Multiple Nicks - Let's Take a Look

Thankyou for you response
Not sure how you will resolve the multiple nick issue but from my experiance rather than an outright Ban something along the lines of " Suspended from posting" whilst still allowing one to view the site and PMs would have prevented my actions

I'm also known as TonyBlair.

Seriously this is getting out of hand.

You cannot prove that two posters are the same do to the same IP address for the following reasons:

1) Posters could be posting from behind a corporate Firewall/Proxy that uses NAT/PAT. For a large corporate there could be many posters here.

2) Several posters could be using an anonymous proxy. You could use a different one for different user names, you could set one up per Browser and use the one browser for that user.

3) T2W have no legal method of associating users to a single IP address with an ISP.

If I were going to decieve then its really rather easy to cover your trail so there may be many here who can and do get away with it.

Unfortunately if T2W are accusing people wrongly in public they are liable to be sued for Defamation of Character etc.

However many of the names published here are ones I have complained about but didn't even get a reply from T2W.

T2W need to start acting behind the scenes rather than hanging out there dirty laundry if they don't want to get sued out of existence.

JonnyT

Last edited:
Jonny, if you read the thread fully, you would see that it was based not solely on IP information, for the exact reasons you have pointed out.

There are many things that get discussed on PM that do not get acted upon immediately. You of all people should know this.

As Chartman says, it is being discussed at the moment, and action will be taken in due course relating to those members who continue to flout any of the new site regulations. We are all busy people, and Rome wasnt built in a day.

Now if anyone has any common sense, they will see that this thread has almost - if not completely - run its course.

Bigbusiness said:
The person that now seems to be Zenda is John B, not DaveJB
After my PM from Chartman last week and in combination with Skim's 'outing' post I have Zenda = John Bartlett = Bonnie1000 = DaveJB.

This is based purely on the mods info provided to us one way or another.

DaveJB - we did exchange PMs while you were in Florida with your family. If they're as wrong about you as they are about me - my unreserved apologies to you.

I just trusted the mods to be right - I was wrong to do that.

ChartMan said:
The Bramble
You invited me to post whatever I liked and I did so. The information is in the public domain.
My IP Address(es?) is not in the public domain. My name and address (for t2w members) is not in the public domain. You acted on privileged information - not on that in the public domain.

ChartMan said:
You have provided a plausible explanation as to how your multiple nick came to be. There still remains the question of Stockbaron.
Which I have already asked you to furnish further information on so I can establish why I am being associated with it. And on why I apparently have 2 IP addresses. You have failed to respond.

ChartMan said:
I didn't pick on you. I was merely pointing out that Socrates has no multiple nicks.
Unless he's using the necessary intelligence to circumvent your noddy detection system?

ChartMan said:
It was unfortunate that your name was mentioned in the same posting. It's a pity it was not one of the multiple nick members that we know are deceiving others.
It's more than 'unfortunate' or a 'pity' Martin, it was illegal. Was it also a 'pity' you incorrectly 'outed' DaveJB? How incorrect does anyone need to be in a job before they're shown the door?

ChartMan said:
There have been no false accusations.
Well, we're getting close to letting others decide that, aren't we?

ChartMan said:
There are two nicks (at least) associated with a single IP address. You had ample opportunity to offer a simple explanation instead of allowing this to escalate beyond all sense.
You gave me no opportunity to handle this - you went public straight off. I responded immediately by starting this thread and followed your posting of my full personal details with an explanation and a request for more 'info' on the Stockbaron nick.

ChartMan said:
You do yourself no favours. At the end of the day, eventually you gave an explanation. How did it slip your mind in the first instance?
What?

ChartMan said:
If there are two nicks with the same IP address, one can only arrive at one reasonable conclusion.
I've already arrived at it Martin. It's call 'not thinking things through'. I've already given an explanation of how this can occur.

ChartMan said:
I don't subscribe to the idea that a ,for example, two family members both have a burning interest in trading, both have a burning desire to be members of T2W and both register separately, thus effectively having a " multiple nick". I would suggest they are more inclined to share a single nick. In any event, the probability of two family members being interested in trading is remote, I would suggest.
Martin, your assumptions have already got you, and t2w, into trouble. I hope you trade better than you moderate.

You've got until close of play today.

Bramble,

You need to give reasonable notice before persuing any legal action.

The courts are likely to laugh at you unless you give 7 days written notice.

JonnyT

"I was merely pointing out that Socrates has no multiple nicks. "
Chartman, how can you be sure of this for Socrates or for anyone, given that one could use computers at different sites or different computers and different ISPs and phone lines from one site?

"However, given the above rule, if some people with multiple accounts are identifiable by admistrators/moderators, why not simply list them somewhere on the site.?"

When I posted the above I meant that if someone is suspected of using multiple accounts the nicknames could be listed e.g. Chartman = robq =theBramble if you had good reason (you don't, I assume) to believe that you and I and the Bramble were one and the same - a kind of blessed Trinity!. I have to say that if I were the Bramble I would feel very angry if my name and address were posted on a public forum without my explicit permission. I'm sure that won't happen again and it would be nice if we could all get back to business. You and the Bramble are very valuable contributors and everyone will lose out if you don't get over this spat.
RobQ

The without makes all the difference!

Last edited:
robq said:
I have to say that if I were the Bramble I would feel very angry if my name and address were posted on a public forum

I'd be absolutely livid!

Especially if the anticipated fulsome apology afterwards said "I don't subscribe to the idea that a ,for example, two family members both have a burning interest in trading, both have a burning desire to be members of T2W and both register separately, thus effectively having a " multiple nick". I would suggest they are more inclined to share a single nick"

That's just another way of saying "I think I was right anyway."

What sort of apology is that?

Name and addresses are in the public domain:

Go to http://www.allwhois.com and type in someone's domain name then you will get their name and address.

Anyway he gave the mods permission to publicly display anything related to this matter..

So what if ChartMan insinuated that someone had multiple nicks in the first place.

Who cares..

Last edited:
donaldduke said:
.Who cares ..

Several people, even objective bystanders concerned about this site, care ... as you can see from some of the posts above.

I'd like to change my 'nick' to 'Beer Money' to reflect my trading capital/trading aspirations.......

I think that 'tradesmart' sounds too high-falutin' and is often grossly inaccurate and could mislead others....... :confused:

I this possible please.......?

If I have any other 'nicks' that I don't know about or am suspected of having any other nicks, could someone let me know please.....

and I'd specifically like Chartman to check out my IP(s) just in case..........and 'out' me as necessary......... :cool:

Beer Money.......!!!!!

Yerse.......

Attachments

• pint.jpg
    pint.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 382
  • yerse.jpg.gif
    yerse.jpg.gif
    24 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
You must be doing well if you can afford to buy beer from your trading profits.

Keep up the excellent work.

I once bought a bag of peanuts from mine,
but I did have to chip a few bob in from the loose change account to complete the deal.
Dave

Tony (Bramble),
no problems here - as per my reply to Gardan on another thread, I don't hold grudges against anyone who makes a genuine mistake. You acted on what ought to have been reliable information, I do not hold you to blame for that.
In fact I'm not blaming anyone, nor complaining about anyone - mistakes happen, goodness knows I've made enough over the years, it would be silly to scream at people I have otherwise had a good deal of respect for since joining T2W. The real culprits are those who have exploited the loopholes for their own amusement, who have doubtless been standing back laughing at one blind man beats the next with his stick.... I wish the T2W mods and management well in rooting them out.

Dave

McDonalds in the Strand was a favourite

Great tip Brambs……

I tried it and all my trades were ‘whoppers’ (relatively speaking)…….

It must be the aroma of the Macs and fries.......

Sad that the session had to end when they realised that I hadn’t actually bought anything…..

And my bags were getting in the way…….. :(

Ps - I bet Skim is checking out the IP address now to find out which branch I used…… ;)

Attachments

• baglady.jpg
    baglady.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 390
donaldduke said:
TheBrambles name and address are in the public domain:

Go to http://www.allwhois.com and type in someone's domain name then you will get their name and address.

Anyway he gave the mods permission to publicly display anything related to this matter..

So what if ChartMan insinuated that someone had multiple nicks in the first place.

Who cares..
Thanks for editing your post DD, but the fact remains that my domain name was not in the 'public domain'. It was known only to t2w admin - until Chartman went public with it.

If you're not fussed about latent psychopaths or schizoid whizzards on t2w having your home address, why don't you post it us for us all to see now. Or, give us you domain name so we can run a 'whois' on it?

And while you're on your amateur UK law bit, nobody can waive their rights to UK law, under UK law. If I said it's OK for you to shoot me through the head - and you did - you'd still be breaking the law.

UK law??

There maybe an agreement between you and T2W when you joined, but i dont think
this agreement was passed as UK law.

Its a an agreement between you and T2W to keep your private details private.

I grant the admin and mods of t2w freedom to publish whatever information they
believe they have on me in regard to multiple nick usage
By stating this you
seemed to have specifically granted T2W permission to publicly publish whatever
information they hold about you (private or otherwise) that was relevant to this issue .

UK law has nothing to do with it.

Theres no point crying about it now, its your own fault.

If you're not fussed about latent psychopaths or schizoid whizzards on t2w having your home address, why don't you post it us for us all to see now. Or, give us you domain name so we can run a 'whois' on it?
Im not foolish enough to make my domain name public or foolish enough to grant permission to
someone else to do so either.

Last edited:
Oh Donald how wrong you are.

You simply can not publish somebody's personal information whether electronically or written even if this information can be found in the public domain.

And furthermore if part of the information was gathered from the operation of T2Ws site then the following comes into play as part of the data protection act.

13. - (1) An individual who suffers damage by reason of any contravention by a data controller of any of the requirements of this Act is entitled to compensation from the data controller for that damage.

(2) An individual who suffers distress by reason of any contravention by a data controller of any of the requirements of this Act is entitled to compensation from the data controller for that distress if-

(a) the individual also suffers damage by reason of the contravention, or
(b) the contravention relates to the processing of personal data for the special purposes.
(3) In proceedings brought against a person by virtue of this section it is a defence to prove that he had taken such care as in all the circumstances was reasonably required to comply with the requirement concerned.

Lets remember the evidence against Bramble is purely circumstantial