Whose Site is it Anyway!

LM

It is not something I have done before and if possible I didn't know about it but even if I had my time is quite limited and there is more resource to do this from Monday. My role is now purely technical for moderation purposes and dealing with the armies of multi-nics and spammers which we are seeing a significant increase in.

LM

It is not something I have done before and if possible I didn't know about it but even if I had my time is quite limited and there is more resource to do this from Monday. My role is now purely technical for moderation purposes and dealing with the armies of multi-nics and spammers which we are seeing a significant increase in.

that's ok, you had me thinking i was going mad and my memory was playing tricks on me in that thread, no worries :D

make sure jon teaches the new guys these things (y)

Re: Is it true that scalping doesn't work???

all of the above? tbh i'm a bit lost where he now sits in the scheme of things :confused:

It is rather confusing. Staff will no longer have a moderating role apart from certain staff who will !

It's obvious to me why staff shouldn't moderate, although if t2w want to let them, that's obviously there call. The current policy seams to accept that there's a potential conflict of interest, then try's to address the problem, and then immediately back tracks re creating the original problem !

It would be just cleaner all round if Steve said well use who the hell we like to moderate, and if you don't like it just feck off

Its kind of like Steve's "this is not a freedom of speech site"' and Tim's assertion that "freedom of speech takes top priority". Clear as muddy mud.

Its kind of like Steve's "this is not a freedom of speech site"' and Tim's assertion that "freedom of speech takes top priority". Clear as muddy mud.
the hare,
Quite literally, you are the only member (that I'm aware of) out of the hundreds of thousands that T2W has - that appears to have a problem over this. Why is that I wonder? Let's address it once and for all. And this response also answers in one fell swoop all of the questions you raised in this post

The site has clearly defined aims and guidelines which members agree to when they sign up. As with any democratic community, there are rules. I don't know about Malta where I believe you live but, in the UK and US where many members reside - the following principle applies. In both countries, people can say and do whatever they want - so long as they don't cross some pretty obvious and basic boundaries. For example, they can't rape, pillage and murder one another without there being some form of redress. In its own way, T2W is a mirror of these wider communities. Of course, you know and understand all of this perfectly well. The fact that you try to make capital out of the situation is yet more evidence - if it were needed - of your anti-T2W agenda. That you're allowed to continually undermine the good efforts of everyone who tries to make this place as good as it can be is further testimony that it's a very liberal and democratic environment where only the most extreme violations of the site's guidelines results in serious punitive action.

For one final time, just to make sure you're really crystal clear on this (very simple and basic) issue: so long as your conduct on the site is within the guidelines and is in the best interests of the community as a whole (i.e. helps to achieve the aims of the community) you can say whatever you want. It's that simple. It's that clear. There's nothing in the least bit 'muddy' about it.
Tim.

Last edited:

the hare,
Quite literally, you are the only member (that I'm aware of) out of the hundreds of thousands that T2W has - that appears to have a problem over this. Why is that I wonder?

I think the hare is still sore from being banned. Until t2w find a way to reverse this humiliation for him, he's unlikely to be agreeable. Perhaps you just have to let him sulk. Somehow I don't think he will ever be able to come out of it. This is why I never asked him for trading tips even though he attempted to offer it again and again. I reckon a person's judgement would be impaired if he is unable to walk away from a bad deal with a clear head.

It is rather confusing. Staff will no longer have a moderating role apart from certain staff who will !

It's obvious to me why staff shouldn't moderate, although if t2w want to let them, that's obviously there call. The current policy seams to accept that there's a potential conflict of interest, then try's to address the problem, and then immediately back tracks re creating the original problem !

It would be just cleaner all round if Steve said well use who the hell we like to moderate, and if you don't like it just feck off

"Hidden secret agenda" at work. Except for the fact that it's not a secret and it's not hidden either.

I'll just sit on the sidelines as usual and observe it all being played out.
You're not fooling me bud, any of the time !

For one final time, just to make sure you're really crystal clear on this (very simple and basic) issue: so long as your conduct on the site is within the guidelines and is in the best interests of the community as a whole (i.e. helps to achieve the aims of the community) you can say whatever you want. It's that simple. It's that clear. There's nothing in the least bit 'muddy' about it.
Tim.

How would you categorize posts by PBoyles for example ?

Is trying to protect t2w members from a possible fraud in the interests of the community ?

I honestly don't think that you've thought this through at all

I think the hare is still sore from being banned..

I've lost track of the number of times Ive been banned, most of them have banned me at one point or another, and I expect the next lot of mods will have been fantasizing about banning me over the last few weeks.

I've had a few multinics banned too along the way

That's how it works, rules are rules, I complain when others breach them, and its only fair that they are applied equally to all members (and I'm usually the first to be complaining when they are not)

There's usually a lot of lulz associated with my bans, so definitely nothing to be sore about :LOL:

How would you categorize posts by PBoyles for example ?
It entirely depends upon the intention behind them. If the intention is clearly in the best interests of the site and its members - then they're good. This applies to all members - not just PB. Many of his posts are clearly of benefit to the community, as are many of yours - usually when you're discussing trading. However, when you have your anti-T2W hat on, then the intention is clearly not in the best interests of the site or its members. Simple, logical stuff, clearly thought through.

Is trying to protect t2w members from a possible fraud in the interests of the community ?
Yes.

I honestly don't think that you've thought this through at all
Well, you're entitled to your view. You're wrong, of course, but you're entitled to your view all the same!
:p
Tim.

when you have your anti-T2W hat on, then the intention is clearly not in the best interests of the site or its members.

I would respectfully disagree. That isn't always necessarily the case, and its a gross over simplification.

I am afraid to say that either knowingly, or perhaps perfectly innocently, or even by mistake, t2w has not always acted in the best interest of its members. Mistakes have been made, and even acknowledged. I would argue that by pointing out these issues that I was acting in the best interest of the sites membership, but you would perceive my actions as having an anti t2w agenda.

You are taking the position that t2w are always right, but as history has shown, you are often wrong. I'll refrain from providing examples on this occasion as its off topic, but we all know the score.

I also acknowledge that on occasions I indulge in lulz, purely for the sake of lulz, and that t2w are often a target. However, even you would have to agree that under these circumstances there's a gross "inequality of arms", I am one member, t2w has the power of moderation, superior numbers etc.

And so who is going to get the last shot in ?

As Ole Welly said - it could be a close run thing.

No one knows who the posters behind internet handles are , perhaps portray themselves as t2w antagonists , but could really vendors /bucket shop agents to spread the bucket shop propaganda to new traders to keep stops tight enough to be hunted.

The Hare might fight the criteria.