Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Frugi. I like you, although i am not gay or anything. BUT. Buying this market would take a person of your nature. You seem, cool, calm and collected. Personally, i'll wait for my meagre view. It's due some up, but not a lot. Joke: What's the point of buying into a falling market?

None: Unless you are, Game over 22. Or sommin' like that!

dc2000 said:
"wall street daily cash" think it should be renamed "Wall street daily crash"

Phew, there is a bright side here dc ...... Blackpool residents won't need their sun glasses to obscure the view

Well its all over. The Bears and Bulls are headed home and all is quiet.

Will the originator 'User' of this thread please start anew, preferably titled ' What's happening to the Dow?'...

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank both originator and followers of this forum for their professional sarcasm, wit, knowledge, astuteness towards worldly happenings and blatant **** take,. Its been a wonderful forum to read.

May your trading in 2006 be short on loses and long on profit.

Yours

UK

A warm hearted thanks for your comments ukhero.

I was just about ask if we should start a similar thread for next years activities and it seems like we have some appreciation for all that took part.

A thread which had many views, many posts, many participants and many visitors. Oh we had a few arguments as well. All the ingredients for an excellent thread which was successful due to the participation of most T2W members.

Before I start a new thread for next years fiasco's could we please have some suggestions.

So the Dow ended down for the year and its fair to say that yes are still sitting near highs but the year of 2005 was not much more than whipsaw......

Next year 2006 seems likely to be a negative year but the one assumption that I feel will be most likely next year is........Increased volatility.......

I would like to carry out some more concise research but I'm inclined to say that the Dow will top this years highs next year.......11,000 could well be taken on the upside which should then lead the way to a decline below 10000......

Yes I did suggest we will see 10400, 10200 and 10000, 9800.......not all occurred....but when the Dow was sitting high and pretty I conducted a poll asking members if they think we will hit or close above 11,000.....in which I answered no touch 11000 let alone close above it......

This year I'm not sure on 11,000 but I feel more good about the difficult number then I did this time last year.....10,000 also looks good.......

Yes this year was difficult to trade in as on a 1 year basis you could say the Dow did nothing!.....We finished where we started and the Dow gave us less than 900 points in range..........It will be a better 'trending year' but my advise would be to all, if you can't be versatile than learn.....Its going to be a B***h of a year.......

Going back to my earlier request.......please post you suggestions for a new name for this thread in 2006......and please try to keep them professional.......I know Rudeboy will definitely give some 'dodgy' ones! :devilish:

May I also take this opportunity to thank all at T2W and from me to all that read this thread the following message is for you.....

“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.”

The opportunity is present, whatever 'you' want, 'you' make it happen!

HaPPy NeW YeaR.......2006 bring it on........ :!:

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Happy New Year to you all

Dow 2006 be short on loses and long on profit. ukhero post would be a good name for 2006

Rustic

Apologies User, I have started a thread about 2006, I did not know you had intended starting another one and don't want to appear to be in competition to yours

Hello, folks. I hope you all have a good one! User, i've got some Terry Bull suggestions for 2006. But, i think you should just change the 5 to a 6. Without a doubt i have enjoyed this thread the most.

I'll try and post some 'sober' thoughts next year!

RUDEBOY said:
Hello, folks. I hope you all have a good one! User, i've got some Terry Bull suggestions for 2006. But, i think you should just change the 5 to a 6. Without a doubt i have enjoyed this thread the most.

I'll try and post some 'sober' thoughts next year!

I'm with rudy on this one 2006

C V

Where is the Dow &...

How could i ever feel at home again, without seeing this on the boards?

Seriously though! I personally think the Dow creates an uglier picture long term than the rest of the U.S. majors. When i say uglier, i don't mean 'downside', i mean classic lines. I'm definately bearish about the majors in the mid, although, because i believe that the wedge is nearing the end, i think the majors could show volatilty before the decisive move. I could toss a coin, but that's not my style.

I'm going for a break through LTS this year.

Sell it through?

Yours.

Definately the best thread onT2W
Didn't make a million last year but maybe next year !!
Thx everyone

Apologies User, I have started a thread about 2006, I did not know you had intended starting another one and don't want to appear to be in competition to yours

No problem Racer. I should have posted earliar I was just a little busy......

I dont mind the other thread but I just want to get the name perfect for 2006 as I think its going to be great!.....

So if you don't mind could we change the name and start for Monday/Tuesday? Any other name suggestions please?

NEW name

User said:
No problem Racer. I should have posted earliar I was just a little busy......

I dont mind the other thread but I just want to get the name perfect for 2006 as I think its going to be great!.....

So if you don't mind could we change the name and start for Monday/Tuesday? Any other name suggestions please?

Hi try, The Dow Diversity or ----------The Dodgy Dow
regards :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The fundamentals do not support higher stock markets in the US now or into the near future. Unless there is an explosion of earnings, ever higher ratings cannot be justified so at best the markets will mark time around current levels. Tech stocks are already priced for supersonic earnings growth and have little or no yields to talk about so you can discount them on the upside. One minor transaction that recently took place in the sector was the purchase of an IBM subsidiary by a Chinese entity, whilst it might not have grabbed too many headlines, it should start alarm bells ringing. The Chinese can now manufacture their own computers and are no longer reliant on imports (ouch), this means less sales for the likes of Hewlett Packard and Dell.

The telcos are under severe threat from voice over the internet which leads to erosion of margins, falling revenues, redundancies and lower profits. Witness the moves made by Hutchinson in the UK; selling or giving away state of the art phones in order to attract new subscribers.

Who are the latest targets of Elliott Spitzer? The Music industry. They will pay the price like others before them for breaking laws and fleecing the public. Do people ever stop to ask who the losers are in these cases? Shareholders. The drug sector seem to be beset with massive problems, it is like roaches coming out of the woodwork and each week brings another one.

Just as the bulls thought it could not get any worse and Fannie Mae comes along to wreak havoc in the financial sectors. This has the potential of making the woes of the drug sector look like a minor headache and shake the banks' very foundations, at worst, it could lead to a crisis.

How long can the markets ignore the twin deficits; falling dollar; rising commodity prices and the rising number of companies filing for Chapter 11? For those that have been around long enough, it is time to dust off those magazines and books and revisit the 1980s. The Japanese claimed that they could defy gravity and Western style stock valuations did not apply to them, their stock markets were the largest in the world. A few years later, stocks tanked and have continued downwards ever since, they are still over 72% down from their peak. Every now and then, we hear that Japan has turned the corner and it is a new era; new gullible investors get sucked for 6-18 months before finding out that they have ended up with dreadful investments. That cannot and will not happen to us, I hear you say; think again, the Japanese uttered the same words. They tried all the tricks in the book to avoid it but they ultimately failed.

Back to the original question - Where goes the DOW in 2005.

Answer:

Down a black hole. A fall to 6500 would be appropriate and provide fair value (I do not need psychiatric help). Rising interest rates do not bode well for stockmarkets and it is very difficult for shares to rise when bonds are falling.

These are my personal views and you act on them at your peril.

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

This is so true

bottoms in the stock market all allways coinident with "lousy fundamentals"......cant ever remember when we didnt have lousy fundamentals at some point in time....a lot in fact....so how did the dow get from 700 to 14000 through all that.....-g-

Errrrrrrrrrrrr don't want to be a little picky guys, but this is the 2005 thread ??

Errrrrrrrrrrrr don't want to be a little picky guys, but this is the 2005 thread ??

Yes, our new friend magma has been grave digging and has briefly resuscitated some old and crusty threads from the past, He won't for much longer though if he puts his sig back up ...again! ;) :D

Oh well.

Lightning McQueen- I say we add onto these old crusty threads (lol) and freshen them up a bit!

DOW rallied nice today. If oil stays low DOW will rally again tomorrow.

eh I would rather post @ Dow 2008 thread :) haha

What a journey this thread went through! Wow looking back at it now brings back so may memories and so many contributions from many T2W members at the time they wrote.

(y)