Louise Woof

Hi,
Am actually ' testing ' these 2 manuals for firm called 'What makes....' .and so far over 4 weeks my opinion is there is ' free ' material on here which is far better than these manuals.My view :AVIOD.

i know nothing

I would be happy to hear from anyone with some real advice

I've been a subscriber to some of Nick Laight's newsletters, for many years, and have found him to be thoroughly reputable and honest. Hence, I decided to buy Louise Woof's "Foolproof Earlybird System, safe in the knowledge that his company, Canonbury Publishing always honour their refund guarantees. Therefore, I had nothing to lose by examining the system.

In a nutshell, using it will vastly increase your experience of making losing trades. I paper traded and back tested it. It's a dog (no pun intended)!!!

Not worth the paper it's written on.

In a nutshell, using it will vastly increase your experience of making losing trades

:) LOL, I don't know if this was intended as being funny but it certainly was.

Paul

I've been a subscriber to some of Nick Laight's newsletters, for many years, and have found him to be thoroughly reputable and honest. Hence, I decided to buy Louise Woof's "Foolproof Earlybird System, safe in the knowledge that his company, Canonbury Publishing always honour their refund guarantees. Therefore, I had nothing to lose by examining the system.

In a nutshell, using it will vastly increase your experience of making losing trades. I paper traded and back tested it. It's a dog (no pun intended)!!!

Not worth the paper it's written on.
I tried it also and I must agree with your assessment. I sent it back for a full refund also..

Do you have any view on the Ultimate FX Predictor which is also being pushed by Canonbury Publications please?

yes the UFXPREDICTOR........mr frazier has just left the building!!Am just about to send off for it in a brown envelope with used notes.....will let you know.

In my experience too, Nick Laight is OK. However, I think that he may have made an error of judgement with regard to LW.

In my experience too, Nick Laight is OK. However, I think that he may have made an error of judgement with regard to LW.

He certainly has. Unfortunately, not for the first time.

He was promoting a forex training package, a couple of years ago, by an alleged market insider called Andy X. It was promoted as a "how to rob banks legally" method but, contained nothing more than the basics of trading any market (the price was £2k). Not bad for something that you can get, for free, from many sites and forums. Apparently, it sold thousands of copies.

He is certainly not ok.

The advertising of the dubious products he promotes is misleading and definitely well O.T.T.

If I were selling a product ( trading system or otherwise ) I would not want this person advertising it.

Talk about snake oil............................

He is certainly not ok.

The advertising of the dubious products he promotes is misleading and definitely well O.T.T.

If I were selling a product ( trading system or otherwise ) I would not want this person advertising it.

Talk about snake oil............................

Yacarob. Have you ever dealt with Nick Laight or Canonbury Publishing? I suspect not, otherwise you wouldn't be using a term such as "snake oil".

I am quite prepared to slag off a product, if I feel it's justified,that is marketed by Nick Laight & Canonbury. In fact, I've done it on more than one occasion. I've been a subscriber to their newsletters,for years and I've never been refused a refund on any product. In my book, their integrity is unquestionable.

Alan

You have made some valid points and I will respond as follows :_

1. Yes, I have dealt extensively with Canonbury.

2. Yes, their integrity is 100% with regard to refunds if you are not satisfied.

My problem is with their advertising which is very snake-oilish in its style.

I have discovered that there is almost always a large mismatch between the product as advertised and the reality of the product itself.

This can sometimes be attributed to over-zealous advertising but on many occasions I have found that there are blatant untruths in the advertising when compared to what is actually received.

I am never afraid to ask for a refund but I am sure there are people out there who are far too embarrassed to ask for their money back after having been hooked and reeled in, only to receive a product which does not live up to the sales hype.

Maybe this kind of advertising is designed to prey on the psychology of these types of people or maybe I am being overly cynical, who knows ?

But the reality of the situation is that you will always get your money back if you send the product back.

I cannot dispute that at all.

Following up on my post #95, one of the more disturbing things I have discovered is that the developers / inventors of the products are often totally unaware of some of the more outrageous claims made in the sales/advertising letters and are often surprised to receive certain questions relating to those claims made in the adverts.

Alan

You have made some valid points and I will respond as follows :_

1. Yes, I have dealt extensively with Canonbury.

2. Yes, their integrity is 100% with regard to refunds if you are not satisfied.

My problem is with their advertising which is very snake-oilish in its style.

I have discovered that there is almost always a large mismatch between the product as advertised and the reality of the product itself.

This can sometimes be attributed to over-zealous advertising but on many occasions I have found that there are blatant untruths in the advertising when compared to what is actually received.

I am never afraid to ask for a refund but I am sure there are people out there who are far too embarrassed to ask for their money back after having been hooked and reeled in, only to receive a product which does not live up to the sales hype.

Maybe this kind of advertising is designed to prey on the psychology of these types of people or maybe I am being overly cynical, who knows ?

But the reality of the situation is that you will always get your money back if you send the product back.

I cannot dispute that at all.

I pleased to hear that your experience with Canonbury is similar to my own. In your initial post, I got the impression that the "snake oil" was a direct reference to Canonbury as a company.

You know how these marketing strategies work. A lot of newsletters use a marketing method which, I think, is called "back end" marketing. They promote other products to their list of subscribers for a commission on sales generated.

I do agree with you, completely, that the advertised products, in many cases, are over hyped and do not produce the results which are claimed. The Foolproof Early Bird system being a prime example. There is the forthcoming release of the "Insider Code", which, I think, is the rebranded "Insider Signal", originally pumped into the market by the mysterious Andy X. I know this product and will make my comments known as and when it's released.

Don't think I saw this one.

What was this all about ?

alan5616 asked - Are we talking about the upcoming Insider Code?

No, It is a manual called
The Amazing 3 Minute Cash Generator

for nigh on £200.

The mailshot came in one of their e-letter newsletters that anyone can subscribe to for free.

When it was tested half loved it and half hated it -
hence the reference to Marmite -

the e-letter was titled -

Will you accept my marmite challenge?

According to this e-letter, you would be making £25 - £50 per hour playing Baccarat on Betfair.

As regards the Insider Code, I was googling for something a few weeks ago and came across it being pushed by the USA branch of Agora, if I remember correctly.

And my impression was that it was a re hashed version of IS.

:whistling