T2W Mail Service Announcement

Sharky

Staff
We've taken the decision to phase out the T2W Mail Service. This is the free @t2w.com email service that's been available for members for the past few years at http://mail.t2w.com

I know that although we have several thousand accounts set up only a few members use the service on a regular basis.

Unfortunately the cost of maintaining the service and the effort required to support it is widely disproportionate to the benefit derived to the wider membership. With so many great free email services around we thought it would be best to concentrate on the trading content aspects of the site instead.

Members who currently use the service please can you set up a forwarding rule to a different email address in the "Automatically forward messages" field of the General Options page of Preferences here: http://mail.t2w.com/options.general.php

The service will remain available to access for a period of 3 months and cease operation on Friday, June 8th. PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE UPDATED YOUR WEBSITES SUBSCRIPTIONS ETC by this date!

Please note - with the forthcoming site relaunch, members will no longer be able to browse their emails from their control panel or have the number of new emails listed on the front page.

I'll also send an email to all members of the service shortly in case anyone doesn't read this announcement.

Hi Sharky.

I know service is ended soon which is a pity, but today I have had problems accessing the mail. This is the message I am getting. Any idea's m8.

ySQL error: Can't open file: 'hive_eventlog.MYI' (errno: 145)
MySQL error number: 1016
Script: /index.php
Date: April 19, 2007, 6:33 pm

Invalid query:
INSERT INTO hive_eventlog
VALUES (NULL, 1177004009, 0, 1, 401, 'a:2:{s:2:\"ip\";s:13:\"81.33.231.104\";s:4:\"user\";s:7:\"Options\";}')

As an edit to this. No mail is getting through of course to the other mail account I have now set up, which the t2w account forwarded everything to.

Last edited:
Yeah sorry about that(!) - we ran out of space on the server and it corrupted the database table - since been fixed and so mail should be coming through.

A quick reminder to everyone that we're pulling the plug on the T2W Mail service next Friday. So please, please make sure if you use this service you've already informed your contacts and updated any subscription so that you no longer received email @t2w.com

Many thanks,

Yeah sorry about that(!) - we ran out of space on the server and it corrupted the database table - since been fixed and so mail should be coming through.

Not sure if this would make a difference, but each member can store up to 10.000 private messages... that seems like overkill to me?

No, that wouldnt make a difference. I can't imagine anyone has that many priv messages, and even if they some how did, because it's just text - it's relatively small compared to a single video file. The space issue has been largely resolved following the website relaunch. So no need to worry!

The mail service will end tomorrow. Please ensure if you are still using it - that you update your contacts and web subscriptions. Thank you.