Work in trading or TA

Tubbs

As I live for trading almost - and at this present time can't find a technique that allows me to trade for a living - I wondered if anyone out there knew of possible companies that may be interested in a Master Grad in Mech Eng with a hefty - if albeit informal - knowledge of the markets and TA. Needless to say I'm not a Oxbridge grad or son of a lord so an investment bank is well out. Anybody got any other ideas?

Tubbs,

There are many trading firms you can go to (arcades like Schneider, Mac,...) there are a few out there. But a warning it will not be easy and you would have to be able to sustain yourself for at least six months. You will be able to get in without being an Oxbridge grad or son of a lord, but surviving would be hard in the initial period.

Prop firms

I am aware of the prop firms - and have already gone to see one last year. I almost went for it until I heard about the £1500 monthly seat fee. That makes it pretty much a scam in my book - or at least a very risky proposition without an excellent trading record.

Well you can think of it like that, as long as you do not put any money down, and as long as you have enough to sustain yourself for about six months, then the only risk you have is the time and the money you will spend maintaining yourself for those six months. If it does not work then it was free training!!!

depends how you see it!! I wouldn't though put any money down until you have a robust strategy that makes profit after costs.