Another Thread Closed!

Who knows, but if the topic isn't discussed again (and again) then there's no prospect of a resolution to the problem. Sooner or later someone will suggest something to overcome the problem. Let's get a little perspective here: if the mess in Northern Ireland can be sorted out, I'm sure this problem can be too! Oh, my glass is half full by the way.
:cheesy:
Tim.

The solution is a very simple one . . .

According to Soc speak....99.99 % of the readership are DUNCES .....now the question is..are you going to stand for it or not?...and why is it left to the minority to tackle him on these issues?

I'm not sure if you were asking a rhetorical question, but I have never felt insulted by Socrates. So what percentage does that put me in?

I'm not sure if you were asking a rhetorical question, but I have never felt insulted by Socrates. So what percentage does that put me in?

Firmly in the 99.99....I didnt say it...Soc says it as a matter of course...so you should feel insulted....either that or you could'nt care less, because you can trade and are succesful...

Soc may now pop up and tell you ...you are not like the rest...massaging the ego...then comes the invite to the P L....wonderful is'nt it..:LOL:

Firmly in the 99.99....I didnt say it...Soc says it as a matter of course...so you should feel insulted....either that or you could'nt care less, because you can trade and are succesful...

Soc may now pop up and tell you ...you are not like the rest...massaging the ego...then comes the invite to the P L....wonderful is'nt it..:LOL:

CV,

You can't expect me to take this seriously. If Socrates said, "new_trader you are a dunce", I would feel insulted, but if he says 99.99% of the people in this forum are dunces, why on earth should I think that includes me? I don't understand the conclusion you are drawing.... honestly, I don't. But maybe, I really am a dunce...what do you think?

CV,

You can't expect me to take this seriously. If Socrates said, "new_trader you are a dunce", I would feel insulted, but if he says 99.99% of the people in this forum are dunces, why on earth should I think that includes me? I don't understand the conclusion you are drawing.... honestly, I don't. But maybe, I really am a dunce...what do you think?

well......not that i am against or for the argument, but 99.99% basically means only 1 member out of the 73,800 mentioned on the homepage. :cheesy:

1 or 7.38...until I am told, I won't assume.

Let us see if you and I can have a discussion between us without being interrrrupted.

The first thing I am going to say is this very matter is being actively discussed on Bully's website, not in the place that I am not allowed to mention....... (but that counter violent has.......because if I mention it..... it it advertising, but if he mentions it it is something else) but in the public forum where everybody is welcome, and is not looked upon as advertising.

The policy there is very different to here.

For a start everyone is allowed to say what they like but there are limits. When these limits are crossed then the culprit is not banned or his post deleted, he is put in the monkey cage behind bars for everyone to visit and to read what led up to him being incarcerated...(to be put in the cage).... This is more effective than banning posters or deleting posts, as the poster then has to suffer the mortifying embarrasement of being displayed publicly behind bars.

These incarcerations are permanent, as I have the keys, and these keys turn the lock to close, but not to open.

Now in this public section, bully gives some very insightful explanations of why what is...... "is"......., so to speak. His explanations in his own inimitable style, are very clear, and are available for everyone who can read and understand, to do so.

Now let me ask you a question new-trader...

First of all, go and look at the last 4 posts in the closed thread "The Ledger".

See if you can pinpoint who the troublemakers are there and come back to me and tell me, in your impartial opinion, who they are.

Next go and look at the first 4 or 5 pages of the thread "Plain Vanilla" and do the same thing, and come back and tell me who they are.

If you find difficulty in assessing the material in order to arrive at a conclusion to provide an answer, read more of the thread...as much of the thread as you need to, in order to have a proper idea of whether I am a trouble maker on my own thread or not, and who are the derailers, the detractors, the serial pests.

When you have done that first and given me your considered reply, it will be made clear if you are in the 99.999% of dunces that I mention or in the exclusive .1% .

Don't forget that not everyone here is a dunce. You have to consider that there are very few members as a percentage of the total membership who are active posters.
There are also many lurkers and what is more there are many who remain members but no longer post.
And what is more there are a handful of really knowledgeable and experienced posters who have migrated, never to return, so you have to take all these facts into consideration in your deliberations as to whether I am the trouble maker as is implied repeatedly on these boards or not.

We await your reply with interest.

First of all, go and look at the last 4 posts in the closed thread "The Ledger".

See if you can pinpoint who the troublemakers are there and come back to me and tell me, in your impartial opinion, who they are.

Next go and look at the first 4 or 5 pages of the thread "Plain Vanilla" and do the same thing, and come back and tell me who they are.

If you find difficulty in assessing the material in order to arrive at a conclusion to provide an answer, read more of the thread...as much of the thread as you need to, in order to have a proper idea of whether I am a trouble maker on my own thread or not, and who are the derailers, the detractors, the serial pests.

Or one can review all the threads in which Albert has been the derailer, the detractor, the serial pest (generally not -- it should come as no surprise -- his own). Unfortunately, so much has been deleted, edited, moved, laid by, that only those who've been around all this time and have followed the fortunes of these many threads know who is responsible for the "difficulties".

Poor Albert. So innocent, so unfairly maligned . . . :rolleyes:

Or one can review all the threads in which Albert has been the derailer, the detractor, the serial pest (generally not -- it should come as no surprise -- his own). Unfortunately, so much has been deleted, edited, moved, laid by, that only those who've been around all this time and have followed the fortunes of these many threads know who is responsible for the "difficulties".

Poor Albert. So innocent, so unfairly maligned . . . :rolleyes:

MUST YOU BUTT IN AS USUAL ? MUST YOU ?

TO WHOM AM I ADDRESSING MY POST, IT IS NOT TO YOU IS IT ?

SO WHY DO YOU TAKE IT UPON YOURSELF TO REPLY WHEN I EXPRESSLY STATED IT WAS A DISCUSSION BETWEEN NEW_TRADER AND I ? WOT FOR ?

IS YOUR NICK NEW_ TRADER ? IS IT ?

NO IT IS NOT.

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN THE LEAST IN YOUR OPINION I AM INTERESTED IN THE REPLY TO WHOM THIS POST IS ADDRESSED AND NO ONE ELSE.

RUDE YOU ARE, JUST PLAIN RUDE, THAT'S ALL.

Hi Socrates,

As much as I admire your stamina and commitment in pursuit of your points of view, I’m equally baffled by your motive(s): if there are at best perhaps ten candidates or apprentices worthy of your attention on these boards, why then do you spend so much of your undoubted energies in trying to recruit them to your fold (or perhaps to persuade them of the virtues of your approach)?

I apologise if my question seems rude, and I don't mean to butt in, although I'm sure you'll agree that I have rarely (if ever disrupted) one of your threads?

Cheers

Mayfly

I am not interested in recruiting anybody. I assure you the mission is only for a handful, although everyone fancies themselves as elegible.

But I am interested in the truth being properly ventilated and I deeply resent persistent attempts by detractors to pervert the truth or even to try to bury it.

Now, having replied to your question, please, let us wait for new_trader to reply, because the question was put to him, and him only, and no one else.

Thank you.

SO WHY DO YOU TAKE IT UPON YOURSELF TO REPLY WHEN I EXPRESSLY STATED IT WAS A DISCUSSION BETWEEN NEW_TRADER AND I ? WOT FOR ?

IS YOUR NICK NEW_ TRADER ? IS IT ?

NO IT IS NOT.

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN THE LEAST IN YOUR OPINION I AM INTERESTED IN THE REPLY TO WHOM THIS POST IS ADDRESSED AND NO ONE ELSE.

RUDE YOU ARE, JUST PLAIN RUDE, THAT'S ALL.

You want privacy? Try email. :)

How many times do you have to be told, and in what language and how loud for you to understand ?

My Private Messaging is now enabled, as from tonight.

I understand perfectly well, Bertie. You work yourself into a dither whenever someone interferes with what might charitably be called your "train of thought", yet you don't hesitate to do the same to scores of others (ever hear of the game "Kick Me"?).

Glad to hear you figured out how to enable your private messaging. You should be a happy as a hog in a waller. :)

I understand perfectly well, Bertie. You work yourself into a dither whenever someone interferes with what might charitably be called your "train of thought", yet you don't hesitate to do the same to scores of others (ever hear of the game "Kick Me"?).

Glad to hear you figured out how to enable your private messaging. You should be a happy as a hog in a waller. :)

You again ? Clear off ! Go on ! Or can't you read ?

When you post on a public board, I do not think it is reasonable to chastise other posters for entering posts. The PM facility is there for the purpose of private discussions.
But I am interested in the truth being properly ventilated and I deeply resent persistent attempts by detractors to pervert the truth or even to try to bury it.
I thought you purported to know the "truth" but were determined not to release it?

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1022548931015086982S500x500Q85.jpg
    1022548931015086982S500x500Q85.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
When you post on a public board, I do not think it is reasonable to chastise other posters for entering posts. The PM facility is there for the purpose of private discussions.

I thought you purported to know the "truth" but were determined not to release it?

Peto don't start ok ?

The truth is there for everyone to see, plain as daylight. You know this.

It is for the individual to engage brain and arrive at the correct conclusion, and not for me to spoonfeed.

As Pod G says "it is screaming at you...obvious it is....if you do not understand it you ought not to be trading...you ought not to be trading at all"

That's it.