Futex 1st interview

I have a final round interview with Futex coming up this week - I got a very favourable impression of the training scheme from the assessment centre and the first interview and felt like I did pretty well in both of these, so naturally I'm keen to maximise my chances of getting an offer out of this final interview. I was told it would be "more of the same" compared with the first interview, only this time it's with the directors - does anyone who's been through Futex's recruitment process have anything to suggest in terms of what to expect from the final round interview? Thanks!

ultros8, congrats on getting through so far and best of luck with the final interview.

Last edited:
you guys sound like a breath of fresh air!

Rather try this: Futex is the most BORING trading company I have come across.(n)

I was called for a test and interviews with Futex but decided to decline. A more boring, uninspiring, dull company and staff is hard to find. I simply could not imagine to spend four years with Futex and I know I would be a good trader. In fact, after meeting them I couldn't even imagine three months with them.

Those of us called for an interview were never even greeted properly. They had no regard whatsoever of our presence and didn't even care to know our names. No one bothered to show us the facilities, no one bothered to offer us even a glass of water and we had come all the way from London and even further away, no one asked our names or gave a proper introduction about the company or themself so we knew what they did with the company and who they were. There was no explanation of their own background and how they got into trading as is common in presentations at better and more professional trading training facilities, and no demonstration of the trading software they use, or any feedback from successful traders within their company. And it was not just one Futex employee who gave this impression. It was every single one we came across. A couple of staff members walked by to pick up snacks and coffee and were just as dull and lifeless as the management. We asked how they were, how the company was, etc and there was no participation in any feedback at all.

The short presentation Futex gave (less than 10 minutes!) was only about them and the 'investment' they were making in you by paying those they chose to train for free a meager £500 a month! Futex didn't seem to have a single thought in their mind to the enormous sacrifices trainees make for them and not making a proper living for months, even over a year, having to travel all the way to Woking - of all places - on a £500/month budget while striving to make profits for them on their platforms!! There are so many other platforms used by other companies out there and who says the one Futex uses are one of the better? We wouldn't know. No one was interested to even know our names or introduce themselves like normal companies do, or demonstrate their trading platforms.

The statement they made that it takes "up to 18 months" for their new traders to become profitable was a major redflag to me. I know rookie traders, and by far none of them would even be working anymore if it had taken them an average 18 months to make profits! If a company's training takes that long to initiate profits in their rookies - how good is their training and their platform, exactly?

The entire experience was so uninspiring to all of us we had no further questions, and I think few of us had any continued interest in Futex. There are so many trading companies out there, no need to throw yourself under the bus to the first that comes along. And usually they are much more open to deal with, friendly, accommodating, and interested to some degree in the people coming to them. In Futex they all behave like they are 90 years old and live in a retirement community, and are the only ones of value; your contribution is clearly of none. A company like Futex may simply turn negative to your trading experience because there seem to be little that inspire their workers neither in company ethos or future aspirations. (n)

The statement they made that it takes "up to 18 months" for their new traders to become profitable was a major redflag to me.

I've trained a few and I really cannot believe anyone could realistically do it in any less, or even generate a sufficient sample size of trades to evaluate performance.

I've trained a few and I really cannot believe anyone could realistically do it in any less, or even generate a sufficient sample size of trades to evaluate performance.

I can accept that trading is not so easy. But 18 months of training???? Surely there is something lacking in the training module.

I was actually intending to be trained in a trading firm in Manhattan (New York) but due to various obstacles to get an extended stay I ended up not to. I did speak to some people who had been trained there, and they all had good things to say. The management of the trading company graciously invited me to a demo session and a full day with them. You had seven months on you to get your ass in gear and show talent. And if you would lag behind, they would either see whether you were not suited for trading, or whether some aspects of the training was not being grasped by you fully - and needed to be repeated.

If you were updated on your weaknesses and you still lacked skill - you were on your own. But if you had even a small bit of potential that could be worked on, you had the chance to work in one of the hedge funds next door or the other floors under more advanced mentoring and supervision.

Now that's more inspiring to me than the Futex downthrodden retirement bull****. Sorry, but honestly.

Futex,

Thanks for the reply however the journey time is one of the factors when you are deciding between several different career opportunities. I live in South Kensington and have commuted before to Surrey. The service offered by South West Trains is diabolical and having to endure commuting with them is a major issue.

In addition, your system of 3 months training at 400GBP per month followed by 3 months on a simulator for 3 months at 500GBP is not really suited to my present situation. Hence I've decided to take a position at Schneider's.

If I become another Lawrie Inman I may look you up in the future. In the meantime, many thanks for your invitation to your offices in deepest darkest Woking.

Regards

RichieE

Thank god these utterly boring people at Futex are in Woking. It has saved a lot of people the poor decision of wasting time being trained by a company who cannot make you profitable within 18 months... I just cannot imagine trading for that long before I even see profits! I'm positively profitable in investments after six months of training and certainly don't expect less from trading.

Futex demands that you should be there at 6:30 am. They don't care where you come from as long as you're there at 6:30am. In fact, they don't seem to find any value, at all, in YOUR contribution to the company (that's my impression and from the private messages I've gotten, even employees feel the same). Basically they think they are so far above you that they don't question if they lack proper training abilities, use an inadequate trading platform and whether this delays the profit timeframe for their trainees; instead they demand you must meet up to their demands at all time, no matter how poor their own input, training or ethos are. And mind you, this 'honor' to train you to make money FOR THEM is only worth a £500 a month payment to you.

Honestly, although this is only my personal opinion, I could see the company sucks and that the people working there seemed to rather wish they were somewhere else.

Honestly, although this is only my personal opinion, I could see the company sucks and that the people working there seemed to rather wish they were somewhere else.

But they all seem so happy in this picture :LOL:

w214i7400.png

Congrats on getting a second interview. Only got the first. I was quite intrigued by Futex though. The opperation looked quite sound in principle however I had some questions I was saving up for the next round. I was abit concerned about Futex's turnover/cash balance of their parent company IDT. There was a mention of one of their traders trading 2000 contracts on the S&P but going on what I saw on their balance sheet I was not sure that they had enough cash to do so. Add in the fact that there are 40-60 odd traders I wonder how much margin per trader is available to trade. I was also worried that they were making money on the rental costs of the platform that comes out of your profit before you get paid.

I was also worried about the fact I got a "depends" answer when I questioned how often is the 'profit' totalled and paid/shared. Is it once a month...once a quarter etc etc? Obviously this will effect the regularity of your income. If you had a good month and got paid at the end of it and then had a ok month or even a losing month(not sure that would be allowed) that would be ok as you have been paid at the end of the first month. But if it's paid every two months then you could end up with nothing. Obviously I am sure they want a profit every week/month but trading is unforgiving and doesn't always work out that way. So it was something I wanted to get further clarification.

Also there was a matter of, would such a good company use a non verbal reasoning test that was available on a search on google. Was a bit annoying to hear after the test that several had seen it in it's entirety before.

But if I had answers to those questions, everything else made it seem like I could be a good opportunity for someone.

Let us know how you get on.

And finally, everyone who worked there that we saw in passing didn't look very happy. I know it's a silly point but I do wonder why?

edit: I see your post was sometime ago...did you get what you wanted out of it?

Very good observation and points. And frankly, I don't think they ARE making much money. And if they don't know how to make money - why waste time learning from them? I too never came across ONE SINGLE happy person at Futex. Miserable bloody place!

You want to learn from people that know how to make profits. Just ignore the rest.

I wouldn't waste one minute on Futex. Honestly. Something is wrong there.

Well, they all probably seem happy because they ARE somewhere else and not at the Futex office!!! :rolleyes:

I myself felt considerably happier when I left that miserable environment. :cool:

Futex = :sleep:

Sadly trading and happiness dont go together.. 2 or 3 time a month you might get a big winning day.. but the rest of the time it is grind :(

I was at the assesment yesterday. The tests are tough in combination with the time.
The assesment wasn't special but if you aren't native speaker in English, the first test about logical thinking is not that easy. Because you need to read really fast, make decisions really fast with words you never heard before. You need a really fluent English (which means you need to know seldom and special words) to pass this test. So i screwed this test up :cheesy:

It was a nice experience and they told us some non-detailed stuff about the company and how the training and start in the company would be.
I was a little bit disappointed at the end, because i thought that they make a short viewing of the company. Short look in the Traders room, to see the "maybe" working place.

Was there on Tuseday was ok, hopefully i get into round two as am already a trader be shame not to get a chance if am already party trading!

Sorry to revive a dead thread but, I've just passed the online assessment. Got invited to an interview just wondering if anyone knows what I should expect?
Woking office btw

Cheers in advance

Was there on Tuseday was ok, hopefully i get into round two as am already a trader be shame not to get a chance if am already party trading!

Hi,
I'm going to Woking for the first interview of Futex next week. I was wondering if you could tell me what to expect from the 1st and 2nd interview if you've been there ?
Thanks mate.
Florent