T2W Forex Contest - Nov 2011, Win *another* Kindle Fire!

How can we see who is leading the comp atm ? Is there a link to see the competition entrants?

Check back in the next day or two and we'll have a new section of the website live where you can monitor the progress more easily.

Sharky. Been trying to get in the festive fun with this compo thing.Just noticed that the prices are at least 20 pips adrift at the moment,Is this often the case or will I get the correct price if I take the trade.no wonder some of the guys do so well

flash, what feed you using to compare price? last i saw theirs was fxcm, and as far as i can tell there's only a fraction difference in it, with forexdesk prices lagging ever so slightly, you're watching sb prices yes?

it seems ok now,but was lagging for about10 mins,but all trades were not executed,just a glitch i guess. I use esignal and gft

i guess i was a bit late on to see it, the only reason i mentioned sb was when i first used fxdesk i tried sb charts, all sorts of strange price mismatches, so now use fxcm. haven't seen any price mismatches since, though having said that i haven't comped for a while now.

I've got my forex account open and use the chart from that before i go onto ForexDesk, barely no difference IMO.

I seem to have loads of troubles closing/opening trades... it isn't 1 click trading thats for sure :D

I have to constantly watch to make sure that trades open and close. They do the processing yellow box thingy then do not close, even after a refresh... It is a little frustating it takes so long... Maybe look at different platform next time ? Oanda has a very good competition platform (I am not affiliated in anyway - just super simple setup)
BTW the competition is great and doesn't distract from the effort put in by T2W

I understand the Kindle Fire does not have a release date for the UK due to various problems with Cloud, downloading/streaming, privacy etc. So the winners may be in for a long wait.

I understand the Kindle Fire does not have a release date for the UK due to various problems with Cloud, downloading/streaming, privacy etc. So the winners may be in for a long wait.

Who cares whether it works as long as you can impress poeple by sayiing you have one.:)

Sharky. Been trying to get in the festive fun with this compo thing.Just noticed that the prices are at least 20 pips adrift at the moment,Is this often the case or will I get the correct price if I take the trade.no wonder some of the guys do so well

We're currently using a live feed from FXCM - the prices should be identical to what you'd get if you were trading live.

flash, what feed you using to compare price? last i saw theirs was fxcm, and as far as i can tell there's only a fraction difference in it, with forexdesk prices lagging ever so slightly, you're watching sb prices yes?

Actually the prices should be identical, with perhaps a delay measured in milliseconds to account for the additional step of trading via our platform, rather than direct with FXCM.

it seems ok now,but was lagging for about10 mins,but all trades were not executed,just a glitch i guess. I use esignal and gft

There's was a problem towards end of last week, with the site running slowly, pages taking a while to load. We fixed that end of last week, so now everything should be speedy again. If a trade isn't executed it can sometimes be because of lack of margin, your activity feed will report it, if that's the case.

I seem to have loads of troubles closing/opening trades... it isn't 1 click trading thats for sure :D

I have to constantly watch to make sure that trades open and close. They do the processing yellow box thingy then do not close, even after a refresh... It is a little frustating it takes so long... Maybe look at different platform next time ? Oanda has a very good competition platform (I am not affiliated in anyway - just super simple setup)
BTW the competition is great and doesn't distract from the effort put in by T2W

Littleluca, thanks for the feedback. The performance issues from last week should be resolved now so let me know if you're still having problems.

Here's what Amazon had to say about using the Kindle Fire in Europe (basically the device will work mostly, but some things won't be available until it official launches elsewhere):

Hello,

I see that you've written to us about seven issues. I'll do my best to provide a thorough answer to each of your inquiries in this message.

1. Using Kindle Fire in Europe:

Currently Kindle Fire can be shipped only to US customers but after purchasing it in US you can use it in Europe.

2. Regarding downloading apps:

Yes, you can use all the apps you've downloaded while in Us but you cannot download apps while you are in Europe.

3. Accessing books:

Yes, you can access all the books.

4. Using web browser and email interface:

Yes, you can use the web browser and email interface as long as your device is connected to wifi.

5. Purchasing books:

Yes, you can purchase and download books successfully while you are in Europe.

6. Using movies or TV features.

I'm sorry you cannot download movies or use TV features while you are in outside US. "

Who cares whether it works as long as you can impress poeple by sayiing you have one.:)

Too right! :cheesy:

A dedicated T2W Forex Contest section on T2W - we've been promising it for a while and I'm pleased to say it's finally launched. Here's the announcement, but you might be better off just heading over to check it out here:

Forex Contests

seriously? How petty, huh.. Been here since the very first contest,

" Hey GlenGary, Your missing a dash, might want to fix that, Just giving you a heads up"

But Im quick to help everyone that needs help with MT4, but cant get a heads up?

LOL, ok

Marnic beat me to it... yeah, you need to make sure the hash-tag is *exactly* the same, it's the way we automatically match the account name to the contest.

OK, not a problem, i fixed it, even tho, I lost everything, because I couldnt close a trade for the last 24 hours, so took a almost $10,000 loss, when i was finally able to close it this morning, its like the 50th time with this contest, all my big loses, where because FXDesk wouldnt close the trade,

Hey good luck,

Did you report the issue GlenGary? Please make sure you do, otherwise we think everything is working fine. We'll take a look into what happened now. I noticed your Activity page is throwing an error, so definitely seems to be something up.

Ok Sharky, I will do that, and right now, FXdesk isnt taking orders, started about 45 mins ago..

11/14/2011 21:42:28 11/16/2011 06:52:00 EUR/USD Buy 6 1.36293 1.34673 -972.0 -$9,720.00 12.60 MT4