Addendum2:Why do so few succeed?

mmm, I see this has developed into something of a week-end knock-a-bout. I was tempted to do a mass cull but it's all fairly entertaining and in reasonably good spirit. And, I think , there is an underlying message that is pertinent to the topic of the thread - why do so few succeed.

Some of our more weighty contributors on T2W do have their differences (occasionally descending to insults, however politely they may be put) but it seems to me that they have one thing very much in common.

That commonality - and the underlying message pertininent to the topic - is that to become a successful trader is a voyage of discovery that must be made by the individual themselves.

good trading

jon

wasp said:
There you go again....

So by stating that you do not need to prove anything, and by saying you will not as we are not deserving, because everyone would then be consequently crawling at your feet in a 'Waynes World' 'We're not worthy' prose, you again, avoid showing your true debatable ability. This then allows you the misguided air of being a guru and the best on the board without actually proving it either way.

Wasp
NO. You have to content yourself with what it is I am willing to give you.

What I give you I give voluntarily with the best of goodwill so that you are able to progress.

You are not entitled to demand.

Already what I am giving you encapsulated as an idea contained in three little words is priceless.

Go and look at them again, Merit Ability and Conduct.

Stare at them if you need to, but use them to bring yourself to progress.

if you do that, and you are able to progress, then that is sufficient reward for me in exchange for having to put up with all this nonsense.

Splitlink said:
I agree with you, Bramble, about being taken in at first. He is another good example of the rude Americanism I heard, quite often, about General Letters that emanated from the head office. These letters were filed into one huge folder and all new recruits found this on his desk, to be read from front to back during his spare time.

This type of waffle was known as "the three b's " i.e. "bull**** baffles brains". Those who resort to so much
prose to express themselves immediately arouse my suspicions because I have been down that road before.

Split

The same applies to you as it applies to everyone else.

counter_violent said:
I will repeat it again , clearly it didn't land the first time around. I have no interest in your methodology.....absolutely none whatsoever......Credibility Mr guru type person Credibility !
I regret to inform you that I have no interest in your specific interest.

My only interest is to try to raise your level of general awareness if I can.

It seems we are at cross purposes.

I am not going to persist in trying to educate you any further.

This you have to do yourself by coming to terms with the three criteria I have mentioned before, which are Merit, Ability and Conduct. That's all.

barjon said:
mmm, I see this has developed into something of a week-end knock-a-bout. I was tempted to do a mass cull but it's all fairly entertaining and in reasonably good spirit. And, I think , there is an underlying message that is pertinent to the topic of the thread - why do so few succeed.

Some of our more weighty contributors on T2W do have their differences (occasionally descending to insults, however politely they may be put) but it seems to me that they have one thing very much in common.

That commonality - and the underlying message pertininent to the topic - is that to become a successful trader is a voyage of discovery that must be made by the individual themselves.

good trading

jon

Dear Barjon,

I do hope on this occasion you will do us the courtesy of not liberally applying the fat finger and instead leaving this thread exactly as it is as a testament to the difficulties people encounter and are unwilling to confront if they are to convert failure into success by dint of sheer effort on three fronts.

Kind Regards.

Charlton said:
Socrates

Thank you for a very clear response. This is indeed a dilemma of a site like this. The medium and, in particular, its anonymity does not lend itself well to elevated discussion.

At the mechanical level it imparts useful information, but the difficulty is, even at this level, the answers can be conflicting and confusing. Take just a simple innocent question such as "What is the best broker for ....." posed by a beginner. It is fraught with danger. The recipient will find it difficult to sort out the conflicting advice, much of which can be subjective. He will also not realise that the problem also lies in not asking the right question in the first place. The more experienced trader will have difficulty and have to spend considerable time explaining the inadequacy of the question and how it leads to a myriad of other questions and a comprehensitve dialogue in order to provide the questioner with the response he really needs. Also as you say, the questioner may not be prepared to enter this dialogue, as he may be seeking a simple answer "Use Broker X".

Finally I should add that given the restrictions of the medium T2W and its moderators do an excellent job.

Charlton
Yes, I agree with you totally Charlton.

The difficulty in all this is that as this is a democracy, it gives the right to everyone to have an opinion. In some ways this is good and in others it is a disaster, because it encourages the least fit, because it is patently obvious that their database of knowledge is not so great, to argue interminably and pointlessly.

I also agree that the moderators do an excellent job, and are to be commended for their even handedness and patience.

Wasp,

I'm sure that by now you understand that this sort of thread is to Bertie as sugar is to yeast, or a pink and amber spot is to an old music hall veteran. A couple of people take his nonsense seriously, but most remember that he won the award for Most Amusing and let it go at that.

The question posed by the thread was answered by #2 and #4, though I would also add "study markets, not gurus". Nearly everything else belongs right where it is: chat.

dbphoenix said:
Wasp,

I'm sure that by now you understand that this sort of thread is to Bertie as sugar is to yeast, or a pink and amber spot is to an old music hall veteran. A couple of people take his nonsense seriously, but most remember that he won the award for Most Amusing and let it go at that.

The question posed by the thread was answered by #2 and #4, though I would also add "study markets, not gurus". Nearly everything else belongs right where it is: chat.

No, study yourself first and then everything else afterwards, i would have thought that having obtained a degree in Behavioural Psychology you would have pounced on this concept instead of expecting others to do it.

SOCRATES said:
No, study yourself first and then everything else afterwards, i would have thought that having obtained a degree in Behavioural Psychology you would have pounced on this concept instead of expecting others to do it.

I didn't "obtain" a degree in Behavioral Psychology, Bertie, yet something else you've gotten wrong.

And if everyone were to study themselves as much as you have (though images of Bertie studying himself are best left unbidden), they'd be wasting as much time spouting nonsense as you do rather than actually doing the work.

Do the work.

dbphoenix said:
I didn't "obtain" a degree in Behavioral Psychology, Bertie, yet something else you've gotten wrong.

And if everyone were to study themselves as much as you have (though images of Bertie studying himself are best left unbidden), they'd be wasting as much time spouting nonsense as you do rather than actually doing the work.

Do the work.
You bought one then....:LOL:

It is not nonsense, the great majority think they know themselves, until they are tested when they place themselves in front of a screen, with a position running.....hahaha.

That is right, very good advice, tell them to do the work, I agree.

To do the work themselves, I mean, yes.

Kind Regards.

Last edited:
My message to all those disatisfied traders who have decided to read this thread in an attempt to get to the bottom of the title question is to learn to scroll and speed read. In part, that is made easier by the fact that most of the rubbish is in purple print, not the real colour of bull, but it will do.

db- I am one of those who takes this form of brain washing seriously, you'd be surprised at the number of people who are taken in by it. There are 50,000 members now, you know, and people like you, who make an effort to get your knowledge across to those interested enough to make contact, are done no favours by
being interrupted by balderdash written in the kind of English that could have been spoken by a vicar in one of Emily Bronte's novels.

Split

Splitlink said:
My message to all those disatisfied traders who have decided to read this thread in an attempt to get to the bottom of the title question is to learn to scroll and speed read. In part, that is made easier by the fact that most of the rubbish is in purple print, not the real colour of bull, but it will do.

db- I am one of those who takes this form of brain washing seriously, you'd be surprised at the number of people who are taken in by it. There are 50,000 members now, you know, and people like you, who make an effort to get your knowledge across to those interested enough to make contact, are done no favours by
being interrupted by balderdash written in the kind of English that could have been spoken by a vicar in one of Emily Bronte's novels.

Split
Yes, the keywords in your post above are "dissatisfied traders" and "to learn".

This to me speaks volumes.

But the problem is that the kind of knowledge you seek is not transferable.
You have to find it yourself within you.

You have to make the effort.

Neither DB nor I nor anyone else can do this for you, because we are not you.

So don't try to wriggle out of it.

As DB and I say to you very plainly "Do the work". That's all.

SOCRATES said:
It is not nonsense, the great majority think they know themselves, until they are tested when they place themselves in front of a screen, with a position running.....hahaha.

There's no shame in not being able to "Cut It" in "Real Time" Socco. I'm sure if you adopted a more conciliatory tone on these boards, traders would come forward to assist you in you quest. Until we see a complete turn around in attitude, i'm afraid you may have a very long wait.You will need to do all this by yourself, with no help from the people who could possibly assist you.

It's one thing knowing the theory of everything under the sun , but quite another when it comes down to the practical.As of today, we have seen no practical evidence that you can actually trade.

SOCRATES said:

Let's not confuse the issue. You've spent 3000 posts talking about the work and how everyone is "unworthy". That you don't understand the difference between talking about it and doing it is why nearly everything you spout is nonsense.

Just do the work.

SOCRATES said:
Yes, the keywords in your post above are "dissatisfied traders" and "to learn".

This to me speaks volumes.

But the problem is that the kind of knowledge you seek is not transferable.
You have to find it yourself within you.

You have to make the effort.

Neither DB nor I nor anyone else can do this for you, because we are not you.

So don't try to wriggle out of it.

Yes, indeed, Socrates, those few words speak volumes. Perhaps there is a lesson in brevity for you.

I came to the conclusion, long ago, that there was nothing useful that could be gleaned from your posts so I have no particular interest in fostering the belief that you bear any similarity in wisdom or relationship to the real person.

Split

Very true.
What really surprises me is how Sharky continues to pay for hosting posts that essentially mean nothing, educate nobody, irritates people and only use up costly server space and bandwidth.
Even more so when everyone thoroughly hates the posts and also because it makes the task of finding real info difficult.

How many threads have been ruined by this monotonous BS?

How many people will get turned off T2W after reading threads like this?

The thread starter last posted on 24/2, which was 9 days ago, do you think you can drag him back after this?

How much would you hate reading through 18 pages, to find maybe 10 informational posts, presuming you had the time to do so?

How much is the forum's reputation losing now, and if permitted to continue, how large would the forum's loss be after even more time?

Most people here have probably already learnt to recognize the BS posts and skip them, so would you really miss those posts?

The funniest thing is Socrates thinks the best and most informative posts were his!

dbphoenix said:
Let's not confuse the issue. You've spent 3000 posts talking about the work and how everyone is "unworthy". That you don't understand the difference between talking about it and doing it is why nearly everything you spout is nonsense.

Just do the work.
What you mean is that what I post is posted in such a way that prevents you and others from corrupting it and using it to your own ends. This is very funny. You have made many less posts than I have, but the main thrust of your posting, and very well disguised it is by the way, is to pretend to be fostering discussion but in fact is a relentless excercise to pick peoples' brains.

I don't do this. I don't need to. I may bring out the mallet regularly or even the little stick that rattles the monkey cage but I don't do what you do.

If no one else spots it, or is able to see through it, I do. I am very sorry that what I post does not solve your riddles. Solve your own riddles. HaHaHa, you are a funny fellow, and a source of wry amusment to several of us, who follow your antics.

Very Kind Regards and Nothing Else.

Last edited:
Kunal said:
Very true.
What really surprises me is how Sharky continues to pay for hosting posts that essentially mean nothing, educate nobody, irritates people and only use up costly server space and bandwidth.
Even more so when everyone thoroughly hates the posts and also because it makes the task of finding real info difficult.

How many threads have been ruined by this monotonous BS?

How many people will get turned off T2W after reading threads like this?

The thread starter last posted on 24/2, which was 9 days ago, do you think you can drag him back after this?

How much would you hate reading through 18 pages, to find maybe 10 informational posts, presuming you had the time to do so?

How much is the forum's reputation losing now, and if permitted to continue, how large would the forum's loss be after even more time?

Most people here have probably already learnt to recognize the BS posts and skip them, so would you really miss those posts?
You are under a misconception as well.

You believe you can come here and pick everyones' brains, just like that, as if we were all here to render you the service of educating you.

I do not view these boards in the way you do , not at all.

These boards are for discussion amongst traders, not information beggars.

If you want to learn, then it is best if you subscribe to an academy instead of a website such as this.

You would do well to read through the Traderpedia for example, and to find yourself a mentor.

I am not here to educate you, I am here to discuss what interests me and occasionally to drop a gem of information here and there, but you yourself have to do the graft, as no one can do it for you.

Addendum:~

Kunal, I have observed that you first logged on to this thread at 4.09 pm. It is now 4.34 pm.
You say in your post above that threads like this one are ruined by monotonous BS.

Then why are you doing the opposite of what it is you ought to be doing, and wasting 25 minutes reading here ? I do not miss a thing and I am very curious as to how you reason, if at all.

Last edited:
Splitlink said:
Yes, indeed, Socrates, those few words speak volumes. Perhaps there is a lesson in brevity for you.

I came to the conclusion, long ago, that there was nothing useful that could be gleaned from your posts so I have no particular interest in fostering the belief that you bear any similarity in wisdom or relationship to the real person.

Split
That person you mention lived in an age in which developed markets did not exist.

Therefore he was limited to putting his attention on matters that interested him and werre in vogue at the time, in antiquity.

Therefore, you should take a leaf out of his book and put your own attention on matters that interest you.

I cannot force you to read what i post, and in any event would not want to.

Nothing stops you from not reading them if you so wish.

I promise you if you decide to do that I shall not be offended in the least.