Having an edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[EDIT]
edit: Thinking of edges and suchlike, you really need only get hold of those posts by ASC. They were REAL edge developers, not this silliness (mine included)

Bramble,

I was wondering if you could explain (unless this is a joke that I didn't get) what you mean by ( and even emphasised) REAL edges. I am now uncertain what you have been arguing about all this time. Whether I possess one (REAL or imagined) OR whether one can actually exist. Thanks.

On a final note. This "mission statement" of this forum is: Our aim is simple, we want to unite and support active traders across the globe. To this end we provide a range of facilities to enable our members to communicate with one another, share their knowledge and express their views. Furthermore we seek to provide educational and thought provoking content to help better educate our members in their trading lives.

I don't disagree with this. Newbies are made to feel more than welcome and are generally treated with kindness and respect. Unless of course, they develop beyond expectations or worse, beyond credibility! Suddenly and inexplicably they are scorned and ostracised. That is so ironic. It is tantamount to the tall poppy syndrome.

Bramble,

I was wondering if you could explain (unless this is a joke that I didn't get) what you mean by ( and even emphasised) REAL edges. I am now uncertain what you have been arguing about all this time. Whether I possess one (REAL or imagined) OR whether one can actually exist. Thanks.
I emphasised they were REAL edge developers, not edges. Which is precisely the point I have been making (arguing is too strong a word LOL).

The skill of researching, developing, constructing and then implementing an edge is infinitely more useful than just ‘having’ an edge.

Where are you going to get the next one when this one dissipates?

I guess that sums up my position.

;) A real edge is permanent. Anything that is not....is neither a real edge nor permanent.:LOL:

Have to disagree with you here Socrates. This is just too much of a general statement. There are many examples of well known and highly successful traders who have suddenly "lost it" and ended up blowing everything they have.... including their reputation and their edge.

Did they lose their edge....or did something else creep in and take over their mental state....eg...self destruct button.....external pressures from family issues.....the list is endless really and who can say what affects who and when and how.

Expanding on that point, is a traders edge totally a psychological one? How does one suddenly lose it if their edge is not somehow linked to their psyche?

A permanent edge as Soc calls it must be multi faceted and all encompassing...it needs to deal with every aspect, also it needs to be dynamic just in the same way that price action is dynamic. Soc talks about trading mastery and it is not conceivable that any stone would be left unturned and that anything is left to chance....all the angles covered so that if x y z presents then they are met with the appropriate responce.

Personally I cannot answer that as yet as I cannot define my edge.

cv

Thread closed

Despite several earlier warnings certain members are intent on derailing this thread by attacks on other members.

This thread is now closed.

Charlton

Status
Not open for further replies.