Olympics 2008

London will be hard pressed to follow this in 2012.

I suppose we could depict British culture with a mock-up of a couple of pubs with a crowd of chavs brawling outside, having knife fights and shooting each other.

Especially as it is sited in East London.

lighting the Flame was pretty original and cool. Very impressed with the whole thing. Well done, Chairman Mao!

Update V, the spacewalk in 30, 40 metres height that led to the lighting of the torch:

0,1020,1265309,00.jpg

0,1020,1265315,00.jpg

0,1020,1265302,00.jpg

Yeah well done Beijing. I like watching the games & will be having a good fix for the next couple o weeks.

Be cool to see how the swimming records get smashed with those new swimsuits ....

Markus your the master of the pics again mate, pouring on the noise.. cheers

China's calling it the green olympics and well like the tv said they have 16 out of 20 of the worlds most polluted cities.... er, so they have got some work to do yet.

Hope the olympic spirit lives on after the event too, I mean how can people forget it so quick ? Anyhow good stuff......

16 golds for UK I'm going for !

Reactions: BSD
Excellent pictures BSD.

Will Michael Phelps wins more than 7 medals? That would be super achievements. One person to wins more Gold medals than half of all countries competing. Incredible.

I suppose we could depict British culture with a mock-up of a couple of pubs with a crowd of chavs brawling outside, having knife fights and shooting each other.

Also -

Car theft mock up scenarios -
Hot-wiring
GPS stealing
Stereo stealing
Ram-raiding

Happy slapping

General muggings

Road rage

Still I'm sure these problems exist the world over.

lighting the Flame was pretty original and cool. Very impressed with the whole thing. Well done, Chairman Mao!

Yep, China really show the rest of the world how it should be done!

Perhaps the world needs to learn from China and adopt all of the big brother policies that China has been so innovative in introducing.

The "dope free" olympics, a wonderful celebration of sporting entertainment, achievement and success. :cool: How many times in the opening ceremony did they have to mention "dope free".:rolleyes:. Sportsmanship my a**!

Personally, i don't think China should have been allowed the games in the first place, duue to their awful human rights record.
Also, think about the 300,000 Beijing residents who were evicted from their homes in order to build the multi-billion $ venues for this 16 day event :cool:. All in the name of an international celebration of "dope free" :?::cool: sporting achievement!

Still, it was a good day to bury bad news. Just look what Russia was getting up to....

Last edited:
Well i went to my local chinese takeaway the other day, and had an interesting 10 minute lecture/chat from/with the Chinese guy running it.
I suggested they might see increased custom in the next few weeks with the Beijing olympics. He said he wasn't interested in watching it at all, as he sees the evil behind it (the govt) who have spent a huge amount of the peoples money on building it, and evicting 300,000 beijing residents.
Now, china is just showing off, being seen in a positive light by the rest of the world for 16 days, then it will be business as usual.

If I know you Brits you'll come up with a super show as well, probably something light and humorous. :)

Take it seriously, but play it lightly kind of thing, eh.

london-2012.gif

You mean something like this... :cheesy:

Reactions: BSD
Please don't mention 2012. I live within sight of the venue for the sailing and I think everybody here is planning to emmigrate for that month. God help the poor folk living nearthe main site in London.

It's nothing more that an exercise in satisfying the vanity of politicians. And we pay for it!

Man..... well done Adlington, women's 400m freestyle....what a race she nicked it from the hoff in the last few strokes...... And the bronze from Jackson... Hmm she could be on for double gold in the 800 metres, couple of days I think..... Funky........
(y)

_44910391_swimgirls416.jpg

Just a little observation, whilst waiting for the anthem i could lip read adlington and she said to her mate... i can't sing I dont know the words......:LOL: still only 19 bet she knows them for 2012 games.. !

Last edited:
Anyone remember the Tiananmen square incident backin 89'?
Nasty stuff I say!

This opening show was very impressive, despite all the negative fascist things that have happened. It seems like a big show of chinese power to the world. I hope the country will someday turn around.

Nice :) those china ladies are very good looking!

Guys, what do they do with the "nest" when it's all over?
I'm sure the merchandise will nearly pay for it all.

Well, maybe they could work with england's great culinary and sporting traditions.
You know, Geoffrey Boycott leaping out of a giant yorkshire pudding, while prince charles has a nice toad in the hole while doing the highland fling and shooting a stag, all at the same time.

Maybe some oxford rowers, in period dress, hazing some unfortunate undergrads with bizarre sex/drinking games while laughing haughtily & sculling warm beer.

Ooh, i know , a re-enactment of princess diana's-wait that would be in awfully bad taste.
Hmm, gee-this is going nowhere fast:cheesy:

I think life insurance premiums on that Columbian 62 Kg class weight lifter, have just gone through the roof.!

How bizarre opening lift of the comp. and his hand right kept slipping off the bar... he's out and going home with no lifts.

Unless theres some dodgy betting syndicates in op. laying him ? :)

London Olympics 2012

London (Stratford) will be hosting the Olympic Games in 2012.

What you may not know is that many of the famous events, which go to make up this spectacular event, are to be especially altered for 2012. A copy of these changes has been leaked, and is reproduced below:

OPENING CEREMONY

The flame will be ignited by a petrol bomb thrown by a native of the area in the traditional dress of balaclava and shell suit. The flame will be contained in a large overturned police van situated on the roof of the stadium.

THE EVENTS

In previous Olympic Games, East London's competitors have not been particularly successful. In order to redress the balance, some of the events have been altered slightly to the advantage of local athletes.

100 METRES SPRINT

Competitors will have to hold a DVD player and microwave oven (one in each arm) and on the sound of the starting pistol, a police dog will be released from a cage 10 yards behind the athletes.

110 METRES HURDLES

As above but with added obstacles (i.e. car bonnets, hedges, garden fences, walls etc)

HAMMER

Competitors in this event may choose the type of hammer they wish to use (claw, sledge etc) the winner will be the one who can cause the most physical damage within three attempts.

FENCING

Entrants will be asked to dispose of as many stolen goods as possible in 5 minutes.

SHOOTING

A strong challenge is expected from local men in this event. The first target will be a moving police van. In the second round, competitors will aim at a post office clerk, bank teller or Securicor-style wages deliveryman. The traditional .22 rifle has been replaced in this event by a choice of either a Browning automatic handgun or sawn-off 12-bore shotgun.

BOXING

Entry to the boxing will be restricted to husband and wife teams, and will take place on a Friday night. The husband will be given 15 pints of lager while the wife will be told not to make him any tea when he gets home. The bout will then commence.

CYCLING TIME TRIALS

Competitors will be asked to break into the University bike shed and take an expensive mountain bike owned by some mummy's boy on his first trip away from home. All against the clock.

CYCLING PURSUIT

As above, but the bike will be owned by a visiting member of the Australian rugby team, who will witness the theft.

MODERN PENTATHLON

Amended to include mugging, breaking and entering, flashing, joyriding and arson.

SWIMMING EVENTS

All waterways are currently being tested for toxicity levels, once one is found that can support human life, swimming events will be organised, please note that the Synchronised Swimming event for this year will comprise of dropping acid and watching all the funky ripples on the pool, the specific musical support to this event will be provided by "The Verve."

THE MARATHON

A safe route has yet to be decided.

MEN'S 50KM WALK

Unfortunately this will have to be cancelled as the police cannot guarantee the safety of anyone walking the streets of East London, especially anyone that appears to be... mincing

THE CLOSING CEREMONY

Entertainment will include formation rave dancing by members of the Stratford Health in the Community anti-drug campaigners, synchronised rock throwing, and music by the Ilford community choir. The flame will be extinguished by police riot water cannon following the inevitable pitch invasion by confused West Ham organised hooliganism club. The stadium itself will then be boarded up before the local athletes break into it and remove all the copper piping and the central heating boiler

womens taekwondo BRITISH athlete snubbed by corrupt judges

Bahhhh anyone see that comp when the brit girl was up against china? 1-o to china in the final few seconds and the brit girl gives her a full on kick to the face ! Hooraaah ! 2 points scored and Britain knocks China out and off to semi's 1-2

BUT oohh no , the brit girl is not given the points...... !!! what sort of a loonie system is that.... ? Corrupt buggers, what about the olympic spirit n all that..

Anyway they did try and protest, but all that was said was, !Chut Up Chut Up!" seems like if you wanna get ahead in Taekwondo you have to get a fat wallet out !baaahh..

Assholes.!

Team GB have done well with the medals though (y) dunno what australia was whinging about stating we only win all the medals that involve SITTING DOWN :LOL: