Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

I think he is about right. The sell at the end of the month and buy at the beginning of the month, by institutions, blurrs things. Anyone who bought the market at yesterdays close and sold at the open made a nice trade.

One thing that I do notice today, is that the yield on the 10 year Treasury Bond is back up at 4.50% again

Gee, make that 4.52%. Gold looking a touch strong. But the Dow up 88. Hmmm, I'm sure my economics degree suggest someone is wrong

Gap…Pop….?

This move will very likely play out in the Pop’n’Drop/Gap’n’Cr*p style imho, and the gap may be filled today or tomorrow…

When the market is consolidating its gains, as now; this scenario often plays out and the resulting chart geometry, possible a triangle, can give a clue to the next move..

Continuation pattern or reversal pattern - it's still in the making...

Purely speculative comment – anything could happen yet…. ;)

Attachments

• 01-12-05.gif
    01-12-05.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 187
whoomph there it is...

unless it gives it some pasta very soon, we are going to get some ugly divergance on the 5 min chart...

Yesterday most like that the institutions sold and today we see the public buy......

Hi User,good to see you back, when you say "public" who or what falls into your description of public?

and there we go...

2/3rd of position lightened at 10,920 for +104pts in 21 hours... ;)

letting rest run, as today has all the hallmarks of a long trend day.....

FC

Hi User,good to see you back, when you say "public" who or what falls into your description of public?

It was an assumption......public - other than institutions

Obviously it doesn't seem like the case......Looking rather solid. Next technical level 10950 failure of which would result in a kick back to 10700.

Hello, FC. Good to see you on the thread again. I'm long at 900, it seems to be aching for the big '11k'.

WASHINGTON (AFX) - U.S. job growth recovered in November, with nonfarm
payrolls rising by 215,000, the best growth since July, the Labor Department
said Friday.
The unemployment rate was steady at 5%.
The figures were in line with expectations on Wall Street, where economists
had forecast a gain of 223,000 and a jobless rate of 5%.
================================

The market does not seem to be very happy about this news.

leovirgo said:
The market does not seem to be very happy about this news.
increase in average hourly earnings.
the highest rate for about three years.

Racer said:
increase in average hourly earnings.
the highest rate for about three years.

Is it inflation adjusted? Given the relatively low saving nature of US people, it's likely to increase consumption..so good for DOW in the long run?

Still buying. 800 again may start freaking me out again......even then? Merry Christmas.

Racer said:
relatively low savings?.. it has been negative for months now
I was trying to be polite. I know which is the world's largest debtor country. :cheesy:

Something to think about for next weeks trading
have a look in the t2w uk traders chat room, discussion on dow, nas etc

Looks choppy for Monday, which often means the calm before the "off". The trend may well imho roll-over and go down.

An interview with Robin Griffiths (Rathbone Unit Trust Management)
Some of the salient points were:-
Bear market in US expected after a dull December.
Could drop as low as 9000/9500 approaching October 2006.
Euro set to rise versus Dollar - target 1.50 in 2006
FTSE lagging US.
Nikkei should be up and through 16,000 in next few months, and possibly on to 19,000
( Bloomberg)