Addendum2:Why do so few succeed?

The Drinking Philosophers Song

Monty Python

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable.
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boosey beggar who could think you under the table.
David Hume could out-consume Shoppenhauer and Hegel,
And Wittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as schloshed as Schloegel.
There's nothin' Neitzche couldn't teach ya 'bout the raisin' of the wrist;
Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed!

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will, after half a pint of shard was particularly ill.
Plato, they say, could stick it away, half a crate of whiskey every day.
Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle, Hobbes was fond of his dram.
And René Déscartes was a drunken fart, “I drink therefore I am.”
Yes Socrates, himself, is particularly missed: A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed!
I AM SOCRATES@~_m£^7*(

Come on people, Socrates is a multi nic. :whistling

I don't think that he was flexible enough to get away with that, but you could be right. Sooner or later, though, the style of one's writing rings a bell with someone.

I crossed swords with him many times, but I never remembered him as a user of bad language, rather more, as a long-nosed snob who looked disdainfully at anyone elses opinions.

Those, who followed his every word, took a lot of insults, themselves, and seemed to love it! :)

Last edited:
I don't think that he was flexible enough to get away with that, but you could be right. Sooner or later, though, the style of one's writing rings a bell with someone.

I crossed swords with him many times, but I never remembered him as a user of bad language, rather more, as a long-nosed snob who looked disdainfully at anyone elses opinions.

Those, who followed his every word, took a lot of insults, themselves, and seemed to love it! :)

one thing for sure..he had you well summed up:cheesy:

The Drinking Philosophers Song

Monty Python

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable.
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boosey beggar who could think you under the table.
David Hume could out-consume Shoppenhauer and Hegel,
And Wittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as schloshed as Schloegel.
There's nothin' Neitzche couldn't teach ya 'bout the raisin' of the wrist;
Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed!

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will, after half a pint of shard was particularly ill.
Plato, they say, could stick it away, half a crate of whiskey every day.
Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle, Hobbes was fond of his dram.
And René Déscartes was a drunken fart, “I drink therefore I am.”
Yes Socrates, himself, is particularly missed: A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed!
I AM SOCRATES@~_m£^7*(

let's just say he is no fool..many could not stand his forceful speaking of the truth..but..as the saying goes..

"the truth always hurts"

Come on people, Socrates is a multi nic. :whistling

what is wrong little back office boy..afraid that someone might ask you some real trading related questions in your big journal thread..lol

only people with something to hide makes their threads private:whistling

wXel2AYkFOa1q.gif

let's just say he is no fool..many could not stand his forceful speaking of the truth..but..as the saying goes..

"the truth always hurts"

!'ve just scanned through your last posts. He, like you, have a lot in common except that, although always insulting, his posts were more interesting. You deserve each other. A pity he did not take you with him.

!'ve just scanned through your last posts. He, like you, have a lot in common except that, although always insulting, his posts were more interesting. You deserve each other. A pity he did not take you with him.

pity about you..ain't it..ye guys make me laugh..not one good trader on this site..the small few were here are well gone..of course..the idiots stay on trying to lure the gullible public into parting with some money

if my memory serves me correct..you were one of those who had no clue at all..and socco let it be well known:cheesy:

(n) Not true. I was an eventual follower of SOCRATES and he was nothing but a gentleman and a scholar.

Socrates taught me a lot about how people think..and SOCRATES taught me a lot about how people don't think(y)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 08-27-16 at 11.43 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 08-27-16 at 11.43 PM.PNG
    378.9 KB · Views: 262
  • Screen Shot 08-27-16 at 11.40 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 08-27-16 at 11.40 PM.PNG
    138.2 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Has this thread or indeed Socrates, ever defined "success" so at least we know what we are talking about?

Success = not failure. Failure = financial wipe-out, stopping further trading.

There are innumerable ways to win the game but the only way to lose it is to get wiped out.

success is..when you know what you are doing that makes you more money than you lose..and you can keep doing it..week in..and week out

success is..when you know what you are doing that makes you more money than you lose..and you can keep doing it..week in..and week out

I agree with you Luidin. One must be aware of his moves all the time. A knowledge about handling risks is advisable as well.

I agree with you Luidin. One must be aware of his moves all the time. A knowledge about handling risks is advisable as well.

how did you come up with the name barfluther..as that is an Irish saying that is not widely used..it means a person who is continually drunk from drinking in pubs

yes..risk control is a major key to succeeding when trading..a person with limited funds and good risk control can make much more money than a person with lots of money and no risk control..most humans are not very good at managing risk..especially when it comes to the financial markets