Article When Trading Journals Don?t Work

JumpOff

702 14
With any luck (or maybe even a little foresight?) the trading platform itself becomes a simple journal generator. I like the way Oanda.com puts a visual mark on the chart. Buy , sell, limit, stop - all these orders show on the screen with their own little color coded symbol and shape. Then at the end of the day I can screen capture and into a paint program for adding notes. If I want to be really wordy, I can embed the thing in a word document.

But it still doesn't do it all. On this example, I still have to draw the red and green position lines showing which entries were the enter and exit, and I have to look at the report and type in the pink scores at the end of the day.

Oh! Would that all my journal pictures looked like this one......
JO

Attachments

• oandaSample.gif
    oandaSample.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 230

rdstagg

207 3
Article Two

Good article.
The indications are that there is a second article.
I can't find it. Am I missing something?

steenbab

13 2
rdstagg said:
Good article.
The indications are that there is a second article.
I can't find it. Am I missing something?

Thanks; I'll be posting the second article shortly as a follow up article on the site.

Brett

Tomerep

72 1
Trading journals are very important, if I wouldnt keep mine I was to report bankruptcy long time ago.

ulmus

1 0
Thanks for the interesting articles on journals Brett, I find journals bring back bad memories of homework but the multimedia journal sounds great so I'm giving snagit and camtasia a trial.
cheers , ulmus

steenbab

13 2
Best of luck. There's a feature in the CQG platform (others may have it as well) in which the charts show the points where you entered and exited trades, worked orders, etc. There is also room for you to type notes into the chart. Print the charts at the end of the day and there's a journal!

Brett

theSnaggle

5 0
there is nothing new here. more palaver offered by a guy who makes a living from synthesizing the research and common sense perspectives of others...

TakeYourProfits

51 0
Tracking Biofeedback

I've been reading your book, "The Psychology of Trading: Tools for Minding the Markets", and I found your concept of "Biofeedback" very intriguing. However, considering that my "Trade Journal" is built on a foundation of mathematically quantifying the Objective Technical characteristics I have outlined in my trade plan in order to be able to always get an accurate snapshot of exactly where I am at along my Trade Journey at any given moment. I have been thinking about how to mathematically, or logically & objectively keep track of my emotions and feelings in the same way i keep track of a stochastic crossover, for example. Do you think taking an emotional reading at different points along the trade (@Protective stops,@ entry, @ Profit Target 1, @ Target 2, etc) to then track the winning percentages & other metrics of those emotions, would be an effective way of using what you call "Biofeedback" in your book in conjunction with my trading plan?

Im trying to figure out the best way to objectively implement a biofeedback reading into my trading strategy....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock