What consitutes a "LIVE TRADING CALL"

What Constitutes a "LIVE TRADING CALL"

• Option1

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • Option2

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those who think FxMo is a scamer can i ask why you think he is one?

Is he linking to a commercial blog ? a twitter feed? Is he sending out a ton of PM's to newbies!

As a mod, I can't read peoples PM's. But i can see how many PM's they have sent.

FXmo has almost 20,000 posts on this site, yet he has only sent 16 PM's

compare that to MR Fox, who had 400 posts and had sent out over 200 pm's!

Thats when the alarm bells start ringing!

Maybe i'm missing something, but i really don't see what the issue is!

Is he linking to a commercial blog ? a twitter feed? Is he sending out a ton of PM's to newbies!

As a mod, I can't read peoples PM's. But i can see how many PM's they have sent.

I certainly haven't referred to FX as a scammer, he has done nothing which deserves that tag. My concerns have being raised and discussed here regarding "live calls" only and we should be able to move that forward in the New year.

regards

Look forward to looking through the TE thread - never seen it before

Isn't metrader a new trader ???

New trader? I honestly don't know.
His calls are about the best i've seen in recent times on here, though.
Crystal clear, high hit rate with decent r:r and with no room for wriggling out of the bad ones due to nebulous wording;)

Yeah be sure to read the experts thread. You might actually like it, lol

I think most of the PM's are to apologise to T2W either Trader 333 / Timsk / you etc for getting banned for arguing

I believe many have tried to PM me - and of course I have nothing to sell and really dont want" one to one" stuff with loads of traders - I had the problem on the other forum when I had 300+ friends who kept Pming me and thinking I was rude if I did not answer in under 1 hour lol

Cheers - I am no Davie Robertson or any other dodgy vendor etc etc

Regards

F

Last edited:
Have a nice weekend all, I wish all of you wo are finishing todsay a Merry Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous New Year. Regards Rob

I certainly haven't referred to FX as a scammer, he has done nothing which deserves that tag. My concerns have being raised and discussed here regarding "live calls" only and we should be able to move that forward in the New year.

regards

I have no problem with Dinos suggestions and ideas etc etc and even doing the most perfect live calls off 5 pip stops you will ever see. Dont expect 10 or 20 a day though.

Although probably in six months time Major Magnum will be doing them better than me

Regards

F

No, dont think he is a scammer, I do think his calls are very misleading with no evidence to back them up, as i have stated earlier i am not a hater or disser, but simply put, his method of calling a live trade is not excepted among other traders, ether on experienced or newbie/learning level and this is what causes conflict. As he states, he is going to make more of a effort in the new year to adhere to the option 1 criteria of making a live call.

I have no problem with Dinos suggestions and ideas etc etc and even doing the most perfect live calls off 5 pip stops you will ever see. Dont expect 10 or 20 a day though.

Although probably in six months time Major Magnum will be doing them better than me

Regards

F

Good on you FX, hopefully, we all can learn that little bit extra from one another, perhaps things we have never thought about before that might help each and every one of more.

Regards

Good on you FX, hopefully, we all can learn that little bit extra from one another, perhaps things we have never thought about before that might help each and every one of more.

Regards

Agree

I have never ever traded indices - but understand some of my time "edges " on interim highs and lows will work on indices

So I have no problem sharing them - I retire in next few years - or go to say 5 days or so a month - so as long as the market is not bare by then - I am all for retail traders making more money at the expense of he big boys ;-)

(y)

Agree

I have never ever traded indices - but understand some of my time "edges " on interim highs and lows will work on indices

So I have no problem sharing them - I retire in next few years - or go to say 5 days or so a month - so as long a the market is not bare by then - I am all for retail traders making more money at the expense of he big boys ;-)

(y)

Agree
Cheers, have a great weekend, time I wasn't here, meeting my youngest in the town for a beer or 3, :cheers::cheers::drunk::drunk:

With respect Mike, the whole point of the boards is that members can express any views they like...but by the same rule, they can expect to be challenged on those views....this is what makes a board and is the very reason members flock to threads like this.

So, when someone sets themselves up as an "expert retail trader" then they are going to attract attention and the more the better I have to say.

I concur with c_v, not because he's a tough northerner and I'm soft southerner that's scared pooless by him, but because this is also the view of admin'. Yep, we're in agreement! (Contrary to popular belief, Mods and admin don't always see eye to eye!)

When it comes to trading issues, historically, the boards are usually pretty good at self regulating. So, if someone spouts complete and utter bull poo - another member will flag it up. This has certainly happened in FoMo's case, right from when he first started posting. (For the record, please note that I'm not saying FoMo posts rubbish - merely that others have questioned much of his output.) Members can then read the opposing views and decide for themselves who knows what's what and who's talking out of their derriere. All the while, the Mods keep the peace and deal with those who transgress into personal attacks and vitriol etc.

I think Shakone and some others have left simply because they tired of doing this again and again. I can sympathise with that, but to legislate against it opens up a Pandora's box of worms. For example, in light of the 'Mr. Fox' thread, I wondered if we could legislate as to what constitutes an acceptable statement or screen grab of a platform's trade blotter. In theory, it sounds simple, but in practice it will mean that anyone who doesn't like whatever the official T2W definition ends up being - will simply say it's obvious that (username's) statement is Photoshoped, cropped or manipulated in some way. Moreover, anyone who can't see it must be an idiot and then, because the mods don't delete the offending post(s) and ban the member - they must be in cahoots with the evil vendor! The conspiracy theorists have a field day. I've seen it a thousand times. So, I doubt legislation of this kind will solve anything; the arguments will continue. Ditto with what constitutes a 'live' call.

I will read this thread (and others on similar topics) and I'm always open to suggestions. I'll also give the matter some thought myself. However, whatever goes before Sharky must not stifle debate, alienate members or impose any kind of restrictive view about trading. Some of you might say that good contributors have left T2W because they felt alienated by members they regard as trolls being allowed to post content they disapproved of. Not so, all they had to do was to use the Report Post function and then put the member concerned on ignore and carry on posting to the threads that interest them. Actually, if one looks around the site, there are a fair few excellent members who have done - and continue to do - exactly this. T2W cannot kowtow to the demands of individual members and shape the site into whatever they want it to be. Hopefully, the reason why is obvious. We're all different, we'd never agree! Besides, that's not what T2W is about and it's contrary to its ethos of free speech within the boundaries of the Community Constitution.
Tim.

Sorry not been about - been on that other new thread from prior to 3 00 pm

Did you take a trade on any pair after 3 00 pm to 3 09 pm

Or scalp buy from 2 39 to 2 58 pm ish???

If so it could back up a live call I did on EU on that thread - of course getting the wee wee taken - but that accepted ;-)

ive been in and out. my mistake was cad news.

if i had been about i think eu would have been an easy buy at 14.19 to 14.21
i think i would have tried a small short at 14.56
i would have been tempted to add at 14.59 as it broke dy supps, but a safer bet was break of int supps at 15.04, although by that time we are about 20 from the top. the break of my longest Lr supp wld have reassured me though.
i wouold have been looking for price to get to 2260 by eotw, but it did not.
i would probably have been stopped out by 15.25 omn remainders, as i would have taken 70 as my expected level had not been reached by eotw.
im not yet good enough to have got the sell at 15:52, but i think i cld have got in at 15:55, as everything else at that point was saying lower.
on reflection, the fractal at 15:50 at 1.2274 ( key int res) was a giveaway come to think of it. exactly as you describe. a sig level moved to by start of tw, lrs over with medium term lr doing what i call a bear claw lol, then also at 14:54 price had failed to find more demand above BRN.
i think before 1550 for me it was not yet clear we could go down further, but after that one dynamic moment, especially at 15:56, it was a total no brainer.
this is how i see things F. Please tell me if i have got the wrong end of the stick totally. Would be good to assess what you think of my imitation price reading!

I asked MM if he had caught the EU sell off after 3 00 pm - it was nearly 80 pips

The second comment on my thread is shown

This is the guy who got 3000% increase on a demo in 2 weeks with over 200 trades and over 80% success and on live accounts - 20 -30 % per day on 2% stakes

And see - he still questions his reading of PA and time etc - and like all of us will make mistakes

like the no brainer quote though

Regards

F

Attachments

• drunk.jpg
    drunk.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 136
Not everybody wants to or is even interested in making a live call and I respect any individual decision who prefers not to.

However, I have a major issue, with traders, who mark them themselves up a expert traders and provide fuzzy edged areas were a trade will be taken and some time after that event has happened, claim to have made xx number of pips/points and refuse everybody's call to identify when the trade was entered and exited the market or even confirm that any trade has actually taken place.

So, (out of interest), what do you perceive to be the requirements of a live call.

OPTION 1.

1) Enter the time you placed the trade (within 1 minute of taking the trade)
2) Specify the price you entered the trade at
3) Stop Loss level, eg 10, 20 or none.
4) Limit level target or
5) Exit strategy if your limit isn't acheived.
6) Show a screenshot of your entry from your blotter for confirmation of your claim

OPTION 2

1) Identify target areas, eg: long above X levels or short below X level
2) Never confirm the entry price you achieved when you executed the trade.
3) Claim you made X pips/points from trading No 1 above
4) Never state stops or limits
5) Never under any circumstances provide evidence of your claim
6) Continue to claim your an expert.

Be interesting to see the outcome, thanks for participating. Regards, Rob

anything I have ever done at T2win has been with open and honest intentions to share what I am thinking or seeing at the time ..........warts and all ..........

I am surprised at some of the lengths some people have gone to try to look good in presenting 95%+ results in their trades ...........its just fantasy ...........and we all know it so the jokes on them

just be open and honest and wear the losers on your sleeve - For christs sake learning to lose is part of the game after all .............as that's how you learn and prosper ultimately ....as in life

N

Hi Rob and all,

good to see lots of oldtimers still around.

Guys, we need to get a grip.

Focus and concentration is what it's all about.

You want to call yourself a trader ?

Only guys who get to call themself that are guys who know what's what.

Real experts and pros.

What's that mean ?

That means real traders short the high of the day, and cover at the low.

Other days, buy at the low, and cover at the top.

Stop losses ?

For ninnies.

Who needs em when we've got it nailed with laser like vision, experience under our belts and brilliant insight.

Rinse and repeat.

Without err or fail, daily !

And then, you need to do that double the size of anybody else.

Anyone who can't do that is just a rank amateur better off selling fries at McDonalds.

Now that's what real trading is.

Simple enough, I should think.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Merry Christmas everyone, also Fomo.

santa%20village2.jpg