Technical Trading - my 2 cents !!!!

An additional point, is that you should be using Daytrading only as a means to cover any 'shortfalls', on your Swing's P/L. So, if your Swing's are down, say $300, on the day, then you Daytrade to make that up, so that, when your Swings do go your way, it is all bankable.
You may have given the impression that daytrading is a quicker, simpler, easier way to make money trading than swing trading. I don't have a view either way, but I'm not sure you don't.

Glen, if I offered you a 90% W:L system, for free, would you take it? Or would you really want to graft one yourself?

would depend on what a win was worth and what a loss would cost

My point being, there's never, ever, any sense to turning down a free lunch. And yes, they are more often than not, quite free.

Whether you have one or not, is what drives you.

not sure what your saying here?

ta
glen

would depend on what a win was worth and what a loss would cost
Assume a win is AT LEAST the same as a loss...

not sure what your saying here?
I'm saying, there are no gold stars for doing what's already been done. The sense in taking something that works, and that makes money, overrides any individual need to 'prove' oneself or do the hard yards, for the sake of it.

The hard yards are for things for which solutions haven't yet been found....

There's no majesty in doing it with enormous effort, after it's already been done.

If grey1 (or any1) offered it to you on a plate, you'd be a highly suspect individual if you didn't take it - and move on.

Assume a win is AT LEAST the same as a loss...

i would forward test it, try to understand it, and if ok with this, trade it. that said do you know of any, are you willing to share?

I'm saying, there are no gold stars for doing what's already been done. The sense in taking something that works, and that makes money, overrides any individual need to 'prove' oneself or do the hard yards, for the sake of it.

i agree, but i would like to understand the 'why it happens' rather than just saying it happens, or else how can you adapt if market changes and there's no Grey1 to help?

The hard yards are for things for which solutions haven't yet been found....

There's no majesty in doing it with enormous effort, after it's already been done.

If grey1 (or any1) offered it to you on a plate, you'd be a highly suspect individual if you didn't take it - and move on.

are you speaking from experience have you had success with Greys strats?

great thanks Frank thats exactly as i understood it, one further question if possible?

how did you determine those times on todays dow? im assuming they come from the cci, however i have a slightly different timings....were you looking at shorts at these times.

also always dangerous but i am assuming these are uk times?

thanks bd.

Sure bd, glad to help.

Yes, the MACCI, on the 10 minutes $INDU, the reading at 15.20 was about 45, and at 17.00 about 100, as I said the 17.00 is better, nice and overbought, the 15.20 reading is more aggressive. With the MACCI overbought we are looking for the market to pull down, so a good time to 'get short'.

UK times yes.

Regards,
Frank.

You may have given the impression that daytrading is a quicker, simpler, easier way to make money trading than swing trading. I don't have a view either way, but I'm not sure you don't.

Hi Tony,

Yes, good point indeed. I did not intend to give this impression.

My view, FWIW, is that actually Swing Trading is a more efficient, less stressful and potentially more lucrative way to trade than Daytrading. However, as I said, I do love to Scalp, myself, and of course, everyone to their 'own'.

Regards,
Frank.

My view, FWIW, is that actually Swing Trading is a more efficient, less stressful and potentially more lucrative way to trade than Daytrading. However, as I said, I do love to Scalp, myself, and of course, everyone to their 'own'.
Seems you've addressed the issue, which is a personal one for each and every trader, of what TF to trade. Swing makes more financial sense for you, but scalping is why you came to trading in the first place perhaps? Being able to handle both is useful.

Money is one thing, but it's not the ONLY attraction of trading. I think that's where a lot of folk get caught out, they trade the wrong TF for the right reasons.

Glen,

Have you got INDU working since I sent you the data ?

Paul

hi Paul,

many thanks for this, yes i've got it running now, need to play about with it tho

cheers
Glen

INDU.JPG

Hi All,

I started this thread with a view to sharing and hopefully persuading those who frequent and are interested in Technical Trading, that, this is indeed a viable and rewarding strategy, that 'you' can trade with. Hopefully, I have achieved some, and judging by some of the pm's I have received, this seems to be the case.

As of the close of today, I have now 60% of my losses from 2007 regained, and all in a couple of weeks. Of course, I am deeply grateful to Iraj, however, he would want my point to be that Technical Trading works, it really does. Although the majority of my gains have come from Swing Trading, yesterday I scalped $1.5 from AAPL and on Friday last I took $3 from RIMM, slightly different style, but, Top Down approach, as always.......so technically right, technically right !

You must trade off the $INDU MACCI.

Thank you.

I scalped $1.5 from AAPL and on Friday last I took $3 from RIMM, slightly different style, but, Top Down approach, as always.......so technically right, technically right !

Thank you.

can you post a chart (or entry exit times/prices) on your scalps on AAPL or RIMM

INDU MACCI didn't give great entry tonight (not sure if i'm using it right tho)

cheers
Glen

Hi All,

I started this thread with a view to sharing and hopefully persuading those who frequent and are interested in Technical Trading, that, this is indeed a viable and rewarding strategy, that 'you' can trade with. Hopefully, I have achieved some, and judging by some of the pm's I have received, this seems to be the case.

As of the close of today, I have now 60% of my losses from 2007 regained, and all in a couple of weeks. Of course, I am deeply grateful to Iraj, however, he would want my point to be that Technical Trading works, it really does. Although the majority of my gains have come from Swing Trading, yesterday I scalped $1.5 from AAPL and on Friday last I took $3 from RIMM, slightly different style, but, Top Down approach, as always.......so technically right, technically right !

Thank you.

hi,

would you mind going through the way you pick your swing trading set-ups, i know its already been explained but im a little confused as i know true swing trading ranges from days to weeks, but i think you mentioned somewhere that you close them intraday?

would you mind clarifying and just explain to me exactly how you choose your swing set-ups. Is the 3 macci's still used?, if so the same timeframes?, how will you personally tell if a stock is weak or strong against the overall market index? or will you just rely on grey's list always?, also in what way are you using the vwap at the moment if you are?....................thankyou very much if you can help.

jason

can you post a chart (or entry exit times/prices) on your scalps on AAPL or RIMM

INDU MACCI didn't give great entry tonight (not sure if i'm using it right tho)

cheers
Glen

Hi Glen,

Sure, my AAPL scalp of $1.5, was on Monday. I took the trade at 16.51, Short, at a price of 179.73 and closed at 178.14 at 17.23. You can see that I left $2 on the table, but, the 10 minute $INDU MACCI flattened earlier than I had thought. But, these things happen. The key thing was, the trade was positive very quick, and I had a Breakeven stop in place within a minute.

Not sure what you mean about the $INDU MACCI 'tonight', as there was a couple of great entries on the 10 minutes, look at the 19.40 time for example.

Hope this helps.
Frank.

hi,

would you mind going through the way you pick your swing trading set-ups, i know its already been explained but im a little confused as i know true swing trading ranges from days to weeks, but i think you mentioned somewhere that you close them intraday?

would you mind clarifying and just explain to me exactly how you choose your swing set-ups. Is the 3 macci's still used?, if so the same timeframes?, how will you personally tell if a stock is weak or strong against the overall market index? or will you just rely on grey's list always?, also in what way are you using the vwap at the moment if you are?....................thankyou very much if you can help.

jason

Hi Jason,

I don't mean to be rude to you, but, to be fair, you have already said that you are finished on this thread (and my understanding with TT also). Therefore, I am confused as to why you are now back asking more questions, and only a couple of day's after making those statements. Additionally, in reading your questons above, it strikes me how little you have tried to grasp what has been said already.

That been my summation and because you wrote that you were having success using 'other' strategies, which I am pleased to hear, I am not going to answer.

I do hope this action does'nt result in a negative response from you. I really want to keep this thread clean.

Thanks,
Frank.

Hi Jason,

I don't mean to be rude to you, but, to be fair, you have already said that you are finished on this thread (and my understanding with TT also). Therefore, I am confused as to why you are now back asking more questions, and only a couple of day's after making those statements. Additionally, in reading your questons above, it strikes me how little you have tried to grasp what has been said already.

That been my summation and because you wrote that you were having success using 'other' strategies, which I am pleased to hear, I am not going to answer.

I do hope this action does'nt result in a negative response from you. I really want to keep this thread clean.

Thanks,
Frank.

thats fair enough, but i was making fair statements and being real, that is what forums are about if you don't know, listening and debating opinions and theory's, well i won't change who i am so fair enough if that is what you feel...................but you are just doing what grey is has done to me now, you are avoiding my questions and i never once was rude to him, infact i tried like you lot to **** lick him, grey never has time for me, maybe because i ask silly questions but how we can we learn if we can not ask the silly questions, by the way i deleted that post as i was upset at that time with someone who mentioned 'being spoonfed', i retracted it because i realised i still want to learn and that i just got to ignore snob comments otherwise im being as sad as they are, and that is now what im doing....................Grey started all this TT forum remember, he is responsible for it, and all i said was that no-one is getting the same results as him, why do you people have to be so snobish.............whats wrong with you, just because im no **** licker, you want to now ignore me, o my god how old are you????

I never wanted to say this before because i truely don't want to get banned and would be gutted if i did, but i can have an opinion you know and you can't take that away from me....................grey has got my respect because you has increase the speed of my learning curve by adding so much knowledge to the site and i now actually use some of his tools like the macci, and his money management thoerys with atr on my own systems, so thankyou for that as you have truely helped me............but he has lost my respect in other ways as he chooses to play god on who gets his mentoring, most of us can say we are struggling traders who need help, i have a wife 3 kids, a morgage if you want a sob story.....has he choose to help me, not one inch has he...............i know he can't help everyone but to be arrogent the way he is and not responding to pm's and questions, i find it rude when clearly he helps out others..............This may not be happening but ive seen it before, grey is obviously a millionaire by now with the money he is making everyday, im not saying this has happened but it could have gone to his head and maybe he has forgotten who he really is now...........he should think back to why he started this whole thread, he truely wanted to help people, yes maybe some people like me can truely not be helped, but thats not fair to make that assumption because of my comments....im just telling it the way i see it thats all............i never wanted to say all this but you acting like such a kid, what the hell with it.

jason

Hi Glen,

Sure, my AAPL scalp of $1.5, was on Monday. I took the trade at 16.51, Short, at a price of 179.73 and closed at 178.14 at 17.23. You can see that I left $2 on the table, but, the 10 minute $INDU MACCI flattened earlier than I had thought. But, these things happen. The key thing was, the trade was positive very quick, and I had a Breakeven stop in place within a minute..

thanks for this Frank,

I'll try and post a chart of this tonight along with and MACCi chart of the INDU to try and understand it better.

Grey said that you were in and out of RIMM 11times one day with only one loss, I'd like to here more about this, if you've time

ta

Not sure what you mean about the $INDU MACCI 'tonight', as there was a couple of great entries on the 10 minutes, look at the 19.40 time for example.

Hope this helps.
Frank.

need to look at this, i'm not sure i've it set up correctly yet in TS

ta
glen

thats fair enough, but i was making fair statements and being real, that is what forums are about if you don't know, listening and debating opinions and theory's, well i won't change who i am so fair enough if that is what you feel...................but you are just doing what grey is has done to me now, you are avoiding my questions and i never once was rude to him, infact i tried like you lot to **** lick him, grey never has time for me, maybe because i ask silly questions but how we can we learn if we can not ask the silly questions, by the way i deleted that post as i was upset at that time with someone who mentioned 'being spoonfed', i retracted it because i realised i still want to learn and that i just got to ignore snob comments otherwise im being as sad as they are, and that is now what im doing....................Grey started all this TT forum remember, he is responsible for it, and all i said was that no-one is getting the same results as him, why do you people have to be so snobish.............whats wrong with you, just because im no **** licker, you want to now ignore me, o my god how old are you????

I never wanted to say this before because i truely don't want to get banned and would be gutted if i did, but i can have an opinion you know and you can't take that away from me....................grey has got my respect because you has increase the speed of my learning curve by adding so much knowledge to the site and i now actually use some of his tools like the macci, and his money management thoerys with atr on my own systems, so thankyou for that as you have truely helped me............but he has lost my respect in other ways as he chooses to play god on who gets his mentoring, most of us can say we are struggling traders who need help, i have a wife 3 kids, a morgage if you want a sob story.....has he choose to help me, not one inch has he...............i know he can't help everyone but to be arrogent the way he is and not responding to pm's and questions, i find it rude when clearly he helps out others..............This may not be happening but ive seen it before, grey is obviously a millionaire by now with the money he is making everyday, im not saying this has happened but it could have gone to his head and maybe he has forgotten who he really is now...........he should think back to why he started this whole thread, he truely wanted to help people, yes maybe some people like me can truely not be helped, but thats not fair to make that assumption because of my comments....im just telling it the way i see it thats all............i never wanted to say all this but you acting like such a kid, what the hell with it.

jason
Jayjay

I have replied to all and i mean all your Pms within Max 48 hours and some straight away . Some of the post I no longer reply because there are already on the BB and traders should only search for it .

I have refused many many 1-2-1 one day mentoring for a GOOD FEE simply because I KNOW for fact 1 day is not enough to turn around ones trading skill in such a short time . I prefer to take on people for FREE at no cost to them but doing it through a period of 2weeks so I am 100% sure the student has grasped the techniques practically with money on line .

I also suffer from acute GOUT which stops me from sitting in front of PC which only restricts me from mentoring more traders. I have had to cancel 2 seminars last year because on the day I could not stand on my feet let alone walking so you can imagine how bad the pain was.

I wont ban you from the BB because you are here to learn and I am prepared to be called all names you wish but still NO BAN from TT.

As soon as VEGAS or FIBBO are happy to drop out from the mentoring I like to mentor RAJIBE and BRAMBLE in turn as these guys been in queue for a long time .

Grey1

Jayjay

I have replied to all and i mean all your Pms within Max 48 hours and some straight away . Some of the post I no longer reply because there are already on the BB and traders should only search for it .

I have refused many many 1-2-1 one day mentoring for a GOOD FEE simply because I KNOW for fact 1 day is not enough to turn around ones trading skill in such a short time . I prefer to take on people for FREE at no cost to them but doing it through a period of 2weeks so I am 100% sure the student has grasped the techniques practically with money on line .

I also suffer from acute GOUT which stops me from sitting in front of PC which only restricts me from mentoring more traders. I have had to cancel 2 seminars last year because on the day I could not stand on my feet let alone walking so you can imagine how bad the pain was.

I wont ban you from the BB because you are here to learn and I am prepared to be called all names you wish but still NO BAN from TT.

As soon as VEGAS or FIBBO are happy to drop out from the mentoring I like to mentor RAJIBE and BRAMBLE in turn as these guys been in queue for a long time .

Grey1

great your giving more guys the oppotunity, and if my posts have highlighted this then im very happy...........this is my whole point, more people who can learn it, then do it for real, then equals more help on the forums, un-less they choose to act like a spoilt child that is........................... thankyou and very sorry for your pain, my dad too suffers from this very badly so i do understand, sorry to you personally for any offence, i don't like false people in life and prefer to be real, just the way i am................ ill continue to ask silly questions untill i understand them and not really caring what people think..............because intellect never made the trader in my view.

jason

great your giving more guys the oppotunity, and if my posts have highlighted this then im very happy...........this is my whole point, more people who can learn it, then do it for real, then equals more help on the forums, un-less they choose to act like a spoilt child that is........................... thankyou and very sorry for your pain, my dad too suffers from this very badly so i do understand, sorry to you personally for any offence, i don't like false people in life and prefer to be real, just the way i am................ ill continue to ask silly questions untill i understand them and not really caring what people think..............because intellect never made the trader in my view.

jason

Hi Jason,

I assume you are calling me now a 'spoilt child'. Well, okay, that is fine and of course, your opinion. There is no point in arguing.

Can we please now stop this. I really don't have the inclination in arguing via posts.

I am very frustrated, disappointed and sad that this thread has now gone down this road, I am sure you will have more to say.

I truely have tried my best.

Thank you.