Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Pretty amazing how close the Dow cash is to the close for 2004, which was 10,783.01.

i expect they will want to end 2005 higher then. I may still see my 750 before a bounce though

dc2000 said:
courage of conviction, this thing better have a zebedee at the bottom!!!
<A class=un href="http://www.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/pby.php?user=amarshak">amarshak - 29 Dec'05 - 21:39 - 2897 of 2935

courage of conviction, this thing better have a zebedee at the bottom

<A class=un href="http://www.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/pby.php?user=amarshak">amarshak - 29 Dec'05 - 21:44 - 2898 of 2935

ah well long at 10805 10780 10765 see you guys in the new year have a great hogmanny do not get too drunk keep safe and easy on the wine 2p. Have a nice one

DC - you also amarshak on ADVFN US traders thread !

aah! at long last, markets moved low enough for a decent entry, long on the march futures at 10787 with a 50 point stop.as you can see hoping to hold this one into the early part of the new year.have a great new years everybody and remember the anadin :LOL:

counter_violent said:
F W I W i'm still bias down, can see nothing to persuade me that a hit on original target of 725 will not be seen. Clearly no interest in any recovery of price yesterday , as the index could'nt even re-trace back to daily pivot @ 830. A break of 725 can not be ruled out, more probable than a year high me thinks.

Happy new year

C V

target hit ....now the question is .....how weak is this index ?

Well done CV. I can hear the fat lady warming up and we seem 260 points short of 11000.

I think you could be ok with a long entry, but personally, I'm waiting until next week for decent volume. I'm really not in the habit of catching falling pianos.

Good question, CV. The window dressing theory seems vacant, and how could anybody rely on half volume unless they believe in some kind of conspiracy or they day trade on past volume. Price trading at this moment in time seems to be all that is left? Now, tell me about Xovers, Gan, Fibbs, VOLUME, Japanese oragami charts....the list is endless.

You are right. To have window dressing, you need to have market participants. This week has been all about hedge funds protecting their meagre gains. I think Tuesday was very telling when we had oil/energy shares being dumped wholesale in almost a panic fashion.

What makes me laugh, is the number of cbsmarketwatch "experts" talking about 11000 close today. We have traded 60% of normal volume for the whole week. Clearly most non hedge fund institutions have wrapped things up for the year.

now the question is .....how weak is this index ?

Pretty damn weak CV, IMHO.........!

The big triangle has broken to the downside, and the only question in my mind is "will the futures traders turn up the tickometer to fill the opening gap when the bond market closes at 19.00gmt and shaft a few bears....?"

when they can forget about inverted curves 'n'stuff.......

(Marilyn Monroe had those didn't she.....!..... :p )

Attached is a triangle update chart, an appropriate Santa image, my Dad, and my Mum....

You were probably wondering......... ;)

Attachments

• 30-12-05.gif
    30-12-05.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Santaa.gif
    Santaa.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Warren-Buffett.jpg
    Warren-Buffett.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 188
  • mysticmeg.jpg
    mysticmeg.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Racer said:
Be careful with those longs ;)

You were right about the longs !!

It's goldilocks I'm worried about, with all the bears getting up steam
LOL

TS, if Septic Meg and Buffet got together, they could do a top spread at a wedding anniversary. Nothing would go to waste.