Who do you respect most in the money world ?

Nowler,

By any chance do you have an opinion on the gold standard? Would you be in favor of it if there was talk of going back on it in Britain?

Oh ya!
Back when money was kinda worth something!

Moving back to the gold standard is not going to happen because it will removed the central banks ability to print money.
Look at how eager they are to print money... does that look like the actions of people who would be willing to go back to the gold standard?

I remember seeing figures before: The Fed creates $900 out of thin air for every $100 of gold, and then commercial banks creates $9,000 out of thin air for every $1000 they have. Is it any wonder the shit hits the fan when we have a run on the bank? :)

Its a good question -
Alan Farley
Alpesh Patel
Richard Dennis
Thomas Bulkowski
Al Brooks
Mark Rivalland
Michael Covell
Linda Bradford Raschke
Mark Douglas

I think all the above are or were traders. Its not that I don't respect Warren Buffet and Jeff Bezos but whatever they have done, they're still not traders.

Y
Its a good question -
Alan Farley
Alpesh Patel
Richard Dennis
Thomas Bulkowski
Al Brooks
Mark Rivalland
Michael Covell
Linda Bradford Raschke
Mark Douglas

I think all the above are or were traders. Its not that I don't respect Warren Buffet and Jeff Bezos but whatever they have done, they're still not traders.
You note some great traders but the thread says " in the money world " which includes traders and many others.

Is Elon Musk your hero ? A bit wayout sometimes I think but worth considering.
His latest pronouncement is a new fast and cheap internet service that is beamed down from satelites and should only cost about $4.99 a month to everywhere in the world. The thieving baskets like Verizon, T Mobile etc. are in for a shock and probable bankruptcy.

Is Elon Musk your hero ? A bit wayout sometimes I think but worth considering.
His latest pronouncement is a new fast and cheap internet service that is beamed down from satelites and should only cost about $4.99 a month to everywhere in the world. The thieving baskets like Verizon, T Mobile etc. are in for a shock and probable bankruptcy.

I'm very interested in the neural networks he talks about .

I'm very interested in the neural networks he talks about .
A great pity the world leading company that produced deep learning was flogged off by the unpatriotic City Slickers, to the Yanks.
No country can afford to keep letting it's best companies get flogged off to their opponents.
Competition around the world is hotting up. The worn out old system from the 19th century must be updated as soon as possible to compete effectively.

Last edited:
Warren Buffet's name keeps cropping up and rightly so. He has been ably assisted over the years by a smart man called Charlie Munger who deserves some credit too for teamwork.
Reminds me of another notable team of Lord Hanson and Mr. White who in a few short years built Hanson Industries from $2,000 and a phone etc.

A great pity the world leading company that produced deep learning was flogged off by the unpatriotic City Slickers, to the Yanks.
No country can afford to keep letting it's best companies get flogged off to their opponents.
Competition around the world is hotting up. The worn out old system from the 19th century must be updated as soon as possible to compete effectively.

Do you see Patriotism as a good thing?
I have become a lot less patriotic in recent years.
I've also stopped caring about changing things such as government policies etc...

Now if I don't like something in a country - like with Ireland - I just leave :)
I don't see the point in wasting my precious time trying to turn big old ships around... if they will even turn at all!

A truly free market would solve a lot of our problems, but it's been made abundantly clear that this will not be allowed.
So rather than bang my head against the wall, I stopped caring :)
Now I look after number 1 - for the most part.

Warren Buffet's name keeps cropping up and rightly so. He has been ably assisted over the years by a smart man called Charlie Munger who deserves some credit too for teamwork.
Reminds me of another notable team of Lord Hanson and Mr. White who in a few short years built Hanson Industries from $2,000 and a phone etc.
I do wonder sometimes if Charlie gets annoyed that Warren gets all/most of the recognition, lol
They are definitely a duo!
Neither would be who they are now without the other.

I think Amazon's Jeff Bezos ( world's richest man ) must be up amongst the greats too.
And Microsoft's Bill Gates.
Both philanthropists.

I think many of the above would attribute their success to being in the right place at the right time and luck.