What's this T2W paid subscription service then!?!?!?

With the greatest of respect I am not here for my trading skills, I am here to look after the community. After all you wouldn't hire a painter to do the plumbing in your house would you? A house has many different needs that have to be addressed, just the same way that an online community has different needs, and in order to to that it requires many different people, with many different skills to keep it strong.

I am here to help you,the members: to ensure that your needs are meet with regard to enjoying this forum, in order that you can continue to discuss trading topics with your fellow forum members: and I promise that I will do that to the best of my ability. I am very committed to this site, and it's members.
Sue, while we're doing this 'greatest of respect thing', wasn't what you say you're doing the role of the advisors and mods? We've got to 150,000 members plus after 9 years and become the biggest trading site in the world. Did we miss a trick on the way that now needs your special talents?

It is pretty obvious how this site can survive long term, and that is by attracting more professional traders. :)
Not sure if the smiley denotes a tongue-in-cheek, but you are kidding, right? What this site needs is very different depending on which side of the revenue stream you sit.

It needs the professional traders to attract beginners, who are who the adverts will be primarily aimed at... or at least that's how I see it...

It's not impossible of course that there could be adverts aimed at professional traders, but we'd need a lot more first!

Sue, while we're doing this 'greatest of respect thing', wasn't what you say you're doing the role of the advisors and mods? We've got to 150,000 members plus after 9 years and become the biggest trading site in the world. Did we miss a trick on the way that now needs your special talents?

The mods and the advisors can't do it all on their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Sharky cares who clicks the links and causes the impressions to clock up - pros or newbies. It's a numbers game - not quality. Quality just slows things down.

More sound-bite posts. More bells. More whistles. Drive membership. Drive out quality.

Enter Sue....

Hail Our Saviour.....................:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Is there An afterlife Sue and do you advise them on their forums.....:p:p:p

Is there An afterlife Sue and do you advise them on their forums.....:p:p:p
I don't know, but if there is I will be on the beach reading a book and taking it easy. I'm sure there will be plenty of beach chairs around if you feel like joining me :)

...Those of you who know Sharky will know what kind of person he is.....Those of you who don't know him, then I can say that he is a very moral and decent individual, who does go out of his way to keep this site going........for free......!!

I know Sharky and would totally agree with your opinion of him.

There ain't nothing in this world that can't be either improved or made worse by a new face - so welcome aboard Sue!

If the site gets better - great; if worse, I'll be off. Not averse to subscription options - but the added value would have to be good.

Bit like the meerkats advert - Simple !

The advisors have never been engaged, and as I understand it, their recommendations largely ignored. The mods have been left to get on with it.

While additional fire-power on the admin side is to be welcomed, I would have thought this would more sensibly come from the ranks – not from outside.

I have no idea if you’re the greatest thing to on-line forums since advertising revenue, but you’d have been just as happy |(happier?) with the same appointment to facebook as t2w. You have no background with the site, no awareness of the history of it or the membership, and unless I’ve missed it, little to no knowledge or experience of its substantive topic of discourse.

While that does not bar you from involvement and exercising your creative flair in the more infrastructure related aspects of running and developing this site (the shade of the background and font used), it clearly should not allow you to get involved with the content, style or politicking of the place.

It’s a bit like having the bosses just left secondary school daughter being brought in to run the operations of the company. It doesn’t sit well.

I know this is going to really disappoint you, but I don't have a creative flare for fonts or colours.

Hi Sue,
As someone who's been around T2W for a while and, as a former T2W Advisor, I can understand and sympathize with many of the comments posted from other long standing members. That said, I also know what it's like to start in a new job and not get the extended warm hand of welcome that you might have expected. For that, my sympathies are with you and I feel a tad embarrassed. I hope you will settle in and, in time, the frosty reception will thaw as you get to know us better, listen to the comments (that have been repeated ad nauseum for yonks and yonks) and, most importantly, act on them. If you are the catalyst that instigates the changes that are so desperately needed then, in time, you might get to love this place and be as much a part of it as many of us. On that note there is, unfortunately, an 'us' and 'them' mentality. 'Us' being large chunks of the 'senior' membership and 'them' being Paul and admin'. Paul has always focused on the 'netty techy' stuff - the sexy fonts and pretty colours so to speak. If you are in any doubt that the content on T2W is at the very bottom of his list of concerns, you have only to spend a few hours surfing the forums to discover just how poor the majority of it is. Then look to see what initiatives are in place to try to improve it. Let us know if you find any! As the number of members and posts has risen, there's been an exponential drop in the quality of the content. Traders refer to this as negative deviation. Only, in this context, it's a bad thing where as, in trading, it is generally a good thing. To reverse the impression that many of us have that quantity is king and that quality doesn't matter, will require a gargantuan effort and focus on your part which will take time. A long time I suspect. But hey, every journey begins with the first step . . .
Good luck,
Tim.

Thanks timsk,

For me communication is very important, and I am always open to reading and taking into consideration everyones comments, suggestions and experiences. Feedback is good, whether negative or positive. It's the only way to know what is working, what is not, and what needs fixing. I've got my trusty screwdriver and drill at the ready :)

Thanks timsk,

For me communication is very important, and I am always open to reading and taking into consideration everyones comments, suggestions and experiences. Feedback is good, whether negative or positive. It's the only way to know what is working, what is not, and what needs fixing. I've got my trusty screwdriver and drill at the ready :)

thats a scary thought. hope thats not what you meant.
driller_killer.jpg

welcome Sue. :cheesy: