

jason

Frank

For what its worth, I am totally sure that the vast majority of us really do very much appreciate what you are posting and the way you are trying to help us. Please, please, please continue to do so.

With thanks,

Steve

Steve

FIBBO left the T2W for being called names and I doubt if VEGAS post either for the same reason . People have more important things to do than spending their time on BB and called names.

grey1

Sure bd, glad to help.

Yes, the MACCI, on the 10 minutes $INDU, the reading at 15.20 was about 45, and at 17.00 about 100, as I said the 17.00 is better, nice and overbought, the 15.20 reading is more aggressive. With the MACCI overbought we are looking for the market to pull down, so a good time to 'get short'.

UK times yes.

Regards,
Frank.

understood, thanks.

my cci values are a bit off yours but my data is probably different and i am using a sma of the cci on charts, not from the radar screen.

i had not considered taking trades in the area mentioned at 15.20 but i can see the logic.

did you wait for the dow to be o/b in lower tf ie 1 min before initiating shorts?

currently i am trading dow futures with the use of the cci and it is brilliant, already showing profit. especially after shorting at exactly 19.29 yesterday (tues 9th )

as Grey would say Muchos Grazias....to you all for providing so much practical and logical information. (y)

cheers.

bd.

hi Paul,

many thanks for this, yes i've got it running now, need to play about with it tho

cheers
Glen

View attachment 32296

sorry to divert everyone from the mud slinging,

but can anyone help me get a MACCI on to a TS2ki chart, seems to work find in RadarScreen, but not chart
#

chart MACCI 10min.JPG
glen

sorry to divert everyone from the mud slinging,

but can anyone help me get a MACCI on to a TS2ki chart, seems to work find in RadarScreen, but not chart
#

View attachment 32334
glen

Glen

If memory serves me correctly, Its because MACCI only plots in the colour BLACK. Because you are using BLACK as your background you can't see it. Sounds funny but its true!

Let me know,

Steve

Glen

If memory serves me correctly, Its because MACCI only plots in the colour BLACK. Because you are using BLACK as your background you can't see it. Sounds funny but its true!

Let me know,

Steve

thanks steve,

lol,

cheers
Glen

chart MACCI 10min.JPG

thanks steve,

lol,

cheers
Glen

View attachment 32336

give up, been trying for the last hour or so to show Frank's entries/exits on TS charts, the times on the TS INDU or AAPL charts don't line up for monday, there both ment to be 10min bars but one got 38bars on monday other got 18bars on monday

Doh, doh, dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:(

give up.JPG

Is this because you have the bar spacing set differently and also one looks like it is in exchange time and the other in local time ?

Paul

give up, been trying for the last hour or so to show Frank's entries/exits on TS charts, the times on the TS INDU or AAPL charts don't line up for monday, there both ment to be 10min bars but one got 38bars on monday other got 18bars on monday

Doh, doh, dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:(

View attachment 32343

Glen
Looks like you have your market session opening times set incorrectly for AAPL.
Glenn

Is this because you have the bar spacing set differently and also one looks like it is in exchange time and the other in local time ?

Paul

no, not sure paul, both set to local time, both set to 10min bars

INDU got 38bars for Monday
AAPL got 18bars for Monday

cann't make head nor tail of it, must be something simple!

Bar spacing is not the same as bar interval which you have said is 10 min, I also think that it is worth checking what Glenn has suggested.

Paul

Glen
Looks like you have your market session opening times set incorrectly for AAPL.
Glenn

hi Glenn

found the sessions stuff

what you think?

thansk
glen

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• AAPL.JPG
    AAPL.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 16
Bar spacing is not the same as bar interval which you have said is 10 min, I also think that it is worth checking what Glenn has suggested.

Paul

sorry paul pick you up wrong

where do you find bar intervals?

ta
glen

sorry Frank,

i'm going off on one on your thread.

but i thought compared to some of the other rubbish posted earlier you wouldn't mind. (and that was just my posts;)

please keep it going
many thanks
glen

Glen,

It is bar spacing that looks wrong to me. Go to Format Window and then select properties and make sure that both symbols are set to the same spacing. It may not be this but it just looked wrong to me earlier.

Paul

Attachments

• bs.gif
    bs.gif
    20.3 KB · Views: 10
hi Glenn

found the sessions stuff

what you think?

thansk
glen

[/ATTACH]

Hi Glen

They look ok.
Is there a possibilty that your AAPL data was interrupted by some action you took ?
Have a look at the AAPL data in Globalserver using Edit Symbol - Edit Data - Load data, and if necessary compare it with other symbol data. i.e. is all the data there for the whole session on the 7th ?

Glenn

thanks gents,

not at my desk tonight, have to go out (boooo!)

will check out your suggestions later / tommorrow & let you know.

thanks for the input
Glen

Glen,

It is bar spacing that looks wrong to me. Go to Format Window and then select properties and make sure that both symbols are set to the same spacing. It may not be this but it just looked wrong to me earlier.

Paul

have now got this set correctly

thanks
glen

Hi Glen

They look ok.
Is there a possibilty that your AAPL data was interrupted by some action you took ?
Have a look at the AAPL data in Globalserver using Edit Symbol - Edit Data - Load data, and if necessary compare it with other symbol data. i.e. is all the data there for the whole session on the 7th ?

Glenn

yes, the data doesn't seem to line up correctly at the open?:eek:

AAPL data 7th Jan 2007.JPG

Indu data 7th Jan 2007.JPG