Addendum2:Why do so few succeed?

Yes. I am assisting Milano in his original query - "Why do so few succeed?". While I am sure he has benefitted enormously from many of your posts in this thread, it is the general nurturing, caring and supporting attitude of all of the more experienced members of a trading community such as ours which go, to a large extent, to making all the difference between failure - and success. Surely you agree?

The humorous banter between us is merely the light-hearted glue that holds together those diffuse and apparently unconnected aspects of our craft, that reduces the strain of a serious subject continuously and assiduously studied and allows for a temporary release from the focused concentration which are all vital prerequisites and characteristics of any trader who seeks to be consistently successful.

You have demonstrated admirably, and as usual, metaphorically, by using language of a coarser nature in contradistinction to your normal erudite style and manner, that you need to be completely flexible in order to be able to recognise, assess and then go with the flow - instantaneously - in a flash - and deliver what is required, when it is required, where it is required.

Few succeed because few are able to do this. Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
tsuntzu said:
Oh golly things have turned sour. Can only think it was the reference to the trinity. That means nothing too me so I wil leave you guys to hammer it out among yourselves. Have fun ! :cheesy:

Actually, the original post #122 was deleted by the mods I think.
:cheesy:

This is because it is a golden opportunity to bring The Trinity to the notice of those who really need to be reminded of it.

woo! i second that!!!! :D

Attachments

• the trinity.JPG
    the trinity.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 284
moderators........why did you remove my post ??

there were no direct insults, no ' having a go'........I was just pointing out something which could contribute to the original question....& this was the the point of emotions taking over & coming to the forefront when we feel like we are losing something or being 'attacked' ........something we are all prone to. something important , I believe , in trading

I just ref to Soc's post as an example

why did you do this please ?

Jay

Last edited:
Apt point in the discussion to insert ...

"Why do so few succeed? " ..because they spend too much valuable time reading threads like this instead of using that time to learn their trade ! ;)

chump said:
Apt point in the discussion to insert ...

"Why do so few succeed? " ..because they spend too much valuable time reading threads like this instead of using that time to learn their trade ! ;)

yep.

losers learning how to lose!!

:eek:

Finlayson said:
moderators........why did you remove my post ??

there were no direct insults, no ' having a go'........I was just pointing out something which could contribute to the original question....& this was the the point of emotions taking over & coming to the forefront when we feel like we are losing something or being 'attacked' ........something we are all prone to. something important , I believe , in trading

I just ref to Soc's post as an example

why did you do this please ?

Jay

jay,

i'd deleted the socrates post which you had quoted and yours didn't seem to sit comfortably without the context of the deleted post.

good trading

jon

Fair play Jon

& thanks for responding

Chump

you are right to some degree. I try to avoid looking at this website as much as I can as all things like this can be distracting & when trying to trade full time you don't need that........but I am human & I will admit I do like gossip & will admit I do find it amusing when the s**t starts flying on here.......I am not so 'up myself ' I wont admit that:)

I will also say that this forum caused me personally a lot of destructive doubt .....especially in the early days & this can be very bad for your trading.....it caused me to constantly question what I already believed....saying that through this forum I have come into contact with some useful info which has contributed to where I am at the moment.......so I guess it balances out.

.......but yes I would agree with you as that is all some people must have time for.

saying that I best listen to my own words & do more constructive stuff :)

Jay

What with the mention of "The Trinity" etc,etc. I think our old friend Socs is pulling religion in here somewhere. I hope he isn't about to declare himself to be the one true GOD - perhaps sitting on Mt Olympus ?? I wouldn't be too surprised if he did though ???????????????
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hopefully no-one is taking all this banter, verbal custard pie throwing fest too seriously.
What were we talking about again ?

Last edited:
Yes, open wide, here comes the aeroplane...

But I am not bothering to spoon feed you.

After all, it is Friday night and after two whole days of silence you have the whole weekend to discuss it among yourselves.

Charlton said:
Socrates

In the past I have thought that I understood what you are saying , and from your PM to me I trust that you know that I understand what you are saying.

However, although I am not religous, I find your comment about the Trinity particularly difficullt to comprehend and therefore disturbing. I want to be challenged but not disturbed.

I would be very grateful if you could try to clarify it, either in PM or publicly, because I really would like to understand what you are saying.

Charlton
And incidentally, I have just completed a meticulous and careful audit of every single PM I have ever sent to anyone since I joined this forum on the 27th April, 2004. I am not in the habit of destroying records, so there can be no argument on that. I have also done the same with all the PMs I have recieved since the same date.

Your name, "Charlton" does not appear on any of these records.

So now I am at a loss to accept why it is you imply you and I may have had some sort of secret correspondence. I want it publicly known it is not the case.

Nudges welcome

SOCRATES said:
JumpOff above, in her post has explained it to you very clearly, there is no need for me to expand on it any further, as it should be patently clear that my post has nothing whatsoever to do with religion, it has to do with the self introspective reality traders must face in order not to fail. That's all.

Socrates

It was not patently clear at the time of your postig and prior to the explanation by JUmpoff and yourself. Now it is clear.

Sometimes you arrive at a cross-roads and there are several signs at slightly different angles and you are not sure which one applies. I find this particularly at French cross-roads. Thus a little nudge in the right direction can help !

Charlton

Charlton said:
Socrates

It was not patently clear at the time of your postig and prior to the explanation by JUmpoff and yourself. Now it is clear.

Sometimes you arrive at a cross-roads and there are several signs at slightly different angles and you are not sure which one applies. I find this particularly at French cross-roads. Thus a little nudge in the right direction can help !

Charlton
You must never muddle religion with business, they are two distinct and different things.

Dinner talk

SOCRATES said:
You must never muddle religion with business, they are two distinct and different things.

The old adage is never talk politics, religion or sex at a dinner party. Should we add business to that - or does it fall within one of the other three categories already ??

:D

Charlton

Charlton said:
The old adage is never talk politics, religion or sex at a dinner party. Should we add business to that - or does it fall within one of the other three categories already ??

:D

Charlton
I am not averse to discussing anything over dinner. I am not averse to discussing trading over dinner, lunch or breakfast for that matter. But I am averse to discussing with anyone who is not proficient in all the ramifications of the art, otherwise it inevitably develops into the most tedious of persistent one sided head drilling any living mortal could be expected to tolerate.:LOL:

Why discourse with the non-proficient ?

SOCRATES said:
I am not averse to discussing anything over dinner. I am not averse to discussing trading over dinner, lunch or breakfast for that matter. But I am averse to discussing with anyone who is not proficient in all the ramifications of the art, otherwise it inevitably develops into the most tedious of persistent one sided head drilling any living mortal could be expected to tolerate.:LOL:

Socrates

I think you are being a bit hard on your dinner guests !

Not everyone is proficient, but as long as they are open to learning, would you not acknowledge that they are worthy of discourse even though the balance in terms of proficiency and knowledge would be in your favour.

Becoming proficient in all the ramifications of the art takes time and experience. There is also the argument that if they are fully proficient why do they (or indeed you) have any need whatsoever to discuss the art. Perhaps that is the point that you are making, although it does not quite correlate with your first sentence which states that you are willing to discuss the art.

I hope you understand the dilemma to which I am alluding

Charlton

Last edited:
Charlton said:
Socrates

I think you are being a bit hard on your dinner guests !

Not everyone is proficient, but as long as they are open to learning, would you not acknowledge that they are worthy of discourse even though the balance in terms of proficiency and knowledge would be in your favour.

Becoming proficient in all the ramifications of the art takes time and experience. There is also the argument that if they are fully proficient why do they (or indeed you) have any need whatsoever to discuss the art. Perhaps that is the point that you are making, although it does not quite correlate with your first sentence which states that you are willing to discuss the art.

I hope you understand the dilemma to which I am alluding Charlton
I have just come in and seen your post.

I have to attend to other matters so at this moment I haven' t the time to spare to adress your dilemma with the proper attention it deserves. I will be adding to this very post later, probably this afternoon or evening.

Addendum:~

With regard to your first paragraph above, it is not a matter of whether they are open to learning, it is a matter of whether in the first instance they merit to be taught anything.
The kind of behaviour one frequently encounters on these boards is a testament to the general unsuitability of many individuals to be entrusted with valuable expertise.

With regard to your second paragraph, you are right in that it takes a very long time to be able to master the topic fully, from the very beginning in mechanical form right up to the end in an elevated art form, for want of a better description. For this reason the topic can only be discussed at an elevated art form level selectively. To be able to discuss at an elevated art form level with equals is a delight. The nature of public boards requires such discussions to take place exclusively in private.

To try to discuss othewise presents a frightful bind. Witness my attempts on these boards to do so, only to be bombarded with insults and irrelevant naff commentary. Therefore any discussion has to be reduced to what is mainstream and no higher, and even so, it presents difficulties.

It then causes those of us able to discuss at an elevated art form level to be circimspect, and in the worst case scenario, to clam up. Then nobody manages to learn anything at all, because the expertise remains within a very small circle and does not leave it.

No doubt this will serve to stimulate a torrent of abuse yet once again, but since you ask, it is only fair you should be given the correct answer to your questioning on the basis that it appears to be wholly sincere.

Last edited:
:eek: I'm really concerned now about this " missing P M " c'mon ...who's had it ? ...own up .... ....the plot thickens...