Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Nice futures action....

10700 now 50 points away......

If the decline starts from here then that will sting much more as the expectation for 10700 is high.....

Oil $62.41 I wander if this is going for the $65 ouch this has too eventually have implications on the markets I do realise that oil stocks are doing very well but any company with Transportation must be squeaking

Heard talk of $70 next stop for oil! Ouch... think I will have to downgrade from a 4.4L

Ouch Ouch!

it does seem to be unstopable who would have thought we would even talk of $70 I have not traded oil for a while as it seems to have a mind of its but so do these markets. These little buy programmes that seem to pop up at support are a pain this market really does need a dam good pullback soon hopefully we are on the way to it now

Would like to see it break 10570 well & truly & close below i think that would then reverse the trend

On the basis that I am looking for a correlation between market direction and liquidity injections through Temporary Open Market Operations from the Fed, and Term Investment Options from the Treasury - I say say we get a down day today.

Net drain on the Term Investment Options is -$11.43b

Expiry of Repurchase Agreements at the Fed is -$7b. I expect the Fed will add sufficient to cover this drain, but the Treasury has no auctions with placements for today.

Edit

Auction results are usually concluded by 3.00bst, with the results posted as late as 3.20.

Last edited:
Something worth mentioning......

We are 65 points away from 10700

We are 65 points away from 10570.

Interesting.....

Minder said:
On the basis that I am looking for a correlation between market direction and liquidity injections through Temporary Open Market Operations from the Fed, and Term Investment Options from the Treasury - I say say we get a down day today.

Net drain on the Term Investment Options is -$11.43b

Expiry of Repurchase Agreements at the Fed is -$7b. I expect the Fed will add sufficient to cover this drain, but the Treasury has no auctions with placements for today.

Edit

Auction results are usually concluded by 3.00bst, with the results posted as late as 3.20.

Auction concluded. $9.5b added today giving a net drain of -$9b.

Let's see if it closes down.

Frustrating action so far...

It was around the same time yesterday that we had a double top at 10700 could we get a double top now at 10670?

well... I've added *big time* to my shorts!! - if you don't see me again on this board... you can guess what happened :)))

User said:
Either way it should be exciting.........
:arrowu: :arrowr: :arrowd: :arrowl:

Now you are a moderator does that mean we have to agree with you or else ;)

Congratulations, User! This place 'really is' going to the dogs! ONLY KIDDIN' MATEY! Well done, on the mod pos, sincerely, RUDEBOY.

Yeh but no but yeh but no but yeh but.....

Yes

So get those shorts in.....

:devilish:

Now who is a bossy moderator then eh?

I'm not bossy :devilish: Its the markets that are bossy! Look at it it's not moving down swiftly enough.....

It will though.....eventually.......Patience.....

you gotta love it, spend all day in negative territory bar very brief incursions to positive and then the 8 o'clock rally just comes along and starts propping it up...