Any FUTEX traders here?

liontrades sounds like he knows what he's talking about. Doubt she'll be taught anything useful. You need to teach yourself. It's only having the backing and the facility that would be handy... and yes you should learn from others

For my background, I'm not at futex, but at a prop firm around 3 1/2 years now (which now doesn't do any more grad schemes, there's no point in them - much more sensible to take on other traders who are doing size and are successful) and although I've had facility to trade at home for ages will be trading from home full stop relatively shortly... finding the office boring and drinking too much there... and most importantly would rather get up at quarter to seven than quarter to five

liontrades, Futex is not a proper floor. The Woking office is 99% trainees, there are a couple of old hands (literally only a couple iirc).

If you want the Futex training environment I can sum it up here in two parts:

1) Learn what the econ announcements mean, and who is on the ECB/FOMC etc

2) Sit and stare at the ladder and get contradictory advice from a 'trainer' depending on what happens. Get someone to tell you to "stare at the ladder and look for patterns". Any question will usually be answered "Sure, do it if it makes money."Ignorance regarding the concept of any kind of distribution usually gets "Obviously it's not working if you took a loss."

To get an even more authentic experience record people swearing and screaming like they're being branded by an iron (even though the risk screen shows them (one of the purportedly 'big' traders) on a 1 lot 2 ticks offside), and hook your charts up to 3 more screens that you can't see and get a monkey to randomly play with the mouse so you never get to use them.

If it was truly that difficult to trade that your chances of being successful is close to 1%, every Hedge Fund and Bank would be broke by now and not employee thousands of traders. (n)(n)(n)

Let's just analyse your nonsense comment again.

You think it can't be hard to make money trading standalone prop, because if it was, banks and funds wouldn't employ traders.

So on the assumption that prop trading is easy, as you imply, why would banks and HF employ "thousands", surely a few hundred would do?

And there is the additional fact that pretty much every US bank has disbanded their prop desks, including Goldman.

So, given that banks no longer have prop desks, how do they make money? With all your friends in the industry, you can tell us.

And as for hedge funds, what percentage do you think make money "trading prop"? And, seeing as it's so easy, why was the average return a measly 10% last year.. I'm sure you make that in a day.

On that note, I don't have extensive knowledge like you in trading, Obi-Wan Kenobi. But I invest my own money and I make money. I currently run three test accounts for my own strategies trying to build it to about £1 mil to see how long it would take, and would it actually work or not. One of my accounts started with £5,000 and is now at £104,254 in 48 trades (including losses). May not be a fortune for the 'smarter' people like yourself, but its been less than eight months so its faired all right. A second account with a starting pot of £3,000 is building up nicely too. The third one is too early to tell. My accounts all have disciplined strategies, money management, and strict loss control in mind so they don't go haywire. Just the basics.

You think turning £5k into £104k in 48 trades on demo is impressive? What crazy ass risk are you taking to make a 2000% return in 8 months?? It's about as "impressive" as winning money on the lottery.

"Disciplined strategies, money management and strict loss control" HA HA HA

They're shutting down prop desks for compliance reasons, not because they don't pay. Just sayin.

GS's Macro desk generated 35% of the firm's total revenue last year.

Also, this is off topic.

Yes I am aware that Futex is a training facility. I was merely saying that if you must go somewhere to learn go to learn face to face not through a distance chat room. I was also saying, if you are profitable just stay at home and trade. Why travel, wake up stupidly early and pay x amount in desk fees etc.

It's not difficult to do that without taking a lot of risk in the right conditions if you are pyramiding up.

Futex seems to have losts its mojo.. there was a member FUTEX who used to pump it and another guy 'skills leverage' who was a big cheerleader.

All gone very quiet compared to a few years ago.

Let's just analyse your nonsense comment again.

You think it can't be hard to make money trading standalone prop, because if it was, banks and funds wouldn't employ traders.

So on the assumption that prop trading is easy, as you imply, why would banks and HF employ "thousands", surely a few hundred would do?

And there is the additional fact that pretty much every US bank has disbanded their prop desks, including Goldman.

So, given that banks no longer have prop desks, how do they make money? With all your friends in the industry, you can tell us.

And as for hedge funds, what percentage do you think make money "trading prop"? And, seeing as it's so easy, why was the average return a measly 10% last year.. I'm sure you make that in a day.

You're a bit dense :whistling Your adding your own assumptions to everything - and not to what I stated. Is this the same logic you use when you're trading? :?:

I didn't say it was EASY. Its not easy. We can't predict the future. Please show me WHERE I say it is easy. My comment was aiming at (for those who can actually grasp it) that it should not take a company that is GOOD at training people, as Futex claims, to 1) have it take 18 months, 2) after 18 months only have a few or even 1% of those they train being successful. Something is WRONG with FUTEX or their platform is outdated, their approach, or whatever.
Look at it from another perspective: if an average 90% of private traders generate losses, then the 10% that DO NOT and PROFIT are doing better than professional traders who obviously fail at 99%! (according to a comment somewhere on this board)

Do you get it now or do I need to add braille and sign language to to it with animations?

Regarding hedge funds many hedge funds do far more than 10% average. And 10% by itself is not small. It shows you don't pay attention to strategy. John Paulson made, what, $5 billion just in commission... that's his 20% or so FROM the 10%... its not small!

Some fund managers are in the green all the time with their trades and go quite a bit above, while others carry so many losing trades you'd wonder how they can manage such huge funds. Look at Steven Cohens account for example. No 10% average there! I've seen the list of winning and losing trades they do to compare between fund and fund and there are quite big differences. To even out between them it may show 10% but that's not standard. Most likely some keep it conservative and safe, and aim at a margin and are content with that. Some people trade that way. Its a known strategy. Besides, they make their commission and fees on the bulk and don't have to take more risks - not like small **** traders like us who make a pittance. Each has his own strategy. There is no right or wrong way that only makes sense to a few, only whatever works for them.

However, constantly losing makes NO SENSE to me! :eek: Your winners should total 3-4 times the losers or its bad trading and something has to be done to improve the score.

In other words: FUTEX = :sleep:

But if YOU are happy losing and struggling - go ahead. Who's stopping you? :rolleyes: You seem more eager to justify it rather than finding some method to improve on it. Its your choice.

He's right you know, if on average only 10% make it and Futex can't do better than this then what use is their training? It evidently offers no advantage to doing it yourself, probabilistically speaking.

48 trades 5k to 104k. I do not doubt your abilities however I do question your wisdom.

Who cares what you 'question'! What value does your questioning have in this world anyways. :arrowd: I make money, I profit. If I have more losses than profits, I wont continue. My profits may be small, but they add up. And that's fine with me. Don't give a **** whether anyone believes it, likes it, hates it. The only thing that really bugs me is that I can't touch any of my profits since it would mess up my strategy and plan. I also wonder if I'll have the guts to trade the entire lot when/if I get up in higher profits...

He's right you know, if on average only 10% make it and Futex can't do better than this then what use is their training? It evidently offers no advantage to doing it yourself, probabilistically speaking.

Exactly. That's my point. I have doubts about Futex, really. But then you hear so many traders and investors saying things have changed so much with high-speed internet trading that we need new methods, new technology, new strategies. Maybe that's where the problem is. I don't know. I'm just a novice.

It's not "difficult" but you would have to be lucky

Certainly there may be some luck. That's what I'd like to find out.

But, will I have the guts to put it all on the line IF I reach somewhat near or beyond £1 mil...?? Who knows. Maybe I'll lose it all although I doubt it because I'm stingy on losses and control them without giving in. Sometimes its not the right decision, but, rather that than big losses.

Yes they do but there is nothing like training on the proper floor. You learn from experts who know the game. No chat room facility compares to this. Maybe I am just old school but I was taught face to face on a trading floor and so I know that method works and thats why I reject the remote training I guess.

I would indeed like to try it. I'm a novice. I don't know professional trading. I want to know how much value it would add to my trading. :rolleyes:

Who cares what you 'question'! What value does your questioning have in this world anyways. :arrowd: I make money, I profit. If I have more losses than profits, I wont continue. My profits may be small, but they add up. And that's fine with me. Don't give a **** whether anyone believes it, likes it, hates it. The only thing that really bugs me is that I can't touch any of my profits since it would mess up my strategy and plan. I also wonder if I'll have the guts to trade the entire lot when/if I get up in higher profits...

****ING LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE FOREXIUS :clap:

SOC-IT TO THESE HATERS LOL

It's not difficult to do that without taking a lot of risk in the right conditions if you are pyramiding up.

Yes, you build it brick by brick (small percentage profits that keep compounding) rather than expecting a whole mansion to fall on your head in one go. Maybe because I've only been at this for a year, I feel safer trading that way.