Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

User said:
Provided we don't close above 10830 at 20.00 then an upward reversal would be over.......

The snap of 10800 could easily occur before 20:00.....

Thats enough charts for now......I'm taking a break.......
At 20.00UK the Dow cash was at 10830 !
So do you think that we are going up or down from here ?

At 20.00UK the Dow cash was at 10830 !
So do you think that we are going up or down from here ?

I was looking at the chart around that time and saw it creeping above and below it....

Is that what it closed at? Thats shocking..... :devilish: That means we will move nor up or down....well thats not possible........ :devilish:

Its hard to say but some data out there is already suggesting the top is in place.......

The markets not interested in moving lower yet.......it will take time but at the same time the contradiction of that being the decline will be quick.......

We have uncertainty regarding moving a 100 points higher or 100 points lower......

If you treat this as longer term trading then these are great shorting levels rather then buying levels.........

a few days out......

Well, a few days out which probably reflects the bullish tone of the market, but almost inevitably, the gap to 10820 was filled today….

A well defined triangle now in the making, and if it proves to be ‘bear’, the 120point height suggests a target of support at 10700; but if the bulls win, the target is a nice round figure from the 10880ish potential breakpoint……

11000……! :cool:

Data later this week could be the catalyst for either direction imho....

Attachments

• 05-12-05.gif
    05-12-05.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 176
good to see you posting again TS...

agreed on 10880-10890 being crucial..

all sorts of buy stops will have been put there hoping to catch the resumption of the bull trend...

if that goes, its going to go kaboom...

was hoping it was going to close above 10850 though.. that is a bit of a stumbling block at the moment..

fc

Great Honk...

good to see you posting again TS...

Thanks FC - just the kind of encouragement I need to go completely OTT.... ;)

But is this 'OTT'......?!?

Probably if you're short of the market just now......!

Charlie Miller is seeing the current 'big picture' setup as a huge inverse H&S..

No prizes for working out the target if it breaks north.....just a lot above 11000....

Great Honk.....!!! :-0 (but not if you're short.....)

Attachments

• Great Honk.gif
    Great Honk.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 177
Channels galore. :)

A mixed bag, but a lot of levels to watch for clues.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    334.9 KB · Views: 198
Just a small point and congrats to Racer on being "promoted" to legendary mummy bear but is there an option to be a bull rather than a bear. If there is, can one have a mummy bull ??
I see frugi is a small bear and may well in the fulness of time turn into what ? A gender change sounds a bit drastic !! LOL

No offence taken hopefully.
But just another observation. Aren't we going down the evolutionary scale here ?
With a lot more posts can I look forward to passing through the bear stage and plumb the depths by being "daddy worm" perhaps ?

Pat494 said:
Just a small point and congrats to Racer on being "promoted" to legendary mummy bear but is there an option to be a bull rather than a bear. If there is, can one have a mummy bull ??
I see frugi is a small bear and may well in the fulness of time turn into what ? A gender change sounds a bit drastic !! LOL
LOL: 'Mummy Bull' is a contradiction in terms. You could be 'Daddy' Bear to Racers 'Mummy' Bear and Frugi could be 'Baby' Bear to complete the set. You could all then have porridge for breakfast every morning !

Alternatively if you really want to be a Bull then you could be a Wild Bull and charge the board intermittently !

its trying to break 10850 in the overnight session...

a break and successful retest will do me nicely, then onto the serious business of 10880...

i believe a break of this would be a larry williams long setup...make of that what you will ;)

hmmm

right on the money coming into the news period....

which way is it gonna break?

hopefully up as im still long from 10816...

Attachments

• up or down.gif
    up or down.gif
    39.5 KB · Views: 161
Dow Futures

FetteredChinos said:
its trying to break 10850 in the overnight session...

a break and successful retest will do me nicely, then onto the serious business of 10880...

i believe a break of this would be a larry williams long setup...make of that what you will ;)
Cash 10857 at 13.20

up we go my beauties :)

watch out for 10880 on the Dow, and 5540 on the FTSE... if they go, we could well hit 11,000 and 5600 in very swift time..

FC

trend is still up...

i suspect a close above 10900.. perhaps right on the 10920 line just to cause further indecision overnight...

will it, wont it, etc..

FC