Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

It would be really interesting to know the percentage of foreign ownership of the Dow companies and even property in the US. Anyone know where to obtain such figures ? The huge amount of revenue from artificially high oil prices will be mostly be invested here I would guess. This investment obviously inflates the value of the Dow, maybe by a few hundred points.

The US probably wouldn' t want those figures to be viewed all in one place! It could possibly scare the US people living there I imagine!

Does it matter what the price is? They have bought lots of out of hours futures again... LOL

I was watching a car programme last night and it had a US ford truck thing which is a big seller in the US..... it has a huge engine, 0 to 60 in no time at all, drinks fuel... but isn't popular here... I wonder why?

Put up the fuel in the US to the price it is here and then they would be complaining like there is no tomorrow! The UK on the other hand are not allowed to complain about it.. they have to put up with it and have now to consider congestion charges on top of that.. and increased taxes on other things!

And I want to leave cos I am getting fed up with the place and all the bureaucracy and paper work they like you to fill in so you can breathe :(

Racer said:
Put up the fuel in the US to the price it is here and then they would be complaining like there is no tomorrow! The UK on the other hand are not allowed to complain about it.. they have to put up with it and have now to consider congestion charges on top of that.. and increased taxes on other things!

And I want to leave cos I am getting fed up with the place and all the bureaucracy and paper work they like you to fill in so you can breathe :(
!! Still dreaming about NZ ??
;)

Are you short on the Dow yet or still watching & waiting ?

Joules MM1 said:
The time you'll know oil is REALLY expensive is when the press place the exclamation mark INFRONT of the sentence ...... !!Oil hits new high

(!)

:cheesy:
!! Great match - should make the rest of the series even more interesting !!

The 18:00 hour approaches.... the bounce or break of key area at 10550/60.

Looks like hinting at up but is that just to catch everyone out? It isn't 18:00 yet is it!

10500 area by days end?

Hmm, there may be a few big props going to stop it falling... piling in already I think

Last edited:
Racer said:
The 18:00 hour approaches.... the bounce or break of key area at 10550/60.

Looks like hinting at up but is that just to catch everyone out? It isn't 18:00 yet is it!

10500 area by days end?

Hmm, there may be a few big props going to stop it falling... piling in already I think
2OAdv & 10Dec. Dow held up by a Big Mac and a can of oil !:cheesy:
Crude now $63.75.

Oops think they used the wrong oil on those fries...............
slipped down there....

It's okay now, got the big guns in for support now.... steady as she goes....
nearly lost it there.. who wasn't looking....

sorry sir, it's all this oil underfoot.. you know the bit we have to hide till Weds?

Quick, call up the reserve funds.... its fallen again...

oh, you are using it to short oil.............

Oh......

Racer said:
Quick, call up the reserve funds.... its fallen again...

oh, you are using it to short oil.............

Oh......
Seems to be some support just above 10540. Has bounced off 10542 twice in the last hour. If it can convincingly breach this minor level of support then a 10500 close just might be on the cards.

They gave up on the shorting the oil bit and called all the reserves to prop the market

Racer said:
They gave up on the shorting the oil bit and called all the reserves to prop the market
After close cash futures up 16pts in 20 minutes !
Looks like the PPT is back in action once again.
Meanwhile oil hovers just below $64 and there will be another 25 basis point increase in the Fed rate tomorrow.

Now isn't that a surprise....

And where will they be in the morning... up 40 again like today?

Buy some more shares whilst they are cheap... quick, hurry hurry, fillyaboots

fed rate cut looming,the last 3 out of four cuts have signalled an immediate 100 point drop in the dow.