Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Awesome reversal off YM pivot S1 as Naz Comp refused to make a LL, opting for the triple bottom instead. Interesting that TICK kinda did the same. The movie certainly speeded up just after 19:00. :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    290.5 KB · Views: 173
even i am buying at these levels...

long from 10816...

positive divergances on pretty much every time frame up to the hourlies...

plus also its a pattern trade:- closing at the low of the day is pretty bullish.

possible gap-up tmr...

Dow is heading 11000 by year end.

11,000 is over.......

Done and dusted.......

Should we break above 11,000 then that'll make the prices jump even higher to absurd levels. I think we're already pretty absurd...........

The technical assumption that I can make is should we break 1200 on the S&P then that would indeed open the gates to 1000 next year.....

10700 for the Dow next stop.......which could provide mega support and then that could send us back to attempt 10950 rather then 11,000 :devilish:

But it seems more and more likely that the more investors feel bullish and believe it'll happen that basically equates to more chance of downside........

So Goodluck all

I want the Dow to close below 10860 at 19:00 that should start a slide in relation to the 30min chart I am watching.......

which it surely did and the slide followed.....now for 10710.....

surely everyone is bearish at the mo User ;)

from assorted sources, i have read words to the effect that the Santa rally has been and gone", "the top is in" etc....

it doesnt really look like a top just yet, and we havent had a proper blowout IMHO..

im bullish until a retest of 10900 before friday NFP ;) at the very least...

FC

Looks like Im going to have to do some more work

Im still bullish 11400 but not looking for a drop below 10779

11000 will wait and see. Everyone seems to be saying dow is heading for an end of year rally. Will wait and see.. on the weekly chart it looks like it is been consolidating. Waiting for a pop. provided the conditions are right. it has been in this range since fe2004. Will be interesting to see if it finally breaks out or down

FetteredChinos said:
surely everyone is bearish at the mo User ;)

from assorted sources, i have read words to the effect that the Santa rally has been and gone", "the top is in" etc....

it doesnt really look like a top just yet, and we havent had a proper blowout IMHO..

im bullish until a retest of 10900 before friday NFP ;) at the very least...

FC

Well you have your logic behind your argument for long.

The Bullish confidence indicators are high. Vix is low. That is still showing over confidence in price to move higher.........

I ain't suggesting a massive decline just yet but a move towards 10700 is on the cards.........possibility of range trading from 10700 to 10950 could be likely into the year end and then declines..........

We'll see what happens.......should be interesting as always

With incomes rising faster than spending, the personal savings rate improved to negative 0.7% from negative 0.8%. The record low was in August at negative 2.2%. The savings rate has been negative for six of the past seven months.
Rest of article

Just to add my tuppenyworth
I think it should open well up and go on a bit before it stalls.

open then up to 920 down to 852 then rocketship 11005 today, tomorrow 11050ish

Still seems fake......

Should stumble somewhere. Reason for rise is probably due to the rise in the Nikkei......

Lets see what happens......Good Shorting levels imho....

User said:
Still seems fake......

Should stumble somewhere. Reason for rise is probably due to the rise in the Nikkei......

Lets see what happens......Good Shorting levels imho....

I would say that more like the excuse rather than reason ;)

I would say that more like the excuse rather than reason

I agree totally. The really reason is the belief........of the bull run which is ending......

Yesterday most like that the institutions sold and today we see the public buy......

Lets see if that will be the case...........a slide into negative would be fantastic but thats only because my stance is bearish........ :devilish:

not til we hit 930 please User... ;)

i'll be scaling into shorts at 100pt intervals above 10950 though to join you lot...

FC