Your favourite quote.

The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes, and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself. - Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Lucretius

The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling. - Lucretius

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. George Bernard Shaw

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with. - Mark Twain

My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me. - Jim Valvano

No success in public life can compensate for failure in the home. - Benjamin Disraeli

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing. - Abraham Lincoln

Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there. - John Wooden

As simple as it sounds, we all must try to be the best person we can: by making the best choices, by making the most of the talents we've been given. - Mary Lou Retton

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies. - Mother Teresa

Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence is the key to unlocking our potential. - Liane Cardes

In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. - Roosevelt

Courage is the greatest of all the virtues. Because if you haven't courage, you may not have an opportunity to use any of the others. - Samuel Johnson

It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something. -Franklin D. Roosevelt

It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Johann von Goethe

In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins, not through strength but by perseverance. - H. Jackson Brown