Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Hi Rudeboy
I will wait for now if I miss the move then there's always tomorrow

I dont really want to go short below 11k target

Last edited:
rav700 said:
I guess you were watching bloomberg charting too.. :cheesy:
Hi Rav
That ‘s right.
So often it goes in one ear and out the other – 2 days later I can’t remember quite what was said. That is why I thought I would post a resume. Partly for others and partly to recall the facts or otherwise.
Therefore it is hard to judge the value of guru’s forecasts, if one has forgotten what they said , I hope to then only take notice of the better ones.
Andrew Bell and Tom Hooguard also give their opinions sometimes on Bloomberg.

Tom H on bloomberg.

"Doesn't see significant pull back until Jan 2006."

Now thats interesting WRONG but interesting

dc2000 said:
Tom H on bloomberg.

"Doesn't see significant pull back until Jan 2006."

Now thats interesting WRONG but interesting

Interesting indeed, since that's not what he seems to say on his website.
There are two possibilities here: one is that this is the high of the year and the high of the Bull Run. The other states that we will see a good pullback before revisiting the highs near the 29th December. This means that we could still see 1306 and 1317.
http://www.tradertom.co.uk/analysis.htm

hmmm

Tom's like a weather **** :cheesy:

http://www.tradertom.co.uk/15nov2005.htm

27th of Feb 2006 seems to be a pop date with the cycle and ratio mobs for the rot to start kicking in.

The delta mob have their sacred SLTD point 16 due next year ( the last one 1987)

All fun and games....

Last edited:
So what happens next?

The pullback, but what will be its significance? Well today should see us testing 10950 and a surge through that towards 11,000 but then a reversal which should see us slide back below 10950 but a close above 10900. The question is when a pullback begins will it turn into a slide? Well it could do as just like in March we could give up on 11,000 once again.

Similar stuff on the Nikkei for 15,000.

The GBP and Euro. I've been calling these as buys for a few weeks. They are really giving us some tremendous bottoms. If recall back to end of 2004. We had these at the highs and then a slide came out of nowhere. Well now we have these at the lows and a explosion to upside should occur very very soon......

Goodluck all....

Briefing.com
Buck Falls on Housing Data: The dollar is tentatively giving back recent gains as the market digests data. After having notched 119.94 on the yen, the dollar has backed off to 119.63, while falling off to 1.1767 to the euro from around 1.1712. The spot Dollar Index fell off highs of 92.31 to 91.90. The dollar suffered after the 2.7% drop in existing home sales as speculation mounts that a significant cooling in the sector will impact overall growth and by extension interest rate policy in the new year.

Inversion Conversation: The market has pushed the yield spreads on the 2-3-yr & 2-5-yrs into inversion, although they have had the 2-3-yrs inverted before (early Oct) but the direction appears to have some momentum as well as attention.

The GBP and Euro. I've been calling these as buys for a few weeks. They are really giving us some tremendous bottoms. If recall back to end of 2004. We had these at the highs and then a slide came out of nowhere. Well now we have these at the lows and a explosion to upside should occur very very soon......

What a move.......

Closed out my 10705 long today at 10908 and went short. :p

We might still see an attempt of 11000 but it looks to me like a test of 10800 is more likely.
If it can convincingly break through 10780 then 10600 could be on the cards.;)

FTSE dropped a lot today despite Dow and US being up at the time, it totally ignored the up move and closed at low of the day down 67.8 points.

I wonder will there be similar selling in the US?

Oils were down a lot on FTSE, so perhaps worth watching XOM for weakness as this is a big weight on Dow and S&P

As I speculated last week, I suspect that being the end of the month, there is some window dressing going on. Most hedge funds had a horrible October and I think that there is a squaring of positions going on.

If you look at Monday's and Tuesday's Dow graphs the market started out up then slowly sold off for the rest of the day.

My guess is that tomorrow will be an up day.

The top could well be in place..... :arrowr: :arrowl:

The correction has started..... :!:

Looking more and more certain that this will be more then just a correction...... :arrowd:

Just don't get caught out....... :cry:

I want the Dow to close below 10860 at 19:00 that should start a slide in relation to the 30min chart I am watching.......

User said:

Looking more and more certain that this will be more then just a correction...... :arrowd:

I want the Dow to close below 10860 at 19:00 that should start a slide in relation to the 30min chart I am watching.......

S1 in daily pivot calculation is 10866. May be that's whay it was lingering ...ooops..it's just broken down 866. :cheesy:

User said:

Well it was 10852 at 19.00. I'm looking (and hoping) for a move down to 10785 and, if it breaks that, 10600 on this current cycle. Whats your current target ?

Whats your current target ?

10710 if I use the 4 hour chart........

10950 is the problem area.....

We have a high chance that we won't even see 10940.......

Now we have a bounce as the Feds news came out.......Many would regard that as a bounce from 10850 so that needs to pop now.......

Next 20 minutes are crucial in terms of further downside probe today.....otherwise it leaves the pi**ing about for longer.......