Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

thanks Joules :) nice hat.

big moves at 3 and 3.30 BST today then.

ISM and Oil.

both quite important at the moment.

FetteredChinos said:
well that makes you even more naive than i suspected.

how can you not prepare for a trading day, and not know one of the more important events in the monthly calendar?

or are you going to say that 100 point spikes in either direction are perfectly normal market behaviour?
No, it is already clear in terms of intent, FOMC or not. The die is cast and all else that follows is just an excuse to justify the mischief. Simple. That is why I pointed out mischief in advance of the event. Look at the time stamps.

the majority of posters here are doing their damned best to evaluate and put their necks on the line (mistakes and all) with their assessments.

On that note I think we should move on.......

I agree with roguetrader, simply ignore......

I quarrelled with this 'trading guru' before on this thread and I found that in the end ignoring can be very effective....

Thank you...

Now moving onto the markets....After the volatile day we had yesterday....well it was a range of only 100 points but it was indecisive stuff.....in the end we basically finished where we started.....at the top of the range....

The picture hasn't really differed......the overall trend is 'down'. The very short term trend of the past few days is up although it is still meaningless.....Then of course the stat....this weeks gains 90% of the time....well up or down....not sure but like Counter Violent has said before its best to trade with the trend....I don't want to chase any longs as I feel the upside at this moment in time seems fairly limited.....heavy resistance which still isn't cleared...

Last edited:
One can simply click on a user name, select user profile from the drop down menu and select ignore from the profile page

They should make that feature more prominent, I was looking for it earlier but missed it. Anyway, I now have one person on my ignore list and I can forget all this drivel.

FetteredChinos said:
ok, i'll bite, and try to be constructive on this one.

if the majority of what is posted is nonsense, and well it might be, could you please expound why it is nonsense. otherwise we get to the level of a GCSE english exam where you get marks for just stating facts, rather than the a-level/degree equivalent where you have to state the facts, and also the rationale behind the opinions based thereon.

so in a dramatic, Lewis Carroll-style, bout of reasoning, i conclude that you are neither of those?

FC
Again, the answers are very simple, truthfully, they are.
You talk of exams. Here the results precede the exams. This may seem like Lewis Carroll reasoning to you but it is the way it is. Therefore the reasoning to get to grips with this may seem to be Lewis Carrol and that is why the majority of people serve to be perplexed by it.
And, because they are perplexed, continue to talk nonsense round it , when in fact all of it is obvious.
No, it is just that I am more patient than the others.

SOCRATES said:
No, it is already clear in terms of intent, FOMC or not. The die is cast and all else that follows is just an excuse to justify the mischief. Simple. That is why I pointed out mischief in advance of the event. Look at the time stamps.

in advance of what event? i thought you didnt know it was FOMC day.

right. ignore is on. return to bliss

FC

SOCRATES said:

What a pile of garbage.
Are you so sad that you have to continually demonstrate your mentality on this board.

Like everyone else here I've had enough of your drivel and will ignore it in future.

ISM due at 10:00 GMT guys, often stands for "It Sinks Markets" and it also often turns into a trending day. Wednesday is also the most likely day for a trending day.

justyn said:
They should make that feature more prominent, I was looking for it earlier but missed it. Anyway, I now have one person on my ignore list and I can forget all this drivel.

Amen to that.

Fettered, the price behaviour previous to the event clearly indicated the onset of something dramatic, hence the mischief. It is very clear, I do not understand why you do not grab it.

Anyone watch Bad Behaviour on C4.. about unruly children? A useful insight :)

Socrates,

The price behaviour is like that on most FOMC days. It doesn't take any great skill to work that one out.

justyn said:
ISM due at 10:00 GMT guys, often stands for "It Sinks Markets" and it also often turns into a trending day. Wednesday is also the most likely day for a trending day.

i think you mean either 10am EST or 3pm BST lol..

i agree though. Wednesday's are the big range days.

will do some stats analysis on this so try to verify it.

FC

Charlie Millers take on yesterday
"Tomorrow has the potential to be another wild ride as choriographed by the cyborgs (large computer programmed trades). I'm not even making a guess on that one"

kriesau said:
What a pile of garbage.
Are you so sad that you have to continually demonstrate your moronic mentality on this board.

Like everyone else here I've had enough of your drivel and will ignore it in future.
Please yourself, but all of this is obvious and screaming at you. At least it is obvious to me if it is not obvious to you. Let us drop it, shall we ?

FetteredChinos said:

i agree though. Wednesday's are the big range days.

FC

right, data since 1998. not as wild as i had expected..hmmm. maybe it just seems like that :eek:

Average of range
day Total
Monday 164.6
Tuesday 162.9
Wednesday164.8
Thursday 161.9
Friday 161.2
Grand Total 163.1

Bigbusiness said:
Socrates,

The price behaviour is like that on most FOMC days. It doesn't take any great skill to work that one out.
You are one of a few able to grab it. Well done. I'm pleased.

Yes, sorry my mistake I meant EST.

Do you mean to verify that Wednesdays are most likely to be trending? I read this some time ago with stats to back it up but I can't remember the thread now. The poster had done some analysis to see which days were most likely to be trending.

Justyn.

and suddenly the ratings on a few of our friends dissapear.....

Anyone follow the currency action yesterday.....similar stuff...undecisive....the euro is up abit now though....

Dow up marginally from yesterday's close

justyn said:
Yes, sorry my mistake I meant EST.

Do you mean to verify that Wednesdays are most likely to be trending? I read this some time ago with stats to back it up but I can't remember the thread now. The poster had done some analysis to see which days were most likely to be trending.

Justyn.

i'll come up with a number to try to approximate a trendiness rating.

bear with me a moment while i eat my pasta

FC