Where is Bramble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardan

I would like to ask the question has anyone heard from “The Bramble” since the last post on “Multiple Nick’s” thread???

Doing a search and reading the content of the Multiple Nicks thread, I guess the answer is NO!

I would like to add that I think the situation although seems finished at this point in my opinion (for what it is worth) it is not.
A veteran and unbelievable helpful and honest member, not to say experienced trader .Who in my opinion (again) was a great asset to the members of this site, is no longer participating in this site.
WHY! Is it because someone made a simple mistake.

SORRY: THE HARDEST WORD IN THE DICTIONARY.

Please say it, we need “The Bramble” he’s a top bloke and proud too
I do not wish to upset the Moderators or get myself thrown from this great site but we can not afford to lose chaps like the Bramble.

One word and away we go, we are all grown ups and I for one would respect you for it.

Multiple Nicks - Let's Take a Look

Gardan

Shhhhh!

The Bunny Boiler might be listening, she will come for you....BE CAREFULL! :devilish:

I think he's back from his jollies ??
I also miss tony's mischief :cheesy:

Gardan said:
WHY! Is it because someone made a simple mistake.
I also like this site very much and have no wish to upset the moderators. But I don't think anyone round here gets summarily ejected for voicing a reasonable opinion politely. It's just not that sort of site.

I don't think it was the simple mistake as much as the refusal to give a full and equal apology for it. The "apology" eventually offered actually said as much as "I think I was right anyway".

And when I briefly commented so at the time, I got supportive emails from others on here telling me how much they agreed with me and were offended at the treatment given to the Brambly one.

So basically I agree with you, Gardan.

But, to be fair, who knows what happened in private? It might even have been more amicably resolved than we realise (though one wonders why nothing was said to that effect, if so?).

Maybe Sharky will see this thread and reply to it, seeing that people have understandable concerns?

Quite clearly the specific details relating to the multiple nicks should never have been published. That was a mistake on our part, and as I said before, SORRY on behalf of T2W and the mods.

Further than that, there isn't much more I can do unfortunately. :(

Sharky said:
Further than that, there isn't much more I can do unfortunately
Why not, Paul? Why can't the Bramble get the fulsome public apology he so obviously deserved, rather than just being told afterwards that actually his wrongful accuser "thought he was right anyway"?

It's good of you to come on here and discuss it with people at all, I recognise that.

And I recognise that you appreciate that members remain concerned about the issue.

My interest here is emphatically NOT in causing problems and dredging up trouble, but clearly there was an injustice done, and equally clearly appropriate action _could_ be taken to correct it, but that still _hasn't_ happened for some reason. That's perplexing, no?

Roberto,

Sorry my opinion yet again: I dont think Bramble has been ejected more like he is waiting for a apology from the person who made the mistake and not from Sharky who I think dealt with the situation as best he could.
I have read the "Multiple Nick's" link below and that's how I read it. I am glad you agree we need the Bramble back and hope someone, whether privately or otherwise sort's it out and let's get bramble back with those silly dogs and pain in the ar** comments (well to all of my posts anyway)

This is between two highly respective members on this site and it is a crying shame this incident has ended in this fashion. Just sometimes when someone ask's two proud men to shake hands and kiss and cuddle and make up (if they are so inclined) THEY DO.

I make no apologies for poking my nose were it may not be wanted but I do hope they can sort it soon.

Gardan
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=12092

Gardan said:
it is a crying shame this incident has ended in this fashion.
Agreed. I joined in the conversation because it strikes me that it could still be corrected, and obviously that would be very good. To my surprise, Sharky says he can do no more. But I don't understand why, as he hasn't said why. (I once ran a club with about 1,000 members and I honestly think that in his position, I would be doing something about this.)

Last edited:
I don't understand Roberto, what more can I do? I've given a full public apology.

Roberto

Roberto said:
Agreed. I joined in the conversation because it strikes me that it could still be corrected, and obviously that would be very good. To my surprise, Sharky says he can do no more. But I don't understand why.

Not taking sides but someone sometimes can not force someone else to do something they might not want to do. I don't think it anything to do with sharky at this point and as I have said above he may of done as much as he could to this point.

Again : two top guys who really respect each other just need to talk, one word and we are all mates again.

I,m off on the pi** now ,sorry dinner party, hope Bramble is posting when I return tomorrow.

Cheers Gardan

Sharky said:
I don't understand Roberto, what more can I do? I've given a full public apology.
If I were the Bramble (and I'm not for a moment trying to suggest that he's been in touch with me, or anything, because he hasn't), I'd want the moderator responsible to apologise (and without saying that he thought he was right anyway!) or be sacked.

Surely you realise that you're undermining your business's credibility in the members' eyes if you allow this to pass uncorrected?

Let me put it this way, Paul: do you agree with what your moderator said to the Bramble or not?And if not, what steps are you taking over it? What steps did you try to take at the time?

If you don't tell us anything except that you "can do no more" what on earth do you expect us to think? That you don't want to lose a useful moderator and will therefore tolerate this sort of behaviour rather than try to correct it?! I very much hope and trust that's wrong, but I can tell you, that's what people _will_ think if you don't explain otherwise. That's how it looks! Surely you can see that?

None of this is ANY of my business at all, of course, but if nothing else the conversation's brought to your attention that your members are very unhappy about it and very much awaiting its resolution.

I'm sorry (there I've said it again!) but I don't agree with you, how the matter is dealt with internally is not for public debate.

Sharky said:
I don't agree with you, how the matter is dealt with internally is not for public debate.
Thanks for your replies, Paul. And my apologies for embroiling myself in it. I accept (obviously, through lack of alternative) that how it's dealt with internally is not for public debate. Just as I'm sure you accept that the fact that it's not for public debate (i.e. correction) means that all the members will be left thinking that your worry over losing a useful moderator means that you'd prefer to tolerate that sort of behaviour. That disappoints me (and others) greatly, but I'll trouble you no further on the subject.

I have been in contact with Tony and it is unlikely that he will return in the near future. However, I will let him know that he now has an entire thread dedicated to his good self.

Paul

That'sa pity as it makes an apology pointless. However, I will apologise, with mitigation for publishing Brambles private information on this BB. I will remind you that he invited me to publish whatever information I had at my disposal to support my assumption that he had multiple nicks. He also chose to make it a public issue instead of persuing his innocence in private, which he started out to do.Had he done that, he may well have had his pound of flesh. There is no doubt in my mind that he had access to more than one nick for use on this BB. Whether he did or not is unproven. It is a shame he's gone. It was his choice.
We have made mistakes over the way this was handled and have learnt from it. Others have already been dealt with and those in the future that chose to use multiple nicks without good reason will be dealt with in the same way.
Can this now be filed in the archives please.

ChartMan said:
He also chose to make it a public issue instead of persuing his innocence in private
Why should he have to defend himself in private when you've wrongly accused him in public?????

ChartMan said:
There is no doubt in my mind that he had access to more than one nick for use on this BB.
How DARE you repeat your allegation yet again, in the circumstances?!?!

Mr. Gould, this is an absolute DISGRACE!!!

Don't you realise how many people care about this?!

ChartMan said:
Others have already been dealt with
Yes, everyone but you, apparently!

Mt. Gould, if you can't even control your staff to the point of preventing them from muddying the waters and exacerbating the damage they've already caused, PLEASE fire them. Otherwise you'll lose members, credibility and advertising revenue too.

Tony, I think, was innocent of wrong in this and posted a 'publish and be damned' message as he was convinced he was innocent.

I believe he deserves a public apology, without reservations, from the person who incorrectly interpreted the evidence - there were some grounds to think that this was a multiple nick, and it was obviously a genuine mistake, but I do think the weight of evidence is heavily in Tony's favour and apologies that include phrases intended to cast any doubt at all on Tony's actions or motives fall far short of what is now required.

Paul has done very nearly all he can, I am sure the poor chap was horrifed to discover T2W having a cardiac arrest when he returned from his trip.... it's just one of those things involved in going from a small site to a big player, there will be other trials along the way. Personally I'm saddened to see older (as in date of joining) members leaving, perhaps it's all part of growing up but T2W to me means 'no ramping, no PR, good advice/info and nice people' and most of those virtues seem to be under attack these days - I hope we survive intact!

Dave

I DID NOT WRONGLY ACCUSE HIM IN . HE HAD MULTIPLE NICKS. END OF STORY.
HE ADMITTED HE HAD MULTIPLE NICKS. WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

How dare you be so rude.You cannot be aware of all the facts as there were discussions in private to which no one but myself and Bramble are privy.Therefore you cannot judge as you do NOT have all the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.