Addendum2:Why do so few succeed?

I am not having a personal dig Soc( apart form the obvious!),... but you said.... ''how can you poss have any feelings about me or my questions''.....well as I picked up from a previous couple of posts......you can & you have got personal , had feelings & swore on this board.......this was then deleted but proved a point about being able to get emotional over something that is beyond your (our) control! ......i.e what the oher person says......or what the trade does once entered, or what the ball does once hit.

this I believe is another reason people can struggle at trading and many other things, emotion of wanting to be right & to control what is out of our control

Thanks!

jay

Finlayson said:
I am not having a personal dig Soc( apart form the obvious!),... but you said.... ''how can you poss have any feelings about me or my questions''.....well as I picked up from a previous couple of posts......you can & you have got personal , had feelings & swore on this board.......this was then deleted but proved a point about being able to get emotional over something that is beyond your (our) control! ......i.e what the oher person says......or what the trade does once entered, or what the ball does once hit.

this I believe is another reason people can struggle at trading and many other things, emotion of wanting to be right & to control what is out of our control

Thanks!

jay
Actually no, you have go the wrong end of the stick again, I was merely trying to deal with a serial stalker, who persists in acting not unlike a thwarted mistress, and nothing to do with any emotions. I do not have any. Sorry to disappoint you.One cannot have any emotions about nicks on a website, because that is all they are....and that is all they can remain, too.

Socrates........you do not dissapoint me. you do have emotions.....we all do....that is basic really & you will only get frustrated trying to convince yourself that you havent.

just like we all would

Jay

SOCRATES said:
Now at last someone is beginning to talk sense. Yours is a very good post.

Your response to jtrader (sorry, jtrader) merely confirms what I said about your unwillingness -- or inability -- to read, since the points jtrader made have been made repeatedly throughout the thread.

Again, jtrader, no dig. Why would you want to slog through this thread to reach this point?

new_trader said:
Almost, but not quite. A person who can really dig a hole has independence and therefore REAL success. Your analogy reminds me of a work colleague who has a conniption whenever he must take responsibility for a job, needless to say he always finds a way out of it.

Exactly the point, we have a wannabe guru, talking a good job, where as in the real world... we have to do a good job.....and prove it.

DB, sorry, the box drops and says "you must spread some reputation before giving it to DB Phoenix again".
But I will not overlook or forget to give you a gong at the earliest opportunity.

As long as my explanations benefit your trading in some way, Bertie, that's really all that matters.

dbphoenix said:
As long as my explanations benefit your trading in some way, Bertie, that's really all that matters.
No, not exactly, I don't need any help as you know very well, but they have made my day, I am over the moon, I promise. I am off to consume some blueberry muffins to celebrate :LOL: and to try to calm down my excitement and happiness.

SOCRATES said:
No, not exactly, I don't need any help as you know very well

Actually, you need more help than I am able to provide. Fortunately, however, that's not my problem. :)

dbphoenix said:
Actually, you need more help than I am able to provide. Fortunately, however, that's not my problem. :)
Thank you very much, DB. You have no idea how much you have helped already. It would be unfair of me to impose upon you futher. You have done more than enough today. Many many thanks indeed. You have absolutely no idea how much it is appreciated.:LOL:

Of course it goes without saying I will keep my word to give you the reputation points as promised, at the earliest opportunity.

SOCRATES said:
Thank you very much, DB. You have no idea how much you have helped already. It would be unfair of me to impose upon you futher. You have done more than enough today. Many many thanks indeed. You have absolutely no idea how much it is appreciated.:LOL:

How gratifying. Now perhaps you won't have to rely on your lottery winnings any longer.

dbphoenix said:
How gratifying. Now perhaps you won't have to rely on your lottery winnings any longer.
No, not at all, It has nothing to do with money but rather with what money cannot buy :LOL:

dbphoenix said:
The "properly focused" part, though, is the stick in the spokes, one of the reasons why this thread is now over 300 posts, which are only a drop in the ocean of posts here and elsewhere which address this. And at this point it seems appropriate to refer those who care to all that is available here, particularly in the KL, rather than repeat all of this yet again ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
............And if it is in the Knowledge Lab as you helpfully hint, then why is it that no one seems to pin it?:LOL:

Or is it that this thread is now over 300 posts long because of persistent arguing ?:eek:

After all, all I am saying is two things, on the one hand "Survival of the Fittest" and on the other hand in order to survive and indeed prosper the criteria of "Merit, Ability and Conduct " are prerequisites.:LOL:

I do not view any of it as difficult, I am not willing to discuss my methods, but isn't it time the stick was removed from the spokes, particularly with the density of posting this topic of the analysis of failure has attracted ? .:LOL:

I am actually delighted at the amount of interest this discussion has stimulated.:LOL:

I have just realised....It may be found in the knowledge lab.

If that is the case, then at least i cannot be blamed for that as well.:eek:

It is patently obvious that I have never made a contribution to that illustrious fount of wisdom.

Being prudent and circumspect has some rewards.:LOL:

You continue to make these incredibly vacuous remarks, which is the chief reason why the thread is so long. And, yet again, you have no idea what I'm talking about.

But I'm glad you're delighted. With a life such as yours, you have to take it where you can get it.

Finlayson said:
Socrates........you do not dissapoint me. you do have emotions.....we all do....that is basic really & you will only get frustrated trying to convince yourself that you havent.

just like we all would

Jay

This Socrates fellow is really funny :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: He waits and posts after everyone else's post and says he is indifferent about what people say. Gee how stupid does he think you guys are?

FXSCALPER2 said:
Gee how stupid does he think you guys are?

Oh, about :?: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . this much :?:

dbphoenix said:
You continue to make these incredibly vacuous remarks, which is the chief reason why the thread is so long. And, yet again, you have no idea what I'm talking about.

But I'm glad you're delighted. With a life such as yours, you have to take it where you can get it.
My remarks are not vacuous, they are very pertinent.

Here is another one for you to consider....

As is your usual custom, you squirm away from answering direct questions by offering bluster instead of, proper answers. I don't want to answer something I say so. But you succumb to your vanity and get engaged in replying, often giving really stupid answers.

This is the main reason why sometimes it is difficult to accurately have an idea of what it is you are talking about, while pretending to be very knowledgeable and helpful, etc.

When are you going to give a proper answer to solve Barjon's dilemma ? I mean a proper answer and not a fobbing off, throwaway statement of a few lines.:eek:

You have fobbed him off with a half baked reply. He has not yet fully realised it is a half baked reply, but it is.

Why don't you now go and prepare a pdf and include it in your "private" whatsit and end his uncertainty ? Go on.:eek:

Last edited: