Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

4hrs 12 points ah well theres always tmonday

"8" thats gota be a record

ah missed the edit

TICKing up......

Glad that the shorts got a few points, but those of a bearish inclination might do well to consider the recent messages from market internals registers TICK and TRIN which I find very useful….

TICK represents the number of stocks ticking up minus the number of stocks ticking down on NYSE…when TICK is generally baseing at around zero and peaking high above 1000,the bulls are winning…

TRIN measures stock volatility – when under one, advancing stocks are the major source of volume, and when over one declining stocks are the predominant source of volume flow.

The recent readings have been saying – short me at your peril imho…..it’s going up.. ;)

Attachments

• TICK.gif
    TICK.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 217
  • TRIN.gif
    TRIN.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 187
Well FC I used to hold a prune eating record from my schooldays - 139 in a minute or two, as I recall! Your mission should you choose to accept it! :LOL:
I was hinting at the closure of market tomorrow, and I trust you're more in the know than your post implied! ;)
Cheers
Q
PS - do people buy Bernard Mathews shares at this time of year! :eek: Bootiful!

I wish all you Americans a Happy Thanks Giving.

So what's the DOW going to do Friday?

We've seen a hell of a run of late, but historically this is not abnormal with the run up to TG.

So, will we see a see-saw Friday or a drop of 70pts plus?

I'm not betting. I'm a FTSE man. But if I was to dabble in our American market, I'd plump for a drop.

yours

UK

helpful info

tradesmart said:
Glad that the shorts got a few points, but those of a bearish inclination might do well to consider the recent messages from market internals registers TICK and TRIN which I find very useful….

TICK represents the number of stocks ticking up minus the number of stocks ticking down on NYSE…when TICK is generally baseing at around zero and peaking high above 1000,the bulls are winning…

TRIN measures stock volatility – when under one, advancing stocks are the major source of volume, and when over one declining stocks are the predominant source of volume flow.

The recent readings have been saying – short me at your peril imho…..it’s going up.. ;)

Hi Tradesmart, can you tell us how to get your useful info / charts?
Best Regards :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would like to see Friday as a low high low high day 10900 to 10954 then back and close 10921ish just my thoughts but I dont intend to trade the US until Monday

A bit of a washout Friday but not a million miles away

Lets see if we can hit it with a Bag o Cash Monday and make it fly, well maybe not fly but I want 100 points and I dont take prisoners :LOL:

"What you want to do.....is .....when you see weakness in the background.......keep shorting........just keep shorting....that is what you want to do....nothing else."
icon10.gif

Oh of course ......and lets not forget if you see strength then .........Just keep buying....... And I thought this trading game was hard

dc2000 said:
Oh of course ......and lets not forget if you see strength then .........Just keep buying....... And I thought this trading game was hard

"That's right....you know...when you see a test....a test is a sign of strength....you know....it means the market is likely to go up......what you have to do....is buy the test....and place a stop under the last low".:cheesy:

Very few things surprise me these days

But when I see some posts I wonder not only how the poster makes money trading but if they have ever actually traded in their life

Equities have rallied in World stock markets during the course of the last few weeks. The questions on most traders’ minds are how long will it last and how high will equities go? The bulls have already started talking about the DOW hitting the 11,200 level within the next fortnight and the market reaching record highs within the next 3 months.

To bolster their claims they point to a 15% drop in oil prices; increased profits in the US and a benign inflation outlook. Furthermore, house prices have not hit the buffers yet and the consumer is still fairly bullish. Add to this the fact that the markets tend to have an end of the year rally and one can see why the backslapping is gathering momentum.

Add to this the levels of cash on corporate balance sheets and we can see further upward momentum due to higher dividends, share buybacks and takeovers.

Markets will go higher for now and the bears will be well advised to watch from the sidelines, there is no point in wasting ammunition. When the music stops (as it will), many will be left without chairs and the drop will be significant. The catalysts will be a massive jump in oil and gas prices; the flu virus and or the onset of the worst winter in the last 40 years or so.

For now, forget the nay sayers and LET THE MUSIC PLAY.

dc2000 said:
Very few things surprise me these days

But when I see some posts I wonder not only how the poster makes money trading but if they have ever actually traded in their life
I quite agree with you for once, even less things surprise me nowadays than may surprise you.
icon10.gif

Only predictions these days guys! No more psycho babble, no more economic data without the end product of a trade, no more talking about S/R levels without the trade. This site (or so it is said) is full of BS. Trades only!

at these levels I guess there are a few more takers for 11400 year end than there were at 10300

I am going to blame my new pestering angle on Zigglebiggle, or what ever his name is, so don't blame me for it.

DC. That was not a trade for the open or whenever on the Dow or whatever. Come on now this is a site for trades, not talk.

Right, i'm off to the main boards to pester in the name of trades, not trading talk. Bye.