Olympics 2008

Bahhhh anyone see that comp when the brit girl was up against china? 1-o to china in the final few seconds and the brit girl gives her a full on kick to the face ! Hooraaah ! 2 points scored and Britain knocks China out and off to semi's 1-2

BUT oohh no , the brit girl is not given the points...... !!! what sort of a loonie system is that.... ? Corrupt buggers, what about the olympic spirit n all that..

Anyway they did try and protest, but all that was said was, !Chut Up Chut Up!" seems like if you wanna get ahead in Taekwondo you have to get a fat wallet out !baaahh..

Assholes.!

Team GB have done well with the medals though (y) dunno what australia was whinging about stating we only win all the medals that involve SITTING DOWN :LOL:

Yeah I saw that. Not very nice being kicked in the head. :whistling

Important point is though - did they say Chut up, chut up politely or not?

That's the key imo.:cheesy:

On a serious note, in this state of max out technologies I really don't know why we don't have video playbacks for all sports as standard. Football included. :rolleyes:

Bahhhh anyone see that comp when the brit girl was up against china? 1-o to china in the final few seconds and the brit girl gives her a full on kick to the face ! Hooraaah ! 2 points scored and Britain knocks China out and off to semi's 1-2

BUT oohh no , the brit girl is not given the points...... !!! what sort of a loonie system is that.... ? Corrupt buggers, what about the olympic spirit n all that..

Anyway they did try and protest, but all that was said was, !Chut Up Chut Up!" seems like if you wanna get ahead in Taekwondo you have to get a fat wallet out !baaahh..

Assholes.!

Team GB have done well with the medals though (y) dunno what australia was whinging about stating we only win all the medals that involve SITTING DOWN :LOL:

Or how about 360 degrees matrix revolution style cameras if one failes to capture the hit you have another 359 to look at.

Sorry didn't see the kick so I can't give the point to you. Can you imagine referee saying make sure you face my way next time if your want your point.

Does seem pretty pathetic. (n)

LOL Kin ell they have over turned it......... The brit taekwondo girls gonna fight in the semi . the china crowds going bonkers they hate it little china girls been overturned. hooraahhhh....... LOL well done ,,,,

James Degale rocks... :clap:

What was the Cuban trying to do... ???

Gawd knows ! looked like at times they were trying to get a sexy love fest going on the floor! :)

Hoorah, another gold though !

On a serious note, in this state of max out technologies I really don't know why we don't have video playbacks for all sports as standard. Football included. :rolleyes:

Well I had a convo on this the other day. The BBC showed footage of the womens walking event etc. Now the rules clearly state that one foot has to be in contact with the surface at all times , for it to be counted as walk and not run. Now on the power slow mo's the athletes feet at clearly BOTH off the surface at the same time.

This is running, and not walking ! ooops. LOL so and the Beeb went quiet and said, well i dont know what will happen there.... but........ yeeash.. if the cameras are gonna be brought in then wow wa weee.... all events need to go to the BIG BROTHERS eye as clealry they are in violation of the olympic rules and should be punished, stripped of medals and, and...... well, whatever the gov says.....

But its ok, cos as living souls ,we have the right to form contract or not form contract with the GOV. they are just corporate fictitious entities & revenue collectors stealing from the common man. What the...... hmm wrong thread to open up on that..... it just spilt out.

Even the USA is sometimes announce as The Corporation Of The United States Of America. Corporation ? thats a fictitious business entity, and all law is commerce all commerce is contract no contract no case.

none of it applies to living souls. The queen dont have to pay tax, nor do we.

WTF?!?

The bit where London 2012 came into the stadium to receive the flag......... OK I get the idea of the bus and cyclists and dancers and the bus becoming a carnival float.
I even get Beckham (Our highest profile sprts star etc) ...
Of course, Jimmy Page = Legend, and we DO want a Whole Lotta Love in 2012....

But Leona Lewis?!?

Come ON!!! She won some infernal talent show! None of these winners have lasted more than 12 months after their album comes out - nobody's even going to remember who she is come 2012 and here she is representing us in Beijing.

A victory for the chavs?

I thought the whole London presentation thing at the closing ceremony lowered the standard right at the outset.

Now Gordon Brown is saying that we will hold the greatest Rock Concert the world has ever seen in 2012.

The Brits seem to think that everything can be solved by having some crummy rock concert...what a kop out.

Not a good omen for 2012.

I watched the whole thing at the new Redbridge cycle track that was opened by Boris this week.

Redbridge Cycling Centre

There was a big screen and lots of people, music and events.

Inspir8tion family fun day

I felt the double decker was a warm eye catcher and a super icon of London, UK.

In contrast to all the super dressed Chineese display (which was also magnificient and really enjoyed it all) it was a good display of natural London in all it's diversity.

I thought it was very good. (y)

I thought it was very good.

Did you think the Myra Hindley thing was good too ?

I thought the whole thing was embarrassing and tended to portray London as a boring, mundane place.

Each to his own I suppose.

Did you think the Myra Hindley thing was good too ?

I thought the whole thing was embarrassing and tended to portray London as a boring, mundane place.

Each to his own I suppose.

That is puzzling and I do wonder who did that for whatever reason??? (n)

I don't think having 20 - 50 people dressed in Victorian costumes or a procession of Stevens rocket, or Concord in their somewhere would have been appropriate.

It would have looked out of scale on an evening which truly belonged to the Chineese.

I find it difficult to believe how anyone can think of London as a boring place. Far from it. :eek:

Anyway, whilst revelling in the Olympics coming to London - must confess I was against it at the start, I am changing heart about it all...

Our children have come up with the idea that Dr Who and/or Harry Potter could present a little bit of the history of the land by travelling in time.

Theme should be about young people, sport and the world - Sebastian Coe, said and I can see how it can be quite a show. (y)

I think and hope others will get on the boat and make the most of it.

Let's do this! and Do it right! (y)

Last edited:
China's opening and closing were nothing short of epic.

We had Boris looking confused and embarresed and Beckham kicking a ball into the crowd followed by a poor rendition of Queen and some bird from a TV reality show. Beckham doesn't even live in this country any more does he?

Our most famous international personalities atm consist of Jane Goody, Gary Glitter, Posh spice and Simon Cowell! Only 2 live in the UK ffs!

I think the best thing we could do is something along the lines of our history as anything in the last century (bar comedy and music) is nothing to base an olympics around!

How about a version of the national anthem sung by Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty!

0,1020,1280530,00.jpg

0,1020,1280536,00.jpg

0,1020,1280556,00.jpg

0,1020,1280561,00.jpg

0,1020,1280566,00.jpg

0,1020,1280591,00.jpg

0,1020,1280541,00.jpg

0,1020,1280593,00.jpg

0,1020,1280600,00.jpg

0,1020,1280618,00.jpg

0,1020,1280631,00.jpg

0,1020,1280696,00.jpg

0,1020,1280702,00.jpg

0,1020,1280712,00.jpg

0,1020,1280717,00.jpg

0,1020,1280724,00.jpg

0,1020,1280729,00.jpg

0,1020,1280733,00.jpg

0,1020,1280737,00.jpg

0,1020,1280753,00.jpg

0,1020,1280822,00.jpg

SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten

BSD. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post those fantastic pictures on here.

I didn't see much of the games... Didn't want to.
Am dreading the English bash though. It is going to be embarrassing. You just know it.
Is it another way to keep the masses occupied for a few months in the hope that they forget about unemployment and taxes for a while?

Yep. It will bring a 'few' jobs to the area... But so did the 'Dome'.

One of the reasons the Chinese excelled at the ceremonies is because they have a sense of pride. Something the English are not allowed to have anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSD
Pleasure Options :)

I think you Brits will do a great job too, obviously different as a democracy and all, but probably just as entertaining in a witty way, dash of irony and humour added in, sort of like your part in the finals yesterday which I actually thought was great, the red bus, the jab at the weather hehe, all good, being enteratining while not taking oneself too seriously which is simply a bit of a bore for onlookers is what does the trick.

Btw, I don't know anybody who doesn't love London, me included, that is just one great and enormously entertaining city, the person who doesn't manage to have a super time there should probably go breathe at a mirror to check if they're still alive.

;-)

China's opening and closing were nothing short of epic.

We had Boris looking confused and embarresed and Beckham kicking a ball into the crowd followed by a poor rendition of Queen and some bird from a TV reality show. Beckham doesn't even live in this country any more does he?

Our most famous international personalities atm consist of Jane Goody, Gary Glitter, Posh spice and Simon Cowell! Only 2 live in the UK ffs!

I think the best thing we could do is something along the lines of our history as anything in the last century (bar comedy and music) is nothing to base an olympics around!

the 2012 Olympics should have a Monty Python theme.
THAT would be so quintessentially british.

BSD: great pics. thanks for uploading them.

Pleasure Options :)

Btw, I don't know anybody who doesn't love London, me included, that is just one great and enormously entertaining city, the person who doesn't manage to have a super time there should probably go breathe at a mirror to check if they're still alive.

;-)

Agree. Dr Johnson first said that in the 18th Century: ‘Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.’

- and nothing much has changed in that respect!

Reactions: BSD