Having an edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need not throw all your toys out of the pram, because I am only trying to be helpful to you but again it does not land. Nope.

And at this juncture I am wondering whether you deserve that I should bother to reply to you but I will try again, let's see...:rolleyes:

All this stuff you are doing with programming and getting the others to do what you are not prepared to do or do not want to do is not neccessary....

None of this is programmable...none of it.

There is no point in creating programs to try to solve this or that or to try to track or predict in a mechanical mode or whatever.

It all comes from within, and not from without, u c ?

But for it to come from within, you have to isolate yourself and be prepared to do several difficult things you are obviously not willing or it seems unfit to do.:cheesy:

Programming leads to a cul de sac. It just confirms what is intuitively known. But it has to be known first. It has to be worked at for it to become known first, then realised, then accepted and then harmonised and then perfected and then mastered,and then even further.... so there are lots of steps that need to be taken and there are no shortcuts, sorry.

I am not fishing. you do all the fishing you like, with my blessing. I do not need to do any fishing.:rolleyes:

I am already very happy and busy with my wheelbarrow and my rake on a daily basis to even think of having to do any fishing. Actually I would never consent to exchange my wheelbarrow and rake for your fishing rod...:LOL:..ever... You notice I do not ask anybody here any questions, if ever, do you ?

But you, and many like you, respond with rudeness and disrespect when in fact you ought to be doing the opposite, and taking on board valuable gems, that I purposely disguise to make you work for them, to make you earn the right in the process, instead of you retorting inappropriately in the way you habitually do.:LOL:

No doubt you will not understand this, but I cannot make it any simpler.

All of it is obvious, and all of it is screaming at you, but I am not going to bother to even try to explain it to you again.

The previous post was far better ...now I feel you are back to making it up ...do carry on...most entertaining..:LOL: :LOL:

Now I am going to tell all of you something very interesting..

There is a book entitled "The Mechanics of Political Control" written in the seventies you would all do well to read from cover to cover.

In that book is described contemporaneous policies the government of the day excercised to misdirect the public and to generally manipulate the perception of the voting public and the public perception of the government, the civil service, the police, the army and the judiciary, etc.,

In one paragraph there is a statement that stands out.

It refers to the Intelligence Corps and how they operate the public as if they were puppets by maniupulating their perception among other strategies.

It states "....in intelligence parlance.....the best way to hide something is to flaunt it..."

This implies and clearly confirms that no matter how well or clearly a fundamental truth is explained or revealed..if it is in direct contradiction to herd perception..it is always going to be at best...misunderstood...and at worst...not understood at all. Goodnight.

Since you laugh, I am going to make an exception and ask you a question.

The question is "What are you yourself doing here at all ?"

........Now I may not be agreed with or even understood and I am not ignored.

But I get the drift you are not even liked and are distincty ignored, isn't that so ?
Or am I the only member to imagine this ?

An excellent question Bertie which I’ll answer in a moment. Before I do, I should just explain to anyone else who didn’t get it, the reason I was laughing (as you clearly haven't clocked it yourself yet) was that you asked a question in the same sentence as stating you rarely, if ever, ask questions. :LOL: …..it loses a lot when you have to explain it…

The reason I am still here at all Bertie is because I am still learning stuff here. About trading. About people. About Traders. I haven't stopped learning. That probably counts as an edge in its own right in my book. We've had this debate before. Remember me telling you about the dangers of premature closure on anything? Soon as you think you know all there is to know about anything, you stop learning. You can't not do that. And it's never a good idea.

And you make a genuinely interesting point which above all else for me underlines your ultimate intent and purpose here as far as I can see.

SOCRATES said:
“I may not be agreed with or even understood and I am not ignored

…the most important of which is ‘not ignored’ and I can understand that, I think we all can, and which is why I am so gentle with you and pay the compliment and honour of meeting your deepest needs by recognising your existence. If I didn’t you’d shrivel, and when I do, I’m the “thwarted mistress”. LOL. I don’t mind dressing up for you Bertie, I’m more than in touch with my feminine side….

SOCRATES said:
“But I get the drift you are not even liked and are distincty ignored, isn't that so ?
Or am I the only member to imagine this ?”

Dunno ‘bout that Bertie. I’m sure there are some that don’t and some that do and I’d rather have more of the latter than the former for sure, but it’s not going to be life changing either way for me. I’m certainly ignored by some and quite pointedly too and that’s fine – that’s their thing and not mine and none of my business. Again, it’s their reflection onto them of them rather than anything to do with me per se so again. Not an issue either way. I’m just the catalyst.

I’m glad we had this chat. Let's do it again soon.

I can understand you guys want to have a heated debate. that is fine with me.

all i ask is that you guys are civil to each other. just dont lower the level of discussion.
Hats off to jacinto for intelligent moderating. Good man. These things need an airing every now and again (for whatever reason) and letting it run, in a reasonable tone, even if it is a tiny teeny tad off topc, is a good call.

I'm with Albert on this one. Collaboration does not work, experience cannot be transferred.

In addition, the problem with programmers who don't trade, is they lack domain expertise, and unless you are prepared to learn how to communicate on their level (which actually means you need to be at a level far in excess of them technically), there's a very small probability for success.

With respect Zup the programmer does trade....trading is the common bond....the subset skills are the difference..

Transference of knowledge / skills I agree does take an awfully long time...but is eventually achievable none the less...many hundreds of hrs. ( turtles )

What I do with the programmer is a minor part of the methodology...some number crunching and alerts...not much more really.

Cheers cv

Hats off to jacinto for intelligent moderating. Good man. These things need an airing every now and again (for whatever reason) and letting it run, in a reasonable tone, even if it is a tiny teeny tad off topc, is a good call.

thanks tony, but no need to say so. as long as the debate is civil, i wont interfere.

i have to make public my apology to Rols by engaging with him after moderating several pages ago. something that shouldnt have happened.

With respect Zup the programmer does trade....trading is the common bond....the subset skills are the difference..

Transference of knowledge / skills I agree does take an awfully long time...but is eventually achievable none the less...many hundreds of hrs. ( turtles )

What I do with the programmer is a minor part of the methodology...some number crunching and alerts...not much more really.

Cheers cv

:LOL:..turtles...

If so, why am I being subjected to this scrutiny when others aren't?
You're being subjected to scrutiny because you have attempted to set yourself above the rest of the membership without any positive indication of progress from rank beginner to anything more promising. You're being subjected to scrutiny because you are using some of the tricks Bertie uses and you can’t carry it off either. More to the point, you haven't developed anything like the necessary on-line persona to even warrant such an attempt. Your provenance is all too clear and all too recent to have convinced anyone you were capable of making that sort of a jump - a total impossibility. Remember, many of us are actually traders and have a good feel for probabilities in all areas, not just trading. The fact that you have tried is an insult even to the lowest intelligence on these boards (select a member at RANDOM) and is, or should be, an acute embarrassment to you. But we forgive easily, so don’t be disheartened, and Bertie ia a rogue anyway. We all love him really, even though he does mess some people up.

Do you have an open position on GOOGLE yet or are you still clueless as to what is going to happen?
I don’t trade GOOG. If you care to check my analyses I did back then you’ll find all the action on GOOG was and is covered. Hardly clueless. It’s known as covering the range of all possibilities and having an action (or inaction) plan for each. Or sometimes as ‘Knowing all in advance’ – but the sort of ‘knowing’ that real traders have, and need to have, not the sort wannabe mystic trading gurus would like us to believe they have.

:LOL:..turtles...

:rolleyes:

Turtles....not turtles head...are you confused?

I may be wrong...but does mr marcus run a trading business of some sort ?

If he does...do you think he allows his traders to blindly trade at will and random....or do you think he would oversee operations ?

i am sorry, but "what part of CIVIL is it that i need to spell"

you have recieved a warning.

fair play....perhaps...but why should the irony go unoticed? New Trader has joined the "all is known in advance" brigade - and is poking fun at those who clearly know better than him (IMHO). Why is it insulting to remind him that he doesn't earn his crust through the subject he's preaching.

If anyone cares to remind me that I too earn my living, in the main, away from trading - I promise I wont be insulted in the slightest;)

UTB

fair play....perhaps...but why should the irony go unoticed? New Trader has joined the "all is known in advance" brigade - and is poking fun at those who clearly know better than him (IMHO). Why is it insulting to remind him that he doesn't earn his crust through the subject he's preaching.

If anyone cares to remind me that I too earn my living, in the main, away from trading - I promise I wont be insulted in the slightest;)

UTB

it was very noticed and understood, hence the warning

A Lot Of Time & Effort Is Being Wasted On One-up-manship, And Handbags At Dawn On This Thread. I Don't See Much Evidence Of An Edge Anywhere. More Like Chocolate Fire Guards At The Moment........

it was very noticed and understood, hence the warning

my point was that I wouldn't consider that post insulting at all. I can't say the same for some of my other "contributions" mind, but that's another story:LOL:

UTB

There's just SO much here, I simply have to come back for another bite at the cherry...

SOCRATES said:
Before I go to bed...NO..you are not the catalyst, you are the cause.
Bertie, before after or during bed, Rule #1 - Take Responsibility. You feel the way you feel because you choose to allow whatever I or others say or do or don't say or don't do, to have you feel the way you choose to feel. Stop blaming others. You’ll feel a whole lot better and empowerment wont be far behind.

SOCRATES said:
You have caused a lot of aggravation and nuisance in the past.
Only to those that deserve it. If I’ve highlighted your shortcomings that’s only fair. If you ever found any of mine you’d do the same. Mind you, I’d have to invent some first.

The thing is, you’ve done so much to draw negative comment (and I’m not talking about just on these boards, at all really) that it’s inevitable bods are going to find out and challenge you on your motives, your methods, your behaviours and your morals. Inevitable. If not me, it would have been someone else. You just have too many enemies out there for them not to get through to us in here and dish the dirt.

Your attitude and manners on here don’t help. Had you been less of a dick-head (mods: genuine love and affection for Bertie and I only ever use this term with people I love dearly) there would have been more support for you when you came under the occasional attack or two. As it is, you’ve got far fewer friends on here than you could have had you just been the person you could have been. Stop me, I’m getting misty.

A Lot Of Time & Effort Is Being Wasted On One-up-manship, And Handbags At Dawn On This Thread. I Don't See Much Evidence Of An Edge Anywhere. More Like Chocolate Fire Guards At The Moment........

JT, it is not about One-up-manship at all...it's more like....One or Two are up-it manship....without the ship of course.:LOL:

Jacinto,

I think you’re becoming a tad too protective. T2W has never, to my knowledge, descended to the level of other sites and I don’t believe it will. The members here won’t tolerate it.

NT,

“my interest in the site is dissipating”.

I think that’s mutual.

Bramble,

Talking about feminine sides – no, better not, I’ll be banned.

Athenian youth of today, no respect.

Grant.

More to the point, you haven't developed anything like the necessary on-line persona to even warrant such an attempt.

Yes, it's not about whether or not someone can trade. It's all about on-line persona...I can see why you work so hard on that aspect..

Status
Not open for further replies.