What's this T2W paid subscription service then!?!?!?

arabianights

Legendary member
(Posted in General Trading Chat rather than asking privately cause this will cause more lulz)

So since Sue appeared out of the blue I thought I'd take a wee search for the job ad for the Community Manager job, and I see it advertised at Community Manager at Trade2Win | The Moderator Community

And I notice that one task is to "Establish and manage a new paid subscription service."

Firstly, why weren't advisors asked about this new service? Is there any point in us at all :LOL:

Secondly, what the hell is it? You're not seriously thinking about selling signals or something are you?

you not spotted the survey on the top right corner asking about would you miss t2w? there gona start charging for it!!

The paid subscription service is something we've talked about from day 1, but never actually done. No we're not selling signals! In fact I'm not even sure what we'd offer right now, it's something we would want to consult with mods/advisors and members about - but no doubt it would relate to our core values which are education, community and support. It's just one of the MANY things Sue will be looking at over the coming months.

Arabianights - as a T2W Advisor I'm particularly dismayed that you'd wish to generate 'lulz' and stir up a negative reaction. I would not expect that from an advisor - and yes, Sue and I will also be reviewing all our previous initiative, inc the advisors, to ensure these support our goal of making T2W the best online trading community bar none.

Arabianights - as a T2W Advisor I'm particularly dismayed that you'd wish to generate 'lulz' and stir up a negative reaction. I would not expect that from an advisor - and yes, Sue and I will also be reviewing all our previous initiative, inc the advisors, to ensure these support our goal of making T2W the best online trading community bar none.

With the greatest of respect, do you or Sue ever read trading forums ? Do you and Sue actually trade ?, and do you or Sue actually have the remotest interest in trading ?

With the greatest of respect, do you or Sue ever read trading forums ? Do you and Sue actually trade ?, and do you or Sue actually have the remotest interest in trading ?

Sue apparently does some part time and her hubby trades.

I dunno, generally you have a product before you decide you want to sell it.

See what happens.

P.S. Don't most advisers...do it for the lulz?

Zupcon - I don't seriously consider being an active trader and running a community at the same time, is either required or desirable. In whatever line of work you choose to do, you should focus on doing it to the best of your ability. I learned early on that I was much better doing web stuff than I could ever be as a trader; and I've always maintained that. I definitely have a very strong interest and fascination with trading; after all it was the reason I set up the website in the first place. I used to trade; and continue to maintain some trading accounts for occasional trades; but I'm not an active trader. Nevertheless I probably know a lot more about trading than most; for example; I recently successfully passed the NFA Series 3 exam; so could theoretically work as a CTA - not that I have any intention to!

You'll notice from the job description that trading experience isn't a requisite; I really wanted to find the best person for the role, and I'm confident that Sue is the perfect match for the site - to make a great community manager, you need to have a passion for community, be a great communicator, methodical and good at working with people. She has those skills and she's proven them with the other forums she's worked on in the past. We had an overwhelming response from the job adverts we posted; and Sue really stood out as the best candidate. She's new to the site; there's a lot to take in and a lot of work ahead. We'll be doing our best to make some significant and lasting improvements to the site.

T2W going down the..?

Charging for using T2W?
Surely not. If that happens maybe it's time to move on

Attachments

• image_-_money_in_toilet.jpg
    image_-_money_in_toilet.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 245
Charging for using T2W?
Surely not. If that happens maybe it's time to move on

I cant see what T2W could charge for.
This site is more a social site for traders, IMO.

babypips, traders laboratory and especially ForexFactory have a far stronger focus on systems/strategies, and therefore have something worth subscribing for.

or am I missing something?

(I prefer T2W since it was the first I joined, and is the only one I post regularly post on.)

Absolutely not Neil - paid subscription, if we ever do launch one, would not be for accessing the site, but for some added-value product or service. But whatever we decide we'll consult with the members first.

Thanks trendie, I agree we're not focussed on systems or strategies; but perhaps more on education. So just as an example, we could give members access to a digital library of published trading books at a fraction of the cost of having to buy them - that's just one example. We're in a position to negotiate discounts on all sorts of products and services, and if we can pass these on to our members; something that was worthwhile then I definitely think we should do it.

But right now, we're not about to launch anything; and we've got enough on our plate at the moment to think about any new initiatives - although as always we welcome feedback and if members do have ideas then please share them!

With the greatest of respect I am not here for my trading skills, I am here to look after the community. After all you wouldn't hire a painter to do the plumbing in your house would you? A house has many different needs that have to be addressed, just the same way that an online community has different needs, and in order to to that it requires many different people, with many different skills to keep it strong.

I am here to help you,the members: to ensure that your needs are meet with regard to enjoying this forum, in order that you can continue to discuss trading topics with your fellow forum members: and I promise that I will do that to the best of my ability. I am very committed to this site, and it's members.

Zupcon - I don't seriously consider being an active trader and running a community at the same time, is either required or desirable......

Thanks for taking the time to respond, it's appreciated.

It was a bit ill judged of me posting this on the same day that Sue started... so regardless of what else happens, Welcome Sue!