Addendum2:Why do so few succeed?

SOCRATES said:
No doubt this will serve to stimulate a torrent of abuse yet once again, but since you ask, it is only fair you should be given the correct answer to your questioning on the basis that it appears to be wholly sincere.
Oh, do give it a break Bertie. When it comes to abuse you're not really one to be raising that as an issue, are you...After all, AFAIAA you're the only one to have had an abusive post deleted by the mods on this thread.

I did try to PM you but you've either turned off that facil or you have just for me, but as a favour I thought you'd want to know your profile still shows the following under 'Interests':-

"telling the truth, with neither fear nor favour, until finally my patience with nearly all of you has been exhausted, and no longer post, but viisit from time to time and view all of this in quiet contemplation and with wry amusement." (sic) {my emphasis}

It's possible (unlikely, but possible) you'd garner a little more credibility be either modifying your text to reflect the reality of your return to verbosity or, (my favourite) comply with it. :LOL:

Milano - are you still reading this thread? Why do so few succeed? Well, to to those two elements I mentioned WAY back (under-capitalised and incompetent) add - "lack of attention to detail".

charliechan said:
TELL THAT TO THE VATICAN!
Don't you consider I have enough nuisance to contend with from obsessed persistent stalkers without having to deal with your suggestion as well ?:rolleyes:

SOCRATES said:
For this reason the topic can only be discussed at an elevated art form level selectively. To be able to discuss at an elevated art form level with equals is a delight. The nature of public boards requires such discussions to take place exclusively in private. To try to discuss othewise presents a frightful bind. Witness my attempts on these boards to do so, only to be bombarded with insults and irrelevant naff commentary. Therefore any discussion has to be reduced to what is mainstream and no higher, and even so, it presents difficulties. It then causes those of us able to discuss at an elevated art form level to be circimspect, and in the worst case scenario, to clam up. color]

In which case, why do you pesist in posting Socrates :confused: ;)

wasp said:
In which case, why do you pesist in posting Socrates :confused: ;)
Read it more carefully this time, let us see if you understand it this time round.
See if you are able to spot the relevant word that gives the whole statement its complete meaning. You may have to read it more than once.

Its alright, I understand now....

By constantly skirting around the issue and by time and time again saying that it can't be discussed with the normal folk of trade2win, you don't actually say anything substantial and consequently can neither be proved right or wrong.

wasp said:

By constantly skirting around the issue and by time and time again saying that it can't be discussed with the normal folk of trade2win, you don't actually say anything substantial and consequently can neither be proved right or wrong.

Pretty much . . . :cheesy:

"Traders" do it in" Real Time".

Anyone can talk a good job.

Looking forward to being proved wrong.

dbphoenix said:
Pretty much . . . :cheesy:

Is that all you can offer, an educated gentleman like you, with a degree in behavioural psychology with which to baffle everyone with gobbledegook, eh ?:eek: Go on tell them the truth, lets see you do it. Why don't you tell them the raw facts about this profession of trading, instead of posturing whenever an opportunity presents itself for you to make opportunistically inept and irrelevant comments ? Go On... :cheesy:

counter_violent said:
"Traders" do it in" Real Time".

Anyone can talk a good job.

Looking forward to being proved wrong.
What for ?
You are another one who has got the wrong end of the stick as well.
What you need to do is to prove it to yourself.
For this, you have to carefully introspect.
You may find it uncomfortable or even unpleasant.
But you yourself have to do it, and persist at it.
No one can do this for you, and nobody will even if they could.
When you do this careful and detailed introspection it will yield to you the proof you seek.
But you have to do the graft, instead of expecting it to be done for you.
The days of your childhood with the aeroplane and the spoon are long gone.

SOCRATES said:
What for ?
You are another one who has got the wrong end of the stick as well.
What you need to do is to prove it to yourself.
For this, you have to carefully introspect.
You may find it uncomfortable or even unpleasant.
But you yourself have to do it, and persist at it.
No one can do this for you, and nobody will even if they could.
When you do this careful and detailed introspection it will yield to you the proof you seek.
But you have to do the graft, instead of expecting it to be done for you.
The days of your childhood with the aeroplane and the spoon are long gone.

Ah! Now this is exactly what I expected, yet another futile attempt at deflection.

I am doing it all for myself, rest assured my methodology is sound.

So, that leaves us with the burning issue, are you a "Talker" or a "Doer"?
Can you "Cut It" in "Real Time"

I have no interest in your methodology.......absolutely none whatsoever......all I want to see are practical demonstrations , in Real Time, of your Trading Ability.

This isn't my credibility on the line, as I don't put myself up as an all seeing all knowing guru type.

Your credibility however is a totally different matter.

SOCRATES said:

Is that all you can offer, an educated gentleman like you, with a degree in behavioural psychology with which to baffle everyone with gobbledegook, eh ?:eek: Go on tell them the truth, lets see you do it. Why don't you tell them the raw facts about this profession of trading, instead of posturing whenever an opportunity presents itself for you to make opportunistically inept and irrelevant comments ? Go On... :cheesy:

The pontif of purple prose . . . :D

counter_violent said:
Ah! Now this is exactly what I expected, yet another futile attempt at deflection.

I am doing it all for myself, rest assured my methodology is sound.

So, that leaves us with the burning issue, are you a "Talker" or a "Doer"?
Can you "Cut It" in "Real Time"

I have no interest in your methodology.......absolutely none whatsoever......all I want to see are practical demonstrations , in Real Time, of your Trading Ability.

This isn't my credibility on the line, as I don't put myself up as an all seeing all knowing guru type.

Your credibility however is a totally different matter.
It just doesn't land does it ?
If you think I am going to waste one more minute arguing with you, you are mistaken.
As for proving anything to you, who are you anyway that I should have to prove anything to you. ?
You could be justified in asking if you or I expected something in return, could you not ?
As I am not prepared to give it to you, the question does not arise.
Because if I did demonstrate to you, I am absolutely guaranteed of being pestered, not only by you personally, but by everyone else on this site. I am not doing it, not because I cannot but because it is not neccessary, and I don't want to either. So there. Just content yourself with what I am willing to give you, which considering your attitude, is much more than you deserve.

SOCRATES said:
Loud and clear ...you cant cut it.
If you think I am going to waste one more minute arguing with you, you are mistaken.
Clearly contradictory
As for proving anything to you, who are you anyway that I should have to prove anything to you. ?
Read between the lines. Your not doing it for me. You would be doing it to quell the readership's belief that your all wind and puff. Or worse.... i'm not even going to go there.
You could be justified in asking if you or I expected something in return, could you not ? Your point is?
Because if I did demonstrate to you, I am absolutely guaranteed of being pestered, not only by you personally, but by everyone else on this site. I am not doing it, not because I cannot but because it is not neccessary, and I don't want to either. So there. Just content yourself with what I am willing to give you, which considering your attitude, is much more than you deserve.
I will repeat it again , clearly it didn't land the first time around. I have no interest in your methodology.....absolutely none whatsoever......Credibility Mr guru type person Credibility !

SOCRATES said:
You could be justified in asking if you or I expected something in return, could you not ?

wasp said:

There you go again....

So by stating that you do not need to prove anything, and by saying you will not as we are not deserving, because everyone would then be consequently crawling at your feet in a 'Waynes World' 'We're not worthy' prose, you again, avoid showing your true debatable ability. This then allows you the misguided air of being a guru and the best on the board without actually proving it either way.

Wasp

SOCRATES said:
I have just come in and seen your post.

I have to attend to other matters so at this moment I haven' t the time to spare to adress your dilemma with the proper attention it deserves. I will be adding to this very post later, probably this afternoon or evening.

Addendum:~

With regard to your first paragraph above, it is not a matter of whether they are open to learning, it is a matter of whether in the first instance they merit to be taught anything.
The kind of behaviour one frequently encounters on these boards is a testament to the general unsuitability of many individuals to be entrusted with valuable expertise.

With regard to your second paragraph, you are right in that it takes a very long time to be able to master the topic fully, from the very beginning in mechanical form right up to the end in an elevated art form, for want of a better description. For this reason the topic can only be discussed at an elevated art form level selectively. To be able to discuss at an elevated art form level with equals is a delight. The nature of public boards requires such discussions to take place exclusively in private.

To try to discuss othewise presents a frightful bind. Witness my attempts on these boards to do so, only to be bombarded with insults and irrelevant naff commentary. Therefore any discussion has to be reduced to what is mainstream and no higher, and even so, it presents difficulties.

It then causes those of us able to discuss at an elevated art form level to be circimspect, and in the worst case scenario, to clam up. Then nobody manages to learn anything at all, because the expertise remains within a very small circle and does not leave it.

No doubt this will serve to stimulate a torrent of abuse yet once again, but since you ask, it is only fair you should be given the correct answer to your questioning on the basis that it appears to be wholly sincere.

Socrates

Thank you for a very clear response. This is indeed a dilemma of a site like this. The medium and, in particular, its anonymity does not lend itself well to elevated discussion.

At the mechanical level it imparts useful information, but the difficulty is, even at this level, the answers can be conflicting and confusing. Take just a simple innocent question such as "What is the best broker for ....." posed by a beginner. It is fraught with danger. The recipient will find it difficult to sort out the conflicting advice, much of which can be subjective. He will also not realise that the problem also lies in not asking the right question in the first place. The more experienced trader will have difficulty and have to spend considerable time explaining the inadequacy of the question and how it leads to a myriad of other questions and a comprehensitve dialogue in order to provide the questioner with the response he really needs. Also as you say, the questioner may not be prepared to enter this dialogue, as he may be seeking a simple answer "Use Broker X".

Finally I should add that given the restrictions of the medium T2W and its moderators do an excellent job.

Charlton

Meant in jest but
I guess you are right

Last edited:
That's harsh Pat, really harsh.... :cool:

We are all here (t2w) for our own reasons and our own needs. And these change over time, as do we, if we stay around long enough. I guess what I'm saying is, at any stage in our development as traders (and human beings too) we reflect where we are and what we want and what we get directly from the posts we make and the exchanges we have with others.

Bertie started off badly, picked up a tide of interest, genuine interest, from me as well as others, and then dissipated himself on the seashore of pointlessness. Trouble is, many didn't realise it was all a joke. But he is extremely good value for money entertainment wise and the site would be much the poorer without him.

I see him as seeing himself as the Grand Whizzard of Trading, purple-robed, complete with turban, whisking aside with a theatrical flourish the purple cloak of impenetrability to reveal...a purple fog of even deeper impenetrability. A trick gone wrong. The Tommy Cooper of Trading Magic.

He's having as much of a laugh with all this as we are. And doing it with a straight face. The man is magic, pure magic and I love him like a brother.

I agree with you, Bramble, about being taken in at first. He is another good example of the rude Americanism I heard, quite often, about General Letters that emanated from the head office. These letters were filed into one huge folder and all new recruits found this on his desk, to be read from front to back during his spare time.

This type of waffle was known as "the three b's " i.e. "bull**** baffles brains". Those who resort to so much
prose to express themselves immediately arouse my suspicions because I have been down that road before.

Split