Having an edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't get it do you ? Despite me trying this way and that, you still do not get it. Nope.

I will try again.

An Edge is very valuable. In fact it is priceless, when you look out of your window and you see others working very hard digging the road or driving a bus like someone we all know and you pause to reflect you appreciate just how valuable it is.

Now an Edge does not come easily. It is the result of very hard work on several fronts. After this very hard work is done the Edge begins to make itself manifest.

This manifestation is not sudden. It is a gradual process but at a very early stage it reveals itself to be viable and permanent, which is what a permanent Edge is all about.

But the route requires singular application and not collective effort.

This may seem a contradiction to you, but it is the absolute truth.

Now you are trying to achieve the unachievable because you are sharing.

I have told you before and it falls on deaf ears, but it is not achievable via the sharing route. In fact, the curious thng about it is, that it is not shareable once it is attained either.

So it is a chicken and egg situation, and you are going about it the wrong way.

That is why I have told you it is about competing, and about the survival of the fittest, and not about seeking comfort and clubbing together and forming knitting circles in the vain belief that by sharing the task becomes easier.
It doesn't, sorry but it is a cruel fact, it does not. It is you , and you yourself, on your own who may have the potential to develop it, to achieve it and finally to refine it and make it permanent because it is very personal, and make it truly yours, and is therefore not collective, not universal, not cooperative, not mainstream, and ultimately and cruelly, not transferable.

At last you now are talking some sense...very good post indeed...but once again 80% of it is correct but the other 20% is total rubbish and is your slant on what you perceive to be the truth....

so as a favour i've made bold the nonsense bits and corrected them below..

I am sharing nothing....I am collaborating with Two others in order that they can do the things I don't want to do...

It's a complete methodology that requires certain programming functions and I have no intention whatsoever of learning programming....a total waste of my time.... also I have no intention of back testing / forward testing.....again...One of the Three carries out that function.....so this complete nonsense you talk about sharing...sharing what exactly.....some of the testing grind and nerdy bits !!!....no thanks...got better things to do....

Fish all you like...goad all you like....never will you be getting any clues whatsoever as to what I'm doing..

Just thought i'd SHARE that with you :LOL: :LOL:

Reactions: ian
At last you now are talking some sense...very good post indeed...but once again 80% of it is correct but the other 20% is total rubbish and is your slant on what you perceive to be the truth....

I am sharing nothing....I am collaborating with Two others in order that they can do the things I don't want to do...

It's a complete methodology that requires certain programming functions and I have no intention whatsoever of learning programming....a total waste of my time.... also I have no intention of back testing / forward testing.....again...One of the Three carries out that function.....so this complete nonsense you talk about sharing...sharing what exactly.....some of the testing grind and nerdy bits !!!....no thanks...got better things to do....

Fish all you like...goad all you like....never will you be getting any clues whatsoever as to what I'm doing..

There was a time when I only suspected you didn't have a clue but you have now removed all doubt. Perhaps you should focus on things you know about instead, like being the "Class Clown", intentionally or otherwise (as in most cases).

I'm with Albert on this one. Collaboration does not work, experience cannot be transferred.

In addition, the problem with programmers who don't trade, is they lack domain expertise, and unless you are prepared to learn how to communicate on their level (which actually means you need to be at a level far in excess of them technically), there's a very small probability for success.

Bramble,

I have not "fallen under his spell" nor am I one of the lucky ones. I have tried to explain it many times but people either refuse to understand or my explanations are inadequate. I have worked relentlessly, tirelessly, assiduously and on many occasions, disastrously to arrive at where I am now. SOCRATES is right in everything he says. I have proven it to myself, repeatedly. I have given up trying to convince anyone else of this fact. People can either choose to languish in mediocrity or transcend it. I was determined to transcend it.
That's excellent news.

So you're now trading full time, consistently profitably with a permanent edge that you've developed based on this members posts? That's genuinely good news and I'm happy for you.

So, why are you still here? Why is he still here? I don't just mean on this thread, I mean on these boards at all.

You need not throw all your toys out of the pram, because I am only trying to be helpful to you but again it does not land. Nope.

And at this juncture I am wondering whether you deserve that I should bother to reply to you but I will try again, let's see...:rolleyes:

All this stuff you are doing with programming and getting the others to do what you are not prepared to do or do not want to do is not neccessary....

None of this is programmable...none of it.

There is no point in creating programs to try to solve this or that or to try to track or predict in a mechanical mode or whatever.

It all comes from within, and not from without, u c ?

But for it to come from within, you have to isolate yourself and be prepared to do several difficult things you are obviously not willing or it seems unfit to do.:cheesy:

Programming leads to a cul de sac. It just confirms what is intuitively known. But it has to be known first. It has to be worked at for it to become known first, then realised, then accepted and then harmonised and then perfected and then mastered,and then even further.... so there are lots of steps that need to be taken and there are no shortcuts, sorry.

I am not fishing. you do all the fishing you like, with my blessing. I do not need to do any fishing.:rolleyes:

I am already very happy and busy with my wheelbarrow and my rake on a daily basis to even think of having to do any fishing. Actually I would never consent to exchange my wheelbarrow and rake for your fishing rod...:LOL:..ever... You notice I do not ask anybody here any questions, if ever, do you ?

But you, and many like you, respond with rudeness and disrespect when in fact you ought to be doing the opposite, and taking on board valuable gems, that I purposely disguise to make you work for them, to make you earn the right in the process, instead of you retorting inappropriately in the way you habitually do.:LOL:

No doubt you will not understand this, but I cannot make it any simpler.

All of it is obvious, and all of it is screaming at you, but I am not going to bother to even try to explain it to you again.

HA Ha Ha ...there you are...I expected you to pop up any minute and there you are...because everything is known in advance and of course you are particularly predictable..:LOL:

As are you, Albert. As predictable as the tides. The same nonsense, over and over again.

Lucky for you, you'll never run out of unsophisticated beginners who don't know the difference between superciliousness and competence.

Ta.

That's excellent news.

So you're now trading full time,

No.

consistently profitably with a permanent edge that you've developed based on this members posts?

If by 'this member' you mean SOCRATES then, YES. EVERYTHING IS KNOWN IN ADVANCE :cheesy:

So, why are you still here? Why is he still here? I don't just mean on this thread, I mean on these boards at all.

I don't know. Sometimes I enjoy the 'social' aspect. But my interest in the site is dissipating...rapidly.

Country Violet will never get it, never. She is too busy knitting and sipping cups of tea with her friends. You are wasting your time. The majority don't have a clue, and never will.

i think you just crossed the line. you have been given an infraction.

new_trader, you’re a real hero from zero to be sure to be sure. You came here to this thread, just failing by a whisker to mask your true intent, and here you are a mere page later with the equivalent of the trading crown jewels under your belt, having seen through the veil, learned to intone the “all is known in advance mantra” without apparent embarrassment and when asked if you’re trading full time (presumably your original goal?) you answer honestly ‘No’ (and I reckon I know why) and when asked if you are trading consistently profitably you resort to sphinxtalk. It’s a giveaway and I’m embarrassed for you. You’ll have to trust me on this, but there is no social aspect for you here - you are the entertainment I’m afraid. You’re not the first, you wont be the last. Get it out of your system. It affects some more than others.

Odd how Albert's acolytes -- e.g., new trader, CYOF -- share certain personality characteristics. Too bad there aren't enough of them to run a statistical test.

Since you laugh, I am going to make an exception and ask you a question.

The question is "What are you yourself doing here at all ?"

........Now I may not be agreed with or even understood and I am not ignored.

But I get the drift you are not even liked and are distincty ignored, isn't that so ?
Or am I the only member to imagine this ?

Who have I offended?

Take a much closer look at this thread Jacinto, you have a distorted sense of justice.

grantx got himself an infraction too.

I can understand you guys want to have a heated debate. that is fine with me. your post was just not on. i deleted it, but left the quote. read it again and you will see why it is an abuse to another member.

all i ask is that you guys are civil to each other. just dont lower the level of discussion.

Last edited:
Odd how Albert's acolytes -- e.g., new trader, CYOF -- share certain personality characteristics. Too bad there aren't enough of them to run a statistical test.

What are you now pontificating about ?

What do you mean by acolytes ?

Since when are nicks on a bulletin board acolytes ?

What do you know about any personality traits from what you are restricted to read in a bulletin board on a public forum ?

What are you on about now, for the goodness sake ?

On this thread we are talking about Edges, and very interesting it is too, since the very mention of any advantage anyone may have is sufficient to stimulate responses, and not all of them proper ones, I may add, which is one reason why they have to be jealously guarded.

new_trader, you’re a real hero from zero to be sure to be sure. You came here to this thread, just failing by a whisker to mask your true intent, and here you are a mere page later with the equivalent of the trading crown jewels under your belt, having seen through the veil, learned to intone the “all is known in advance mantra” without apparent embarrassment and when asked if you’re trading full time (presumably your original goal?) you answer honestly ‘No’ (and I reckon I know why) and when asked if you are trading consistently profitably you resort to sphinxtalk. It’s a giveaway and I’m embarrassed for you. You’ll have to trust me on this, but there is no social aspect for you here - you are the entertainment I’m afraid. You’re not the first, you wont be the last. Get it out of your system. It affects some more than others.

You are more than welcome to be embarrased for me. This thread was about sharing an edge, nothing more, nothing less. How does not being a full time trader (yet or otherwise) change anything? Seriously, how? Do I need to publish my trading statement? If so, why am I being subjected to this scrutiny when others aren't? If claims are not backed by concrete evidence then it would make 99% of the people posting here complete and utter liars. At least I have posted live profitable trade calls. Where are yours? Do you have an open position on GOOGLE yet or are you still clueless as to what is going to happen?

There was a time when I only suspected you didn't have a clue but you have now removed all doubt. Perhaps you should focus on things you know about instead, like being the "Class Clown", intentionally or otherwise (as in most cases).

This from a rank amateur.....:LOL: :LOL: tata

Status
Not open for further replies.