Futex 1st interview

kk everyone shut up this is way OT

Futex do offer paid placements on their grad course, they also sometimes offer borderline candidates that they don't want to back the chance to take the course for a fee.

IMO it's the best place for grads and people new to trading to start out because they don't run a pop idol scheme. If you know how to trade already/want to back yourself there are better options but that's besides the point.

Just saw this. Yeah, he's a cool guy - very old school and follows the stereotypes of the wide-boy east end trader. Maybe you won't have to go through the group ordeal and it's something different. Depends if you like spreads though.

Just saw this. Yeah, he's a cool guy - very old school and follows the stereotypes of the wide-boy east end trader. Maybe you won't have to go through the group ordeal and it's something different. Depends if you like spreads though.

Spreads, yeah whichever is fine ... you still with them?

Spreads, yeah whichever is fine ... you still with them?

Nope, I was on the x factor and not too successful but i'm very ambivalent about it. Let's just say I wasn't too impressed with some of the previous people that had progressed. Do you know anything about spreads trading?

Nope, I was on the x factor and not too successful but i'm very ambivalent about it. Let's just say I wasn't too impressed with some of the previous people that had progressed. Do you know anything about spreads trading?

Yes, I understand. I know theory but I haven t had any practice with spread trading (intra inter market). I master TA and PA at the moment . I am straight from uni (obviously undercapitalized) so I thought I can go and see what`s up.

Yes, I understand. I know theory but I haven t had any practice with spread trading (intra inter market). I master TA and PA at the moment . I am straight from uni (obviously undercapitalized) so I thought I can go and see what`s up.

But you trade your own account and have good returns?

I'm just trying to work out whether you're going for the group interview / 4 week programme where nothing's guaranteed or perhaps you've been able to bypass that on some merit.

& it depends which day you ask me ;)

Zoo, your on a losing streak here. Futex has a deserved good reputation. What is painfully appearent from your postings is that it was most probably was your attitude that lost you the position.

A prerequiste of any trader is to quit a losing position. I suggest you quit your ranting.

Zoo, your on a losing streak here. Futex has a deserved good reputation. What is painfully appearent from your postings is that it was most probably was your attitude that lost you the position.

A prerequiste of any trader is to quit a losing position. I suggest you quit your ranting.

U r pathetic

I have some small amount of experience with prop shops. While trading is beyond capitalism and the the virtual pinnicale of Randism, one of the biggest failings of the prop shop model is the searching for the "Star" trader at the expense of the potential "average" trader. That is taking on a lot of traders giving them basic group training then leaving them to swim in the deep end. If they measure up then brilliant if not then don't worry their commissions and desk fees will cover some of the expense and the performance of the "star" trader will do the rest.

This model leaves a lot of wastage but since there is no shortage of applicants it's not a problem.

I heard about Futex a few years back, before I realised they had an office in the City and went for an interview in their Woking Office, by the time I arrived I knew I was never going to do the daily commute for the Bund opening, but the blokes I saw satisfied me that they took the education of their traders and more important the development of their traders as a very serious matter. They did not seem in a hurry to develop them.

While I have not studied their Financial Accountants, in comparsion to a few of the others, no names no pack drill, but many of them have low if any profitability as a percentage of their turnover, for me the mere fact that the individual development of their traders and the fact they had a draw seemed to demonstrate they had a commitment to the resource responsible for their profitability. I have never heard any complaints against them from Traders who trade there.

I did not get offered a place, and was not bothered as 1, they were looking for fresh faced graduates at the time for backing positions and 2, the Commute was about 4 hours round trip! I have an affilation with another prop shop, depending on whether my account keeps in the Black!

I noticed from their website they changed their business model to "Courses" etc. But from what little I have heard about them expecially from "Zoo" did not match my experience or the "Rumour Control" I have heard from them.

IMHO

Last edited: