Where in the cycle are the major currencies?

Gave up easily? What do you know about the effort I put in so why do you assume to know? Cat, hamster, what on earth are you talking about or have you been drinking? I didn't say it was fact which is why I was asking for someone to show me an account that can provide the evidence that it does indeed work on its own. You fancy providing that evidence or are you going to just tell me it works and that you don't need to provide evidence of it and I should believe a stranger on their word. My institutional trader friends told me this would happen and said that nobody could show me evidence of it working in fx. Happy to be shown evidence to prove them wrong. I am curious if someone can. I am being open minded about this so not biased.

You're a popular target in this thread, eh!
Both times by people heavily invested in TA.

Perhaps offended that you question the basket that most or all of their eggs are in?

You're a popular target in this thread, eh!
Both times by people heavily invested in TA.

Perhaps offended that you question the basket that most or all of their eggs are in?

There has to be an element of truth in that. I really do hope to be proven wrong but then again it's interesting that so many in the retail trader space focus on technical analysis with the stats for success rate being what it is. Been reading a book principles by Ray Dalio and its an excellent read if you want to look into fundamental analysis by a billionaire hedge fund manager. He did what I have been thinking of doing and that is create a systematic program based on his fundamental ideas over 100 years of data and it ended up making better decisions than him. Worth a read pal.

You can listen to him read the book himself on audible

There has to be an element of truth in that. I really do hope to be proven wrong but then again it's interesting that so many in the retail trader space focus on technical analysis with the stats for success rate being what it is. Been reading a book principles by Ray Dalio and its an excellent read if you want to look into fundamental analysis by a billionaire hedge fund manager. He did what I have been thinking of doing and that is create a systematic program based on his fundamental ideas over 100 years of data and it ended up making better decisions than him. Worth a read pal.

You can listen to him read the book himself on audible

Is it "Principles: Life and Work"?
I listened a bit to Dalio after I watched that How the Economy Works video. Seems like I may be able to pick up and thing or two from him.

Is it "Principles: Life and Work"?
I listened a bit to Dalio after I watched that How the Economy Works video. Seems like I may be able to pick up and thing or two from him.

I've listened to Principles: Life and Work (Unabridged) and thought you might enjoy it too. It's totally free, if it's your first time accepting a book from a friend.

You can get it here: http://a.co/aWSL0cq

I've listened to Principles: Life and Work (Unabridged) and thought you might enjoy it too. It's totally free, if it's your first time accepting a book from a friend.

You can get it here: http://a.co/aWSL0cq

Wow...thank you very much mate!
Haha, brilliant! Audio AND free!

I really appreciate that gift mate! I was going to put it off until after I move over to the UK in a few weeks (save my money in the meantime) but now I can listen away to it in the meantime.

I opened the link when it was logged into someone else account but I downloaded the app on my phone and then signed into their account, downloaded, and now it's on my device :) 16+hours of audio!

Last edited:
Gave up easily? What do you know about the effort I put in so why do you assume to know? Cat, hamster, what on earth are you talking about or have you been drinking? I didn't say it was fact which is why I was asking for someone to show me an account that can provide the evidence that it does indeed work on its own. You fancy providing that evidence or are you going to just tell me it works and that you don't need to provide evidence of it and I should believe a stranger on their word. My institutional trader friends told me this would happen and said that nobody could show me evidence of it working in fx. Happy to be shown evidence to prove them wrong. I am curious if someone can. I am being open minded about this so not biased.

Jack Schwager has met his fair share of successful traders, and he holds an MA in Economics.

He says in his 2017 book: "There is no “right” side to the great fundamental versus technical debate: the appropriate method depends on the individual..... The bottom line is that each trader must explore both approaches and select the methodology or blend that feels the most comfortable and appropriate"