Wot Happens Next #4

barjon

Legendary member
Anyone fancy a slight variation on the old Wot Happened Next series? Try it in real time this time and your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to trade Glaxo (GSK).

You must complete a trade (open and close) in GSK during Monday 20th April. Post your trades - entry and exit - promptly, your rationale and a chart pic would be nice. No prizes, just the plaudits of the crowd for good trading.

Here’s a 60 minute chart just to see how we finished up last week, you can trade off any timeframe of course.

081072B5-C260-4983-A327-83F13660E39D.png

Last edited:
GSK.png

I'm long Jon GSK @ 1663.
Rationale: It's a pharma innit - and pharma'a are gonna save the world. Go pharmas go, lead us to salvation! Oh, and the green bars are, well, green.
If not before, exit at market close. I'm out for most of the day, so I'll only be able to monitor the trade sporadically.

Jon - can you do the same for silver - that I can say: I'm long Jon silver.
:p

View attachment 278313
I'm long Jon GSK @ 1663.
Rationale: It's a pharma innit - and pharma'a are gonna save the world. Go pharmas go, lead us to salvation! Oh, and the green bars are, well, green.
If not before, exit at market close. I'm out for most of the day, so I'll only be able to monitor the trade sporadically.

Jon - can you do the same for silver - that I can say: I'm long Jon silver.
:p

I wouldn't stand for this kind of impertinence if I were you Jon. Just kick him off the thread :whistle:

GSK_exit.png

. . . and exit @ 1667.4.
Well, I think this makes me the winnest. Well done me!
I thank you, I thank you. Details of my brilliant strategy will be explained in my forthcoming book entitled: 'Buy on Green & Sell on Red' - available at all good book stores.
This reminds me of why I've never traded UK equities - it's like watching paint dry - dunno how you manage it Jon!
;)

View attachment 278358

. . . and exit @ 1667.4.
Well, I think this makes me the winnest. Well done me!
I thank you, I thank you. Details of my brilliant strategy will be explained in my forthcoming book entitled: 'Buy on Green & Sell on Red' - available at all good book stores.
This reminds me of why I've never traded UK equities - it's like watching paint dry - dunno how you manage it Jon!
;)

Yeah, well done you!! What a share to pick for an opening shot for something different to the bloody virus - a whole 20 point range no less.

Not sure if there’s any interest in continuing the game - not necessarily with GSK where I was trying to pick one that had an interesting starting point (the over-exuberant Friday opening gap) and which moved quite well (ha,ha). If people are interested in having a go say “aye”.