World Cup 2014

Next game i wanna see Ricky Lambert played as a target man. Someone who can hold the ball up and get on the end of crosses. Give Rooney some support

Last edited:
Well done, England ! They at least showed spirit.

If they had known in advance they would do as well as Spain they would have been very pleased.........

LOL

Well actually we have done better than Spain - theoretically - we are still not out the competition yet - so wonder what the odds are for us to stay in and get to the actual final ?

Or shall I buy a lottery ticket instead.

Football is so much like trading - ie a game of 2 halves etc - and you play the probability game - and like England - every time we see them get better - we forget all the other teams seem to do the same ( except Spain lol)

Just like FX trading - every time you up your game and improve - the market finds new ways to win - but now the regulators have fitted " cheat line " technology and all those banks are going to get sent off - along with a big fines ah ah (y)

LOL

Well actually we have done better than Spain - theoretically - we are still not out the competition yet - so wonder what the odds are for us to stay in and get to the actual final ?

Or shall I buy a lottery ticket instead.

Football is so much like trading - ie a game of 2 halves etc - and you play the probability game - and like England - every time we see them get better - we forget all the other teams seem to do the same ( except Spain lol)

Just like FX trading - every time you up your game and improve - the market finds new ways to win - but now the regulators have fitted " cheat line " technology and all those banks are going to get sent off - along with a big fines ah ah (y)
!

Spain did terribly! On the new king's coronation, too!

Heads will roll. :devilish:

Last edited:
!

Spain did terribly! On the new king's coronation, too!

Heads will roll. :devilish:

Hey I've got a great idea. The new King could start a new All Spanish team - The Royals ! Most of whom would be in the Official team.

English football died.
Remember the day villa, forest, pool and dean.
Change England I don't think you can.:(

We played well, didn't fake, foul or disappoint; how ever one reads that is cool.

I still feel good about this team and way we played. Admittedly needs some tweaking but I feel the best is yet to come.

The force is strong with this team. (y)

Well done team England. :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
Fat cats can't play football

We played well, didn't fake, foul or disappoint; how ever one reads that is cool.

I still feel good about this team and way we played. Admittedly needs some tweaking but I feel the best is yet to come.

The force is strong with this team. (y)

Well done team England. :clap::clap::clap:

They lost because they were not good enough. Ignore the excuses or feeble tributes - they lost. The were not hungry, as the other teams are, for success.
(n)

Gary Linker up front
Graham Taylor coach
Queen the president of FIFA
Back to the EPL and cucumber sandwiches.:rolleyes:
4/5 England wont make the next two world cups like going long on the DAX

Gary Linker up front
Graham Taylor coach

Ofcourse we will :)

You are getting ahead of your self now.

Soon you'll be tripping over your self on to your face :cheesy:

Shame Australia didn't end up in the same group as England. Would have made an interesting contrast to batling over Ashes.

They lost because they were not good enough. Ignore the excuses or feeble tributes - they lost. The were not hungry, as the other teams are, for success.
(n)

That's harsh. Fat cats??? :LOL:

31 teams will have to lose.

160+ countries in the World.

Depends how you look at it ;)

Ofcourse we will :):p

You are getting ahead of your self now. :)

Soon you'll be tripping over your self on to your face :cheesy::LOL:

(y)Shame Australia didn't end up in the same group as England. Would have made an interesting contrast to batling over Ashes.
(y)

Won't mention England again.
France look good and well done Costa Rica.
Back to Honduras and Ecuador(another great game)

Good weekend all

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see one English club team with an English only player policy.Getting the best of the home talent togethor to play togethor regularly would surely be a benefit. The present system produces players who have conflicting club interests and look more like a rabble than a co-ordinated team

Last edited:
Gary Linker up front
Graham Taylor coach

The Queen? She likes her beloved gee-gees too much.

And Corgies, of course, Does she change them from time to time? They must be getting a bit old, otherwise.

Come on Iran (y)

Interesting photo!

Bqkg09XCAAExEMK.jpg

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/themar...nvestigate-world-cup-wheelchair-ticket-fraud/

Brazil v Argentina or Brazil v Netherlands world cup final looks a good bet.

So, down to the last 16. A lot of teams who ought to be on the list are not. This according to the betting odds.
Last 16. Nine teams qualified from the above 50% group and 7 teams from the below 50% group. Something to ponder there for anyone taking a punt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/2014/schedule/group-stage

I've done quite a bit of football betting in the past and it's staggering just how many of the teams expected to win, either lose or end up a draw. So even though there will be favourites in each of the next eight games, it's almost certain that 2 or 3 favourites will fall by the wayside.

So, time for my predictions all the way to the final...... join in if you like !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/2014/schedule/knockout-stage

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

L16 BRZ - CHI fav BRZ WIN
L16 COL - URU .....COL WIN
L16 FRA - NGA .....NGA WIN
L16 GER - ALG fav GER WIN
L16 NED - MEX fav NED WIN
L16 CRC - GRE fav CRC WIN
L16 ARG - SWI fav ARG WIN
L16 BEL - USA ..... USA WIN

QF1 BRZ - COL fav BRZ WIN
QF2 GER - NGA fav GER WIN