Addendum2:Why do so few succeed?

new_trader said:
But you do not dispense advice, only platitudes. I have gleaned nothing useful from you apart from what I read on a daily affirmations calendar.

In regard to what you said in another post:

1. Because most people are not particularly intelligent.

Merit?? A person with an average IQ has just as much chance of success as a person with a superior IQ. It would be better to say that a smart person can lose just as much money as a dumb person. In which case intelligence is a moot point.

3. Because most people have a lousy attitude towards hard work. Ability

Attitude is NOT ability.

10. Because most people really do not have a clue. Ability

Lack of knowledge is NOT lack of ability. Learning is the assimilation of knowledge. Everyone can be a successful trader once they know how.
Please yourself, I am not here to "advise" you or to "teach" you. I am here to discuss topics that interest me at high levels of understanding and shared interest with like minded, expert traders, and not to be pestered and argued with interminably by newbies and rude argumentative upstarts.

SOCRATES said:
Please yourself, I am not here to "advise" you or to "teach" you. I am here to discuss topics that interest me at high levels of understanding and shared interest with like minded, expert traders, and not to be pestered and argued with interminably by newbies and rude argumentative upstarts.

ROFL it's my ball and i'm taking it in !

Happy days

SOCRATES said:

And yet you're still here . . .

Consider doing everyone a great favor and creating a small group -- most likely very small -- of traders you consider to be expert and then PM each other. Everybody wins.

Finlayson said:
sandpiper.....great post, & interesting points

just thought I would slip this in for anyone interested:

good book....'' the golfer & the millionaire'' by mark fisher

Jay

Haven't read that that one. Thanks. I'll have a look.

Without wishing to elevate the discussion :| ,Timothy Gallway's 'Inner Game of Golf' is a great read.

Bigbusiness said:
I disagree with this. I used to work in the NHS and have worked with some great surgeons. What struck me about them was how they all had different characters and ranged from the nicest person I have ever met to one of the most obnoxious.

I'll wager the nice surgeon had little difficulty in enlisting and engaging work colleagues in order to get the job done
The obnoxious surgeon would have had the devils own job on their hands as they found everyone fighting against their supercilious attitude ( totally oblivious of course as to why they had got a "peasants revolt" on their hands. ( Every day ) ( I bet he/she was an only one

I think the successful people that are friendly and people oriented are sadly in the minority. There are too many people around who are successful because they know how to manipulate others, rather than being good at their jobs.

back to the field and shovel analogy then

C V

Last edited:
counter_violent said:
back to the field and shovel analogy then

C V

Almost, but not quite. A person who can really dig a hole has independence and therefore REAL success. Your analogy reminds me of a work colleague who has a conniption whenever he must take responsibility for a job, needless to say he always finds a way out of it.

SOCRATES said:
Now the "SOMETHING" that's missing....that Barjon correctly identifies.....

Go on, discuss it among yourselves , see if you can pin it.

I am keeping quiet, let us see what constructive progression there is on this...

After which you will of course take credit for whatever insights are shared by those who had already reached them independently of you. A can't-lose situation, eh, Bertie? :)

SOCRATES said:
Now the "SOMETHING" that's missing....that Barjon correctly identifies.....

Go on, discuss it among yourselves , see if you can pin it.

I am keeping quiet, let us see what constructive progression there is on this...

We ALL know what the "SOMETHING" is but we are not sharing it with you.

dbphoenix said:
After which you will of course take credit for whatever insights are shared by those who had already reached them independently of you. A can't-lose situation, eh, Bertie? :)
If you won the lottery, you would not share it, would you now, with all these deserving people here on T2W, now really would you ?

You share if you like, but I am not sharing.

I f I win the lottery I am entitled to keep it, not to share it like you might do with all these nice people here.

new_trader said:

:) This is perhaps more true than you realize. If you've surfed the boards for a while, you've probably encountered the tactic whereby a guru-wannabee tosses out a provocative statement or question of some sort, something which will most likely generate many responses (this is common on ET), one of which may be what the GW had been looking for to make himself, finally, profitable. He then says something along the lines of Aha! You are quite correct. Congratulations. And so forth. Then, when whatever it is doesn't work, he will then come back with another provocative statement/question and go through the process yet again.

Good trading to you, new trader.

See if you can pin it...

new_trader said:
That is very kind of you indeed, but I assure you that what you know, I am not interested in sharing at all.

It is what you don't know that interests and amuses me.

We are going to call it "Barjon's Dilemma".

You know there is something missing but what it is, well that is another matter.
icon10.gif

SOCRATES said:
If you won the lottery, you would not share it, would you now, with all these deserving people here on T2W, now really would you ?

You share if you like, but I am not sharing.

I f I win the lottery I am entitled to keep it, not to share it like you might do with all these nice people here.

Why am I not surprised that you would equate winning the lottery with making a winning trade? This provides a clue as to why you continue to have so much difficulty.

Keep at it, Bertie. You'll get it. Eventually.

dbphoenix said:
:) This is perhaps more true than you realize. If you've surfed the boards for a while, you've probably encountered the tactic whereby a guru-wannabee tosses out a provocative statement or question of some sort, something which will most likely generate many responses (this is common on ET), one of which may be what the GW had been looking for to make himself, finally, profitable. He then says something along the lines of Aha! You are quite correct. Congratulations. And so forth. Then, when whatever it is doesn't work, he will then come back with another provocative statement/question and go through the process yet again.

Good trading to you, new trader.

But that is exactly what you do DB ! This is the best description of your very self you have ever given !

I am truly gobsmaked ! I really am !

socrates....what is your point ? have you applied the 'something' today. what have you done, what have you traded, have you made much? .....of course you dont have to answer & probably wont........but I am only asking....how do feel about my questions?

or are you still to busy with ' mortal Kombat' ?

dbphoenix said:
Why am I not surprised that you would equate winning the lottery with making a winning trade? This provides a clue as to why you continue to have so much difficulty.

Keep at it, Bertie. You'll get it. Eventually.
:LOL: Are you a tiddlewinks player also or do you just restrain your talents to poker and giving advice about that of which you know very little, if anything ?:LOL:

SOCRATES said:
That is very kind of you indeed, but I assure you that what you know, I am not interested in sharing at all.

It is what you don't know that interests and amuses me.

We are going to call it "Barjon's Dilemma".

You know there is something missing but what it is, well that is another matter.
icon10.gif

I don't know how to cook :eek:

I'm glad that amuses you.

What is missing? A woman in the kitchen!

Finlayson said:
socrates....what is your point ? have you applied the 'something' today. what have you done, what have you traded, have you made much? .....of course you dont have to answer & probably wont........but I am only asking....how do feel about my questions?

or are you still to busy with ' mortal Kombat' ?
How do I feel about your questions ? Indifferent.

How could I possibly have any feelings either about you, or your questions ?

What I have done or not done is none of your business.

SOCRATES said:
But that is exactly what you do DB !

Hardly. I've gone to great lengths to explain exactly what to do. Whether or not anyone chooses to do it is out of my control.

Perhaps if you were to take the time to read rather than compose, you'd learn something.

dbphoenix said:
Hardly. I've gone to great lengths to explain exactly what to do. Whether or not anyone chooses to do it is out of my control.

Perhaps if you were to take the time to read rather than compose, you'd learn something.
You are funny, hilarious ! My compliments to you again.

I expect next year you will get the gong. Several of us are voting for you.:LOL: