Which moving average type do you use ?

Attila the trader

I'm referring to the types not the lengths (EMA, SMA, WMA) etc... is one better than the other, what advantages do you get ? . what about the more fancier ones like Hull ?
I use 9 , 20 , and 50 ema.

Exponential is better for me as i want quicker entries even though the SMA is a little more confirmed. All depends what you want to use it for

I only use moving averages on the daily chart, and that would be the 21, 100 and 200

I'm referring to the types not the lengths (EMA, SMA, WMA) etc... is one better than the other, what advantages do you get ? . what about the more fancier ones like Hull ?
I use 9 , 20 , and 50 ema.
I trade based on price action. However, at the beginning of my trading career, I was a fan of using indicators. Simple Moving Average was my most favorite. I found EMA worked better at minor time frames. However, SMA seemed to be more consistent at major time frames.

I usec to use a 50 and 15 then wait for that crossover for entries.
Now I just use price Action nothing against emas just prefer the cleaner charts

I always use EMA, not for any technical reason of preference but just because more people use EMA than SMA.

Its hard to see that it matters much in practice. As long as you stick to the one choice.